- 2,160 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
DisclaimerThis sample was sent to me for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions and observations here are my own based on my experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 152post #2266 of 52946/25/13 at 2:07pmIt sounded to me like Phil was going to use his break to catch up on making sets people ordered a long time ago. Poor guy, swamped all the time now...
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2267 of 52946/25/13 at 2:47pmpost #2268 of 52946/26/13 at 10:56amQuote:
Being swamped is literally the best thing ever for a starting company!post #2269 of 52946/26/13 at 11:19amQuote:
Unless they can't cope, get a bad name and then people drift away. Take a look at Kozee and the inearcustom thread atm! Thankfully Phil seems to be on top of the situation!
Cheerspost #2270 of 52946/26/13 at 11:44amQuote:
Yeah, that's never good. If it ever get's that crazy they should expand and hire more people :D
Btw, does anybody know how the color 'smoke' looks?post #2271 of 52946/26/13 at 11:50amQuote:
Did you check their FB page? If I am not mistaking there are some photos and you can see the smoke too. Phil brought some faceplates which makes me drooooool, take a look at thempost #2272 of 52946/26/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
They have a picture with the description 'BA4 - smoke with steampunk faceplate'. Should've checked their page first :p but
Yeah smoke looks really cool, I think I'll order it in that color.post #2273 of 52946/26/13 at 1:33pm
Well touch wood my issues now seemed to be getting better by the day as I practice with the fit. I was able to shave a little bit of the side plug end of the cable at the ear part (where it plugs into the iem itself) and that helped as that was pressing against my right ear as well. I was always a little suspicious as to why the iems felt comfortable without the cables in! The only worry I have now is one of long term comfort. As I plan to use these for most of the day at work, they do need to be comfortable for long periods (I'm talking 2 hour periods here, without a break). If that's ok then I'm sorted :)
It's true what they say once you've tried customs. It'll be very hard to go back to universals if the fit is as sorted as it seems to be :)
Edited by davidcotton - 6/26/13 at 1:34pmpost #2274 of 52946/27/13 at 7:14ampost #2275 of 52946/27/13 at 7:45ampost #2276 of 52946/27/13 at 9:33ampost #2277 of 52946/27/13 at 9:40am
I don't really get why the prefits are necessary. If the CIEM fits in the ear mold, will it not, per definition be comfortable? Since it's a replicate of the inside of your ear? :x
Edited by Marleybob217 - 6/27/13 at 9:54ampost #2278 of 52946/27/13 at 9:53amYou would think that but that's very often not the case. I took the pre fir service and am glad I did.
Don't forget the offices will be closed for 3 weeks in july kidspost #2279 of 52946/27/13 at 9:56amQuote:
I always thought the mold would be perfect.
Sounds like I'm not going to get my BA4s before the end of august then :(post #2280 of 52946/27/13 at 10:03amIf the workmanship is good, the shells should be perfect replicas of your impressions (with a tiny bit of added thickness from a hot wax dip). However, your impressions may not ncessarily be perfect impressions of your ears, hence all the problems with DIY kits and bad audiologists.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 31 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 55 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Stax Sr-Sigma spares 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear