If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?
HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.
They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.
The new "horned" bores:
Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:
Old vs. new pouch:
Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)
P.s. Mine BA4R should be finished this week:D
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.
I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.
What's this about?
I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
Haha, sorry wrong thread XD
It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.
And that's a pretty daring move!
Oops, you're right, it's not the newest case so they went from nylon to PVC back to nylon.
And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this time
True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :P Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :) How do yours seem now?
Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › How bright are Grados? 1 minute ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)