If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 206
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?
HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.
They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.
The new "horned" bores:
Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:
Old vs. new pouch:
Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)
P.s. Mine BA4R should be finished this week:D
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.
I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.
What's this about?
I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
Haha, sorry wrong thread XD
It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.
And that's a pretty daring move!
Oops, you're right, it's not the newest case so they went from nylon to PVC back to nylon.
And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this time
True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :P Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :) How do yours seem now?
Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 42 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2