or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 214

post #3196 of 5221

Daftpolecat, the look very nice! Any early impressions of the sound?

post #3197 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpolecat View Post
 

http://imgur.com/a/bXxuc - Album link

Basic Space XX!!!!!!

Sweet earphones and good music! It's taking just a tad longer from Sweden to Hong Kong, just hurry up and wait.

 

Cheers

post #3198 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpolecat View Post
 

Very nice! The smoke colour is a lot more popular than I thought. I notice that the logo is on the back, and you have initials on it too. Did they just start doing that?

 

Mine are on their way back to me after their second refit. Fingers crossed that they fit perfectly this time - I don't want it to be like David Cotton's case - no offence intended :tongue: 

post #3199 of 5221
Mine also have initials and I didn't ask for this specifically, so maybe now it is the standard.
post #3200 of 5221

First impressions paired with iBasso DX50 or pc -> fiio e17 are that this was money well spent.

 

Initials and logo inside seem standard now, I'm happy mines made the cut there as they'd have been a bit boring without that.

post #3201 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpolecat View Post
 

First impressions paired with iBasso DX50 or pc -> fiio e17 are that this was money well spent.

 

Initials and logo inside seem standard now, I'm happy mines made the cut there as they'd have been a bit boring without that.

Good :)

 

I've just received the O2 amp, and pairing it with the LO of the audinst I can hear a relatively big improvent. 

Especially in songs that firsts sounded a bit jumbled, and messy, the BA4f sounds crystal clear paired with the O2. The biggest improvement is probably in the bass, it has even more resolution now. 

 

The biggest improvement is that I don't need an EQ with this amp! The midbass hump is gone, funny how 5 ohms of impedance can wreck the sound. 

post #3202 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

Very nice! The smoke colour is a lot more popular than I thought. I notice that the logo is on the back, and you have initials on it too. Did they just start doing that?

 

Mine are on their way back to me after their second refit. Fingers crossed that they fit perfectly this time - I don't want it to be like David Cotton's case - no offence intended :tongue: 


None taken.  If the only good thing that came out of my situation is that the prefit service has helped others then it's all good :)

 

I still can't work out why my right ear prefers silicone whilst my left prefers acrylic.  Go work that one out :P

 

Still tempted to give the ba4f a shot but I just don't want to get stuck in the loop again.   With the advent of the custom universals becoming more prevalent I may go that route instead :)

post #3203 of 5221

I have to say that my experience with Phil and CosmicEars so far has been nothing but stellar. I sent my JH16 in for reshelling, and not only has he helped to detect an issue with the drivers, he has spared no effort in helping me try to solve the problem, going over and above what any other company would do.

 

This company places serious emphasis on customer satisfaction, and this was demonstrated to me when I asked to order a HY3 as a replacement for my jh16, instead of seizing the opportunity to make a quick buck, he tells me to be patient and see if he can fix the 16s instead because in his words "coming from the 16s you would not be happy with the HY3".


Edited by davtse - 10/22/13 at 11:33am
post #3204 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post
 

None taken.  If the only good thing that came out of my situation is that the prefit service has helped others then it's all good :)

 

I still can't work out why my right ear prefers silicone whilst my left prefers acrylic.  Go work that one out :P

 

Still tempted to give the ba4f a shot but I just don't want to get stuck in the loop again.   With the advent of the custom universals becoming more prevalent I may go that route instead :)

 

If you managed to get a good fit in the end, perhaps they can make the BA4f based on your final well-fitting shells instead of from impressions, that way they will fit for sure. Not sure if it's possible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davtse View Post
 

I have to say that my experience with Phil and CosmicEars so far has been nothing but stellar. I sent my JH16 in for reshelling, and not only has he helped to detect an issue with the drivers, he has spared no effort in helping me try to solve the problem, going over and above what any other company would do.

 

This company places serious emphasis on customer satisfaction, and this was demonstrated to me when I asked to order a HY3 as a replacement for my jh16, instead of seizing the opportunity to make a quick buck, he tells me to be patient and see if he can fix the 16s instead because in his words "coming from the 16s you would not be happy with the HY3".

 

So they're now doing reshells for other models besides the TF10? That's great. I wonder if they will be able to keep the sonics exactly the same as an original JH16, as a slightly different bore length/diameter can change the sound quite a bit. And he's right, the HY3 are good but there's no way they will be anywhere near as good as the JH16 with only 3 drivers. The future HY5 might come closer but I would expect it to be similar in performance to the UM Merlin.

post #3205 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

If you managed to get a good fit in the end, perhaps they can make the BA4f based on your final well-fitting shells instead of from impressions, that way they will fit for sure. Not sure if it's possible.

 

 

So they're now doing reshells for other models besides the TF10? That's great. I wonder if they will be able to keep the sonics exactly the same as an original JH16, as a slightly different bore length/diameter can change the sound quite a bit. And he's right, the HY3 are good but there's no way they will be anywhere near as good as the JH16 with only 3 drivers. The future HY5 might come closer but I would expect it to be similar in performance to the UM Merlin.

 

Yep, they can reshell other earphones but it's best to email them before sending them in to confirm. They have measuring/tuning equipment over there, that's how Phil found an issue with the driver from one side. I think they will be able to keep the sonics almost exactly the same, and with Phil's high level of quality control, I think if he didn't have the confidence to return a comparable product, he would not have offered to reshell them.

 

Yes, I know it won't be fair to compare the HY3 to the 16s, but I was looking at hybrid monitors for sometime now. I'll probably wait for the hy5 and see how it goes.

post #3206 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

If you managed to get a good fit in the end, perhaps they can make the BA4f based on your final well-fitting shells instead of from impressions, that way they will fit for sure. Not sure if it's possible.

 

 

So they're now doing reshells for other models besides the TF10? That's great. I wonder if they will be able to keep the sonics exactly the same as an original JH16, as a slightly different bore length/diameter can change the sound quite a bit. And he's right, the HY3 are good but there's no way they will be anywhere near as good as the JH16 with only 3 drivers. The future HY5 might come closer but I would expect it to be similar in performance to the UM Merlin.

It's that uncertainty that's stopping me from doing it tbh.  Just don't want to get locked into that loop again particularly as we are now fast approaching the dread "C" word (Ch******s) and all that entails for world shipping :P

 

On the subject of reshelling I do know that they are willing to do a westone 3 as I inquired about that.

post #3207 of 5221
Mine have arrived............but the outcome is not what I ordered.
I'm listening to them now as I type, they sound great, but I asked and paid for a black face plate but i only got smoke.
Fit is good, sound is good but not to my design.
I'll email Phil.
post #3208 of 5221

That's strange to say the least

post #3209 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven1816 View Post

Mine have arrived............but the outcome is not what I ordered.
I'm listening to them now as I type, they sound great, but I asked and paid for a black face plate but i only got smoke.
Fit is good, sound is good but not to my design.
I'll email Phil.

The question is, whether you'd rather have a partial refund, or go back and forth with the cIEMs to alter the looks. 

I would just ask for a partial refund, especially since smoke is really pretty! Unless the black face plate is really important for you.

post #3210 of 5221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven1816 View Post

Mine have arrived............but the outcome is not what I ordered.
I'm listening to them now as I type, they sound great, but I asked and paid for a black face plate but i only got smoke.
Fit is good, sound is good but not to my design.
I'll email Phil.


oh dear...well i agree with marleybob217 when it comes to the design, unless your black plate had some artwork on it

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)