- 262 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: CA, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 186post #2776 of 52829/4/13 at 10:12amQuote:Oddly I just received an email this morning indicating he received my impressions. Which is hreat but frankly I thought it would have taken longer not just 6 days. Sorry to hear yours taking so long. I'm excited that as soon as he recieves payment for pre-fit Phil will be sending me the shells to try out.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2777 of 52829/4/13 at 10:21ampost #2778 of 52829/4/13 at 10:23amQuote:
You just reminded me that I've waited almost a year to finally order BA4s. I think they were announced back in October or November 2012.post #2779 of 52829/4/13 at 2:23pmpost #2780 of 52829/4/13 at 5:03pmQuote:Me its been more or less loke 4 or 5 months. Well since I came in contact with CE not since I sent impressions thats only been a week.
Edited by fabian005 - 9/4/13 at 5:06pmpost #2781 of 52829/4/13 at 10:58pmpost #2782 of 52829/5/13 at 12:56am
I might need to get another set if impressions taken and try that, the woman didn't give me any options but airmail so I used that and for Sweden it should be 3-5 days, its been 10 and they're waiting on my impressions to start making my CIEMSpost #2783 of 52829/5/13 at 1:02am
Sent my impression 2 weeks ago and now it's in 'impression detailing' status.
It just took 2 days for them to do a quality assurance on the ear impression before moving into 'impression detailing'.
I'd say they (Cosmic Ears) do things rather quick, that of course without the prefit service.post #2784 of 52829/5/13 at 3:11ampost #2785 of 52829/5/13 at 5:02am
I made a thread regarding entering the custom IEMs market after having terrible experiences with earbuds, etc. I had so many issues that I entirely gave up on anything but headphones, but recently I wanted to try some custom IEMs to get around my previous issues.
I got pointed to Cosmic Ears and found this thread, the customer service, comfort and quality really do shine through the posts - I skimmed the entire 186 pages last night, while listening to some NIN.
So I'm (pretty much) settled on the BA4f with the pre-fit service for peace of mind.
Now I need to book the audiologist fitting and decide on the customisations (logo, colour, recessed connectors, etc).
From a prospective buyers point of view the only negative thing I can say regarding Cosmic Ears is the limited photos of their work available on the site. Viewing the thread demonstrated a lot of creative and highly polished products that should be displayed.post #2786 of 52829/5/13 at 5:05amQuote:
I agree with you. Their page has some cons and mainly lacks pictures how the shell colours look like (I know that there are some pictures of their facebook page).post #2787 of 52829/5/13 at 7:52amThey're here!!! Finally!
Build is decent enough - mostly smooth with very few imperfections. Shells are emptier than I expected, but maybe my ears are just on the bigger side. Cable is a lot more flexible than I expected.
They fit fine, no discomfort at all, but unfortunately I need to push them inwards to get a good seal. When I release my fingers I can tell that the seal isn't perfect because of the changes in sound. Any ideas? Will my ears adjust to them, or do they need adjusting?post #2788 of 52829/5/13 at 8:02ampost #2789 of 52829/5/13 at 8:32amQuote:
That really is nice! So, how do you like the sound? :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 10 seconds ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › Taction Technology KANNON Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 3 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear