- 981 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Poland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 240post #3586 of 52852/7/14 at 5:33amAFAIK, BA3 has rather V shaped sound. Whereas BA4 is neutral (r version being more analytical/reference and f version with added warmth and musicality). So, much depends what you are looking for in the sound.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3587 of 52852/7/14 at 5:38ampost #3588 of 52852/7/14 at 6:24ampost #3589 of 52852/7/14 at 6:31ampost #3590 of 52852/7/14 at 6:54amQuote:
You've not been the only who has been enquiring about that possibility :P :)post #3591 of 52852/8/14 at 4:59amThe day has arrived... after loving my um3x for almost four years, I crushed them, um3x+back pocket+chair=bad idea hahahaha. The solution? wait until phill activates my CER shop request xDD, this way I kill two birds with one stone, I keep my es3x (?) and you have my ear impressions for future ciems (hy5 maybe?? xDD).
I'll be anxious waiting your answer my CE user is the same, Enigma87
Edited by Enigma87 - 2/8/14 at 5:03ampost #3592 of 52852/9/14 at 4:01ampost #3593 of 52852/9/14 at 6:03amQuote:
Intermittent but yes if you mean emails.post #3594 of 52852/9/14 at 6:11ampost #3595 of 52852/9/14 at 9:46ampost #3596 of 52852/9/14 at 10:48amQuote:
Will they be available soon? My prefitmodels are about to expire 😉post #3597 of 52852/9/14 at 10:53ampost #3598 of 52852/9/14 at 11:57amSend Phil an email and he wil answer all of your questions about CE6. He did not give any release date but maybe now he can tell you something about this.post #3599 of 52852/9/14 at 1:04pmpost #3600 of 52852/12/14 at 12:47am
I've got my jh16 reshells back from Phil, and I must say that the fit is SPOT-ON!!! No company has ever made a pair of acrylic-based customs that fit right the first time!
Phil was extremely responsive throughout the entire process, even before I made the purchase. This is the most positive experience I've had with a customs company thus far.. For the measly amount I paid for the JH16 reshell(they were my own originally, but the original build was lacking and the fit was pretty bad, and I always had a suspicion there was imbalance between R-L), Phil fixed my imbalance issue, replaced the everything inside that was broken down and worn out, and I received a pair of IEMs that I feel are better in build quality compared to the original.
I think some points really stood out in the whole process that highlights Cosmic Ears' dedication to its customers
1) Phil advised me against getting a HY3 replacement and suggested I wait for the reshell to be done since I would probably not enjoy it as much. What company in its right mind would turn down more business!!
2) Phil actually used his personal time to help experiment and repair the imbalance problem for my Jh16s. I cannot express in words how grateful I am to him. Without his help I would just have a pair of very expensive paper weights.
3) The process took a little longer than usual, which I stress is NO FAULT of cosmic ear. Since JH uses different sizes from the standard sound tubes, Phil had to order them and wait. Plus, he had to experiment through trial and error the best way to remedy the imbalance. Although it wasn't his fault, he felt responsible for it and more than made up for it by throwing in a HUGE surprise when he sent my reshells back.
I'm pretty sure that Phil made a huge loss in trying to remedy my reshell, and I truly appreciate his help.
Phil, if you read this, thanks for all your help! You have a loyal customer for life!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 27 seconds ago
- › Echobox Audio Explorer impressions and discussion thread 41 seconds ago
- › Budget In-Ear headphones? 48 seconds ago
- › Audeze Balanced Cable for EL-8 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 4 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear