Davidcotton, did you get smaller bore sizes in your models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 198post #2956 of 52829/21/13 at 9:35am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2957 of 52829/21/13 at 10:22amQuote:
I had a tf10 reshell and a micro ma 1 done. Both had the normal size bores as far as I know. I enquired about my ear size and phil replied that they were not small but awkward (go figure!). I've been thinking recently about going with a pure (the dynamic they did)and my original shells before alteration as I am sure that 90% of my issues were down to how I was inserting them. Thinking of doing that more to prove/disprove that theory more than anything else! The other thing is that according to Phil my shells have plenty of space for the ba4. Don't really want to get in to the returns/refits thing again though tbh!post #2958 of 52829/21/13 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by davidcotton
I had a tf10 reshell and a micro ma 1 done. Both had the normal size bores as far as I know. I enquired about my ear size and phil replied that they were not small but awkward (go figure!). I've been thinking recently about going with a pure (the dynamic they did)and my original shells before alteration as I am sure that 90% of my issues were down to how I was inserting them. Thinking of doing that more to prove/disprove that theory more than anything else! The other thing is that according to Phil my shells have plenty of space for the ba4. Don't really want to get in to the returns/refits thing again though tbh!
I have to say, the SQ of the BA4(f) is really, really good. Good thing your tf10 reshells have the normal bore size, they certainly do not need more bass!How exactly did you insert them, and what kind of problems did it give? I believe you have told me before, but I forgot!post #2959 of 52829/22/13 at 2:20am
I felt at the time that they wern't sealing properly. The left whether it be a universal or custom always sealed first time and felt it. I was trying to get that same feeling in the right that I did on the left but to no avail it seems. If you check back a few pages you'll see a top down shot of my micros that illustrate better the difference in size between my left and right. As for inserting I just used the video that's on youtube and rotate them back in. The other thing is that my right shell seems more "upright" than the left did so I could actually insert them two ways! First was with the shell at the normal upright position and the canal part sticking upwards. The second was with the canal part level but that meant the shell part was more sloped over, but both seemed to work! The other thing that was odd was that my impressions were fine when i had them back!
Edit to say I'm half wondering if there's something up with the left monitor then, as the tf10 doesn't seem to have that much bass to me. Done the seal test and there's bass there so I'm getting a seal, but just seems to be a bit weak.
Edited by davidcotton - 9/22/13 at 2:22ampost #2960 of 52829/22/13 at 11:30ampost #2961 of 52829/23/13 at 1:22pmpost #2962 of 52829/23/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
HY3 would be an upgrade in overall sound quality, but they also have much less treble than TF10. I believe stepping up to the BA4F would get you more treble, but I haven't heard it so I can't say for sure.post #2963 of 52829/23/13 at 2:14pmI think I finally found why the sound is louder on the right.
The two holes on the left side are not in the correct axis compare to the right.
So on the left, it touch the skin in my ear and low don the volume.
I'll contact Phil.post #2964 of 52829/23/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
Does the sound change when you move the shell around in your ear?
My HY3s arrived back at CE today and changes will be made tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it will turn out well!post #2965 of 52829/23/13 at 10:18pmpost #2966 of 52829/24/13 at 12:14amQuote:
As a regular ciem rule, clean the tubes after every time you take them out from your ears.
I am using mine SE5way pretty much everyday, and some days I keep them in my ears like 7 8 hours but I have no problem with earwax so far. You just have to clean it every time you use it that's all.post #2967 of 52829/24/13 at 12:35am
Has anybody else had trouble getting in contact with Cosmic Ears? I've never had a response through email but Skype had always be fine, I've tried a few times a day for 3 days now and had nothing at all, I paid for my CIEMS a while back and was just asking them for an update. I don't mind waiting but I like to know where I stand.post #2968 of 52829/24/13 at 12:36ampost #2969 of 52829/24/13 at 1:36amQuote:Originally Posted by daftpolecat
Has anybody else had trouble getting in contact with Cosmic Ears? I've never had a response through email but Skype had always be fine, I've tried a few times a day for 3 days now and had nothing at all, I paid for my CIEMS a while back and was just asking them for an update. I don't mind waiting but I like to know where I stand.
Nope. Phil usually answers to my emails within few hours. Maybe your emails land in spam?post #2970 of 52829/24/13 at 1:52amQuote:
I just got a response in Skype today, My BA4F's should be finished by the end of the week if not the start of next. :DReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 21 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T20RP drivers not matching - Left stronger than the right in the... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear