Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 199

post #2971 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpolecat View Post

I just got a response in Skype today, My BA4F's should be finished by the end of the week if not the start of next. biggrin.gif
Great! Haven't you been receiving order status updates? Mine is currently: Impressions QA.
post #2972 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post


Great! Haven't you been receiving order status updates? Mine is currently: Impressions QA.

 

Not in a while, mines have been in shell creation for almost two weeks

post #2973 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

As a regular ciem rule, clean the tubes after every time you take them out from your ears.

 

I am using mine SE5way pretty much everyday, and some days I keep them in my ears like 7 8 hours but I have no problem with earwax so far. You just have to clean it every time you use it that's all.

 

Of course, that's what I usually do but I did want to see the impact of the wax on the volume issue.

 

And that how I found out what was the problem. But that very strange, it's only for the voices. I can clearly ear the different instrument but not voice.

 

I think Phil should rebuilt shell for me to solve this issue.

 

 

@Ultrainferno : No, unfortunately no cleaning toll came with the CE CIEM. I use the one I had with my Klipsch or a staple

post #2974 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by neozecat View Post

 

 

@Ultrainferno : No, unfortunately no cleaning toll came with the CE CIEM. I use the one I had with my Klipsch or a staple

Oh, that's a big con if you ask me. Maybe Phil decided to go this way to reduce the cost but a cleaning tool is a must for a ciem honestly.

post #2975 of 4114

Well I don't think it's that a big deal. I used to clean mine with a paperclip :rolleyes:

post #2976 of 4114
I too don't think that lack of the cleaning tool is a big deal. You can buy it on ebay for a few bucks or in our local hearing aid shop. Although I thought that cleaning tool is a standard accessory accompanied with any CIEM.
post #2977 of 4114

It should come with all ciems according to the CE site, maybe it's a small mistake but as said above it's easy to find it locally


Edited by Ultrainferno - 9/24/13 at 7:25am
post #2978 of 4114

 

Mine came with a cleaning tool. I use the Westone one since it has a brush at one end too, the CE one is just a wire loop at one end.


Edited by infam0ussteven - 9/24/13 at 10:06am
post #2979 of 4114

How come you don't have a name and order number? Or did you 'Shop that out?

post #2980 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

How come you don't have a name and order number? Or did you 'Shop that out?

 

Photoshopped it.

post #2981 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post
 

 

Mine came with a cleaning tool. I use the Westone one since it has a brush at one end too, the CE one is just a wire loop at one end.

The cleaning tool looks like the one I got with Spiral Ear SE5 way. I asked Grzegorz (SE's owner) why there is no brush at the other end, he said silicone earpieces don't need it. Wire loop is good enough for cleaning the tubes and when I need to clean the outer surface of ciems, I can use my own fingers with mildly soap and water while paying attention to cable and tube entrances.

 

Then again, acrylic is different, you can use a tool with brush too I guess.

post #2982 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

The cleaning tool looks like the one I got with Spiral Ear SE5 way. I asked Grzegorz (SE's owner) why there is no brush at the other end, he said silicone earpieces don't need it. Wire loop is good enough for cleaning the tubes and when I need to clean the outer surface of ciems, I can use my own fingers with mildly soap and water while paying attention to cable and tube entrances.

 

Then again, acrylic is different, you can use a tool with brush too I guess.

I've actually never found myself using the brush, I just use that one since it is already in my jar of IEMs with moisture pod.

post #2983 of 4114

I find myself having nightmares about the BA4fs. Tonight I had two bad scenarios, in the first the package got sent back to my home address, because they couldn't find the address in Zweden.

In the second, they didn't take off just 1 mm of the ear canal piece, but the entire piece! 

After hearing the BA4f properly, I got giddy again. I actually preferred their sound signature to every headphone I have ever owned. They are very even sounding. 

I don't think I'll ever go back to full sized open headphones. I find you get so much detail when combining good resolving drivers with good isolation.

post #2984 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
I actually preferred their sound signature to every headphone I have ever owned. They are very even sounding. 

I don't think I'll ever go back to full sized open headphones. I find you get so much detail when combining good resolving drivers with good isolation.

I feel the same. I'm so spoiled by them now, I used to love my m-audio AV40s the most but now they're in second place behind the BA4Fs. I actually had a bit of discomfort in the helix area, it was causing pain and I just wet sanded it a tiny bit with 2000 grit sand paper yesterday and then polished them and they are so comfortable now.


Edited by infam0ussteven - 9/25/13 at 9:03am
post #2985 of 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post
 

I feel the same. I'm so spoiled by them now, I used to love my m-audio AV40s the most but now they're in second place behind the BA4Fs. I actually had a bit of discomfort in the helix area, it was causing pain and I just wet sanded it a tiny bit with 2000 grit sand paper yesterday and then polished them and they are so comfortable now.

I applaud this! It will probably void the warranty though. But these tiny adjustments aren't worth sending them halfway around the world imo.

How did you polish the acrylic?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)