Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 205

post #3061 of 4373

Ah, my BA4fs are finished, Phil measured them and they correspond to the reference measurements. So I should be enjoying them at the end of this week, paired with my iBasso DX50!

post #3062 of 4373
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

Frogbeats, really? I thought they were doing well. I guess I've been out of the loop, or I was misled by their more upmarket pricing. As for crashing and burning, it doesn't get better (or worse) than Livewires or Kozee.

My thoughts exactly. They were doing great when I got my C4 a while back. Surely they haven't gone the route of Livewires and Kozee?
post #3063 of 4373

The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

 

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

post #3064 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


My thoughts exactly. They were doing great when I got my C4 a while back. Surely they haven't gone the route of Livewires and Kozee?

 

They scrapped their entire cIEM line! They noticed the quality of their product started to vary. Atleast that was the lastest I read.

post #3065 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

Frogbeats, really? I thought they were doing well. I guess I've been out of the loop, or I was misled by their more upmarket pricing. As for crashing and burning, it doesn't get better (or worse) than Livewires or Kozee.

 

I should have added the cIEM line of frogbeats... And thankfully I've never heard of livewires or kozee.

post #3066 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

 

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

What model did you order? Was it in production?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

They scrapped their entire cIEM line! They noticed the quality of their product started to vary. Atleast that was the lastest I read.

According to their website they're still offering CIEMs, but there's this notice: http://customs.frogbeats.com/an-announcement

post #3067 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

What model did you order? Was it in production?

 

According to their website they're still offering CIEMs, but there's this notice: http://customs.frogbeats.com/an-announcement

 

That sure is something else than what I read on the frogbeats thread. A user received an e-mail from frogbeats stating that they stopped producing any cIEMs. But apparently that is not the case, so moving on :)

 

Anyway, I'm so happy I chose cosmic ears. I didn't have to sell a kidney to afford it, the BA4f sounds like god and the customer service is top notch.

post #3068 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

 

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

 

By the time you get them, they might not even fit anymore!

post #3069 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

 

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

 

I would have got a refund long ago. Presume you paid by credit card? If so, get your credit card supplier to refund you and they can chase Unique Melody for the money.

post #3070 of 4373
I'm still waiting for my pair of 4f don't get me wrong I am more than happy to wait for Phil, he only got my impressions in mid sept.
I just got my w4r on Monday and am just looking forward to comparing them.:-) :-)
post #3071 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven1816 View Post

I'm still waiting for my pair of 4f don't get me wrong I am more than happy to wait for Phil, he only got my impressions in mid sept.
I just got my w4r on Monday and am just looking forward to comparing them.:-) :-)

 

I would like to know how they compare!

post #3072 of 4373

That's only 3 weeks ;-)

post #3073 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post
 

 

I would have got a refund long ago. Presume you paid by credit card? If so, get your credit card supplier to refund you and they can chase Unique Melody for the money.

Through Paypal and it has been more than 45 days.  I'll shortly be looking into any and all legal options.

post #3074 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

Through Paypal and it has been more than 45 days.  I'll shortly be looking into any and all legal options.

 

Oh my, that's awful. How much did you transfer to them anyway? :x

post #3075 of 4373

My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.

 

They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.

 

The new "horned" bores:

 

Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:

 

Old vs. new pouch:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)