If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 206
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?
HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.
They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.
The new "horned" bores:
Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:
Old vs. new pouch:
Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)
P.s. Mine BA4R should be finished this week:D
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.
I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.
What's this about?
I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
Haha, sorry wrong thread XD
It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.
And that's a pretty daring move!
Oops, you're right, it's not the newest case so they went from nylon to PVC back to nylon.
And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this time
True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :P Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :) How do yours seem now?
Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAYIN Spark C6 WM8741 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2