If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 206
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?
HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.
They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.
The new "horned" bores:
Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:
Old vs. new pouch:
Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)
P.s. Mine BA4R should be finished this week:D
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.
I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.
What's this about?
I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
Haha, sorry wrong thread XD
It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.
And that's a pretty daring move!
Oops, you're right, it's not the newest case so they went from nylon to PVC back to nylon.
And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this time
True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :P Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :) How do yours seem now?
Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Nagra HD DAC 10 seconds ago
- › IC: NIB Mousai MSD 192 DAC 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Which earbuds should I buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › AK240 Balanced RSA cable 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 6 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Pioneer N-30 Network Streamer - Local (MA/NH) sale 9 minutes ago
- › Dedicated sound card vs Schiits Bifrost 9 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)