If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 206post #3076 of 528210/9/13 at 1:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3077 of 528210/9/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?
HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.post #3078 of 528210/9/13 at 1:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.
They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.
The new "horned" bores:
Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:
Old vs. new pouch:
Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)post #3079 of 528210/10/13 at 12:12ampost #3080 of 528210/10/13 at 1:13amIMO ultrainferno is right. According to the facebook page of CE new cases looks exactly like the ones on the pictures posted by Ultrainferno.
P.s. Mine BA4R should be finished this week:Dpost #3081 of 528210/10/13 at 1:49am
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.
I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.post #3082 of 528210/10/13 at 3:22ampost #3083 of 528210/10/13 at 5:06ampost #3084 of 528210/10/13 at 5:10amQuote:
What's this about?
I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junkpost #3085 of 528210/10/13 at 5:25amQuote:
Haha, sorry wrong thread XD
It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.
And that's a pretty daring move!post #3086 of 528210/10/13 at 7:34amQuote:
Oops, you're right, it's not the newest case so they went from nylon to PVC back to nylon.
And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this timepost #3087 of 528210/10/13 at 9:12amQuote:
True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :P Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :) How do yours seem now?post #3088 of 528210/10/13 at 9:23ampost #3089 of 528210/10/13 at 9:37amQuote:
Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 40 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 6 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 8 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear