Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 239
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3572 of 52822/1/14 at 11:58pmpost #3573 of 52822/2/14 at 8:16ampost #3574 of 52822/2/14 at 11:56pmpost #3575 of 52822/5/14 at 6:14pm
With a few little personal customisations these would come out to $288 and $410, respectively. These prices are not including the ~$150 or so for the audiologist impressions and shipping to Sweden from Australia.
I'm happy to pay the extra money if the sound quality is going to be noticeably better, but otherwise I'll likely go with the BA2s. Can anyone here offer any input or give any general thoughts on the topic?
For reference I would be moving up from a pair of Shure SE215s
Any thought would be greatly appreciated.post #3576 of 52822/5/14 at 11:11pmpost #3577 of 52822/5/14 at 11:36pmpost #3578 of 52822/5/14 at 11:46pm
I'm a fan of CE but maybe you should try ciems first from a company closer to you. Imagine you have to do a refit, are you willing to pay another $100 just to ship it back?post #3579 of 52822/6/14 at 12:23ampost #3580 of 52822/6/14 at 12:26ampost #3581 of 52822/6/14 at 12:39ampost #3582 of 52822/7/14 at 4:44amQuote:
Even if I'd need a refit it'd still be cheaper than going for other similar spec'd/quality companies that are near me.
I think considering the great Customer Support I've had from Phil too, I'd rather support CE as well.post #3583 of 52822/7/14 at 4:51ampost #3584 of 52822/7/14 at 5:07ampost #3585 of 52822/7/14 at 5:22am
I was looking at the BA3 which is 410 with my customisations and the BA4 is 482 with my customisations. Do you think it'd be worth the upgrade?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Duna dn2000 or something else? 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear