Tre treble part, end of the sound paragraph I believe.
- 4,160 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Hell
- Select All Posts By This User
Mainly my opinion on the treble and bass. In the first iteration, I stated that the bass was only boosted by about 3-4 db. That might be so, but only compared to the already warm-ish mackie monitors. So I removed that part. After spending some time with the AKG K702 annies, going back to the BA4f makes it clear that the treble is the weakest link in the BA4f. So I also added that bit.
In short, the review is a little harsher and more honest now!
After using my repaired BA4F in trasportation, my PROS/CONS (compared to my previous Klipsch) :
- Sound : Huge sound, exactly what I was looking for. Not too much bass, just the correct amount for my needs.
- Cable : can be changed, before with my previous IEM, I had to change it every year due to cable issues
- Fit : Once you put it in you don't feelt it
- Isolation : I thought that the isolation should be better with CIEM but not. It was better with the Klipsch.
- Fit : Due to loose fit, isolation is not perfect
- Smarphone Mic & Remote : Unfortunately, no remote cable at this time for the Cosmic Ears CIEM
I'm a bit disappointed because now the sound is perfect butto solve the problem it needed to break the previous shell and built a new one. But the fit of the new shell is worst than the previous one that was perfect.
Looks like you should get it modified because the isolation is great when the fit is correct. Bbviously you're having a problem in that area as you say yourself.
Not only does it influence the isolation, it also influences the sound, and bass mostly.
Well, the only difference is a slight boost in bass in the BA4f model. And I EQ the bass down. So it's pretty much the same thing we're hearing
If Phil says you have the reference version, you have the reference version.
I think your ears got used to the bright sound of the etymotics. And I came to terms with the slightly softer treble :) (I also turn the treble up a bit in the EQ)
Please get back in touch with Phil. He has a record of going to extended lengths in order to ensure his customers are happy.