- 4,219 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: United Kingdom.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 165post #2461 of 52948/2/13 at 9:30amSo wjhat you lot really want is an updated version of shure's push to hear system?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2462 of 52948/2/13 at 11:17amQuote:
Can you explain in more detail what this system consists of? Or how it works?post #2463 of 52948/2/13 at 11:25ampost #2464 of 52948/2/13 at 11:52ampost #2465 of 52948/2/13 at 2:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
My main source is an iPhone so just a normal remote/mic would be more than sufficient to pause the music temporarily (see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/476016/iphone-cable-with-mic-for-ue-or-jh-iems). However, given the level of isolation in CIEMs you still might not be able to have a conversation with someone without removing them from your ears.
I'm not using it with any idevice, unless they'll start accepting flac soon. And you are right, but combining the faint noises with some lipreading I'll probably have a basic idea what the person is trying to say :ppost #2466 of 52948/2/13 at 2:25pmpost #2467 of 52948/2/13 at 4:21pmpost #2468 of 52948/2/13 at 7:09pmpost #2469 of 52948/2/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
On iPhone and iPod Touch you can install third party apps that support FLAC. The downside is that those apps aren't as well integrated into iOS, so 1) if you shut down the app, or it needs to shut down to clear up RAM for other apps, you lose your place in the music and have to browse to find what you were listening to, and 2) if the app is not open and you press the play button on your remote, the stock app starts playing, not your chosen app.Quote:
I don't see why it should. The mic/remote has its own wire (the 4th contact in a 3.5mm plug) so it shouldn't affect anything when the buttons aren't being pressed.post #2470 of 52948/3/13 at 1:33amQuote:That's exactly it!
For me anyway.
It would be so useful in so many mobile situations that I'd pay quite a premium to be able to do this.
The fact that the Shure PTH works with any device makes it especially desirable, it's a shame it's no longer available :-(post #2471 of 52948/3/13 at 3:41am
Does anyone knows when is the CE skype open anyway?
Does it have operating hours?
And do you skype msg or do you skype call them?
EDIT: Never mind. He replied me through msg. I just sent a msg expecting no reply though.
Edited by yxpoh - 8/3/13 at 4:06ampost #2472 of 52948/3/13 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
On iPhone and iPod Touch you can install third party apps that support FLAC. The downside is that those apps aren't as well integrated into iOS, so 1) if you shut down the app, or it needs to shut down to clear up RAM for other apps, you lose your place in the music and have to browse to find what you were listening to, and 2) if the app is not open and you press the play button on your remote, the stock app starts playing, not your chosen app.
Yeah that's way too much hassle for me! That is why I just bought the sansa clip zip, I also have hisoundaudio player that does flac well.
EDIT: I'm not a flac snob, I just have a lot of flac in my music library. Ripping bought albums in mp3 just feels wrong!
Edited by Marleybob217 - 8/3/13 at 6:32ampost #2473 of 52948/3/13 at 9:22amQuote:
Personally I love FLAC its a vast difference from 320 and I agree its sad when you buy a cd and it gets downgraded. Does anyone know a music converter program much like dbpoweramp that is free if not I might just buy itpost #2474 of 52948/3/13 at 11:28amQuote:
What do you want to convert into what?
Btw there really is no vast difference between flac and 320 kbps, considering the 320 kbps hasn't been tempered with otherwise (gain for instance). Just try a blind test, there is a thread somewhere on head-fi supporting this test. I couldn't even make out the difference between the lower rate mp3s and flac. Disclaimer: the music was some sort of simple dance music. Very simple music is much easier to compress, take any rock song in 128kbps and it sounds like utter junk.
But still there might be a tiny tiny audible difference, that is why I personally still use it :ppost #2475 of 52948/3/13 at 12:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 46 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Apple cck not as good as USB? 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear