Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 194

post #2896 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Yep, I always respect your opinion about audio ;)

 

Thanks man!

 

Unfortunately I won't be able post a comparison of the demo models. Another user (damn his soul) hasn't returned the demo models in time, so Phil actually had to make new demo models. These will go my way tomorrow. So it will probably be around another week before the comparison will be up.

 

Not to sound bitter, but it has been so long, that I simply don't care that much anymore :p

I guess that's just a risk everyone has to be wiling to take when ordering cIEMs.

post #2897 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

 

Thanks man!

 

Unfortunately I won't be able post a comparison of the demo models. Another user (damn his soul) hasn't returned the demo models in time, so Phil actually had to make new demo models. These will go my way tomorrow. So it will probably be around another week before the comparison will be up.

 

Not to sound bitter, but it has been so long, that I simply don't care that much anymore :p

I guess that's just a risk everyone has to be wiling to take when ordering cIEMs.

At the beginning I was quite disturbed about my ciems fit too, only the left ear though, I am sure you can remember it. With time, the magic happened, I got used to it and now they are comfortable. Isolation is top notch as well as SQ too. So short story, it can happen to anyone who is into ciems, but one way or another it can be always fixed (I mean both sound and fit problems).

 

Good thing is Phil is always trying to help so I don't think at the end you will be disappointed.

post #2898 of 4463

I will obviously try to make a comparison of the BA4F with TF10, I just need to find time to take them to get re glued.

I'm hating listening to my SF3's, they lack so much detail.

post #2899 of 4463

Cosmic ears or 1964 ears? These are the two CIEM companies i am interested in supporting, noting the BA4F or the 1964 V3/Quads. I am not sure which one to choose as both r quite similar in terms of price range. I am also unsure of which signature i favour more, as i love the midsl and the pure awesome rock sounds coming out from my SR325I, but i also love the detail from my etymotic HF5. Not a basshead, but like most, i do like its presence in music. Hopefully it can be as impactful as my SR325I, but as tight as my HF5 as well.Hard choices to make haha : D I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help ^^

post #2900 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore View Post
 

Cosmic ears or 1964 ears? These are the two CIEM companies i am interested in supporting, noting the BA4F or the 1964 V3/Quads. I am not sure which one to choose as both r quite similar in terms of price range. I am also unsure of which signature i favour more, as i love the midsl and the pure awesome rock sounds coming out from my SR325I, but i also love the detail from my etymotic HF5. Not a basshead, but like most, i do like its presence in music. Hopefully it can be as impactful as my SR325I, but as tight as my HF5 as well.Hard choices to make haha : D I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help ^^

 

Well the V3 has been tested a lot. It depends on where you live I guess, 1964 ears are us based right? 
Sound quality wise, the V3 is on of the best cIEMs ever, according to a couple of serious reviewers (ljokerl). 

If you want to be safe, get the V3. If you want to try something new, and support an awesome company, get the BA4(R).

Although, I just checked joker's review table, and saw the shure SE535's sound got rated at a 9. Now I've heard it, and I definitely think the BA4 is technically better.

The Reference model is supposed to sound very neutral, with no warmth/bass boost, and the Fun model has a bit of a warmer signature. While the V3 is supposed to sound just a tad warm. So yeah, whatever you signature sounds better to you!

post #2901 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore View Post
 

Cosmic ears or 1964 ears? These are the two CIEM companies i am interested in supporting, noting the BA4F or the 1964 V3/Quads. I am not sure which one to choose as both r quite similar in terms of price range. I am also unsure of which signature i favour more, as i love the midsl and the pure awesome rock sounds coming out from my SR325I, but i also love the detail from my etymotic HF5. Not a basshead, but like most, i do like its presence in music. Hopefully it can be as impactful as my SR325I, but as tight as my HF5 as well.Hard choices to make haha : D I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help ^^

 

I can't comment on much, but I was in the exact same spot as you about 2 weeks ago. I chose 1964 ears. The biggest factor was the time. I live in California and Oregon is very close. The combined build and shipping time for the whole process really pushed me towards a more local seller. 

 

1964 just happened to offer a great labor day sale, and that was a huge incentive. 

 

I talked to a few members that had CIEMS from both and determined that both are very good companies. Based on what they have said and the many other reviewers, I don't think you could go wrong with either. 

 

It does seem like you have a particular sound signature that you are after so it's probably important to focus on which CIEM would offer the closest to one that will meet your needs. 

post #2902 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore View Post
 

Cosmic ears or 1964 ears? These are the two CIEM companies i am interested in supporting, noting the BA4F or the 1964 V3/Quads. I am not sure which one to choose as both r quite similar in terms of price range. I am also unsure of which signature i favour more, as i love the midsl and the pure awesome rock sounds coming out from my SR325I, but i also love the detail from my etymotic HF5. Not a basshead, but like most, i do like its presence in music. Hopefully it can be as impactful as my SR325I, but as tight as my HF5 as well.Hard choices to make haha : D I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help ^^

As others have said, a lot of it will determine where you are in the world.  However both companies do now offer demo models (though there's a bit of a wait for CE's apparantly) so that may help.   I went in the end with CE for obvious reasons but have been very tempted by 1964 ears in the past.  Which ever company you decide to go with it seems you can't go far wrong with either.

 

Maybe email them both to see what models will suit you best?

post #2903 of 4463

According to the facebook page CE hope to send the demo models on a tour at the start of 2014!

post #2904 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post
 

According to the facebook page CE hope to send the demo models on a tour at the start of 2014!

I wonder what the requirements are since they said that they have strict guidelines for participants.

 

Another unlucky day for me, BA4Fs were supposed to come today but it arrived at my post office too late for today's deliveries and I have to wait another day. Always happens when I am waiting for something I've been anticipating for a long time. :(

post #2905 of 4463

It should be there tomorrow

post #2906 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post
 

I wonder what the requirements are since they said that they have strict guidelines for participants.

 

Another unlucky day for me, BA4Fs were supposed to come today but it arrived at my post office too late for today's deliveries and I have to wait another day. Always happens when I am waiting for something I've been anticipating for a long time. :(

 

Im excited for you... I cant wait to hear how you like them

 
For me, Im still waiting for access to the store to purchase the BA4F!  I've never worked so hard to spend $500+ =)
post #2907 of 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlast33 View Post
 

 

Im excited for you... I cant wait to hear how you like them

 
For me, Im still waiting for access to the store to purchase the BA4F!  I've never worked so hard to spend $500+ =)

I take it that you sent off your impressions already?

 

I'll definitely try to write something about the BA4F but I'm terrible at explaining sound signatures.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neozecat View Post
 

It should be there tomorrow

Yup! Almost in my possession. :)


Edited by infam0ussteven - 9/16/13 at 8:00pm
post #2908 of 4463

Yup... sent impressions early last week... not sure if they arrived at cosmic ears yet though.

post #2909 of 4463

Thank you all so much for your help : D will ponder over your replies to decide where my first pair of customs will be from. Haha i live in Singapore, abit faraways from both companies so yeah i will have to take that into account. Thanks again for your help !

post #2910 of 4463
I'll need to send back my BA4F to Phil. I've an issue with the left one. The right is louder. When you listen to music or watch movie, it's a mono sound with all voices on the right. If think at least one on the driver is not working. It's like there is no treble.

I sent an email to Phil. I'm waiting for his answer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)