or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 129

post #1921 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Oh mate, I am not a Belgian. I am a master student in here at VUB and already tasted your waffles, fries, beers and darn good chocolates. They all have a nice feedback to my belly though beerchug.gif

Aah yes the waffles!

post #1922 of 5230

I'm testing a Unique Melody Miracle at the moment and I really like the soundsignature, I know it's not a fair comparison, prizewise, but can anyone compare these with the BA4's? If the diferences are acceptable I'd be happy to order the BA4's.

Thanks!

post #1923 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachicamo View Post

I'm testing a Unique Melody Miracle at the moment and I really like the soundsignature, I know it's not a fair comparison, prizewise, but can anyone compare these with the BA4's? If the diferences are acceptable I'd be happy to order the BA4's.

Thanks!

I believe you actually need UM Aero's to compare them. Miracle has slightly colored sound signature, kind of fun sounding. BA4 is indeed a monitor with rather flattish sound signature. From UM line up, Aeros can give you this sound signature, which I heard they are going to be discontinued soon.

post #1924 of 5230

Any sign of your full review of the BA4's yet, Project86? 

 

Looking forward to reading it.

post #1925 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Any sign of your full review of the BA4's yet, Project86? 

 

Looking forward to reading it.

He recently said that, he was quite busy with several projects if I am not mistaking. That said, he also mentioned he will do a full review of them. So we are patiently waiting smily_headphones1.gif

post #1926 of 5230

Well off my tf10's go for a reshell.  Hoping this time for a fairly painless process (I know I've said it before!).  This time my shells need just a slight adjustment for comfort on the right and then we should be there.  I'm an impatient git so I've selected rush as well.

 

Cheers

post #1927 of 5230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

He recently said that, he was quite busy with several projects if I am not mistaking. That said, he also mentioned he will do a full review of them. So we are patiently waiting smily_headphones1.gif

 

Apologies for the delay. The review is part of a larger project and will be up later this week at InnerFidelity. Once it's done I'll be able to answer more questions if the review didn't make it clear enough for you. 

post #1928 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

Apologies for the delay. The review is part of a larger project and will be up later this week at InnerFidelity. Once it's done I'll be able to answer more questions if the review didn't make it clear enough for you. 

Hey mate, there is nothing to apologize. You do a great job and I, myself enjoy your reviews as hell. Nobody is expecting you to bring reviews as lightspeed. You have a life too after all. I am not making any word game or something, since English is not my native language I am not able to do so, but you are one of the best reviewers I have seen. Just do what you think is the best, we are happy to learn your opinions and thoughts always.

 

Cheers! beerchug.gif

post #1929 of 5230
Thread Starter 

My review of the BA4 is up HERE, which covers many other custom IEMs as well. I'm not sure it came out quite as clear as I wanted in terms of my feelings for the BA4  - there's a word count limit,  and I likely went over my allotted amount anyway. 

 

So to clarify - the BA4 (along with the UM Merlin) didn't receive our general "Stuff We Like" recommendations. Not because I dislike the Merlin or BA4, but rather because they are somewhat more specific in their application. Neither is really a general use type of IEM where you could be safe recommending it to most people for most music. To be fair though, for people who like their respective sound signatures, the Merlin and especially the BA4 are actually better than some of the more universal recommendations. In fact for some people the BA4 might be the choice of that whole collection. And don't forget it costs roughly half compared to most others. 

 

I do really enjoy classical on the BA4. Been listening to a lot of solo piano stuff, and Yo Yo Ma, and Vivaldi, etc and the BA4 is super impressive when used with a good source/amp. My Sansa Fuze just makes it seem meh but the iHiFi960 brings it to a whole other level. 

 

I don't want anyone to walk away from that InnerFidelity article thinking the BA4 is not a worthy choice. It absolutely is, as long as the context is considered. I imagine the upcoming BA5 or BA6 would have been more competitive in terms of being similar in character to some of the others. 

post #1930 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

My review of the BA4 is up HERE, which covers many other custom IEMs as well. I'm not sure it came out quite as clear as I wanted in terms of my feelings for the BA4  - there's a word count limit,  and I likely went over my allotted amount anyway. 

 

So to clarify - the BA4 (along with the UM Merlin) didn't receive our general "Stuff We Like" recommendations. Not because I dislike the Merlin or BA4, but rather because they are somewhat more specific in their application. Neither is really a general use type of IEM where you could be safe recommending it to most people for most music. To be fair though, for people who like their respective sound signatures, the Merlin and especially the BA4 are actually better than some of the more universal recommendations. In fact for some people the BA4 might be the choice of that whole collection. And don't forget it costs roughly half compared to most others. 

 

I do really enjoy classical on the BA4. Been listening to a lot of solo piano stuff, and Yo Yo Ma, and Vivaldi, etc and the BA4 is super impressive when used with a good source/amp. My Sansa Fuze just makes it seem meh but the iHiFi960 brings it to a whole other level. 

 

I don't want anyone to walk away from that InnerFidelity article thinking the BA4 is not a worthy choice. It absolutely is, as long as the context is considered. I imagine the upcoming BA5 or BA6 would have been more competitive in terms of being similar in character to some of the others. 

Wow, most valuable article I've ever read during my audiophile hobby. It's so rare to see good comparisons between cIEMs.

post #1931 of 5230

Project86, you made some comparisons with the BA4 to the etymotics. Does the BA4 have a boosted upper mid/lower treble as well?

post #1932 of 5230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Project86, you made some comparisons with the BA4 to the etymotics. Does the BA4 have a boosted upper mid/lower treble as well?

 

I'd say it's somewhat less boosted than either the Ety or the Heir Tzar 350. But not by a huge amount. It's roughly similar in style to those models, with the main emphasis around the 3kHz range and then another small peak higher up than that. It does come across as flat most of the time though. 

post #1933 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

I'd say it's somewhat less boosted than either the Ety or the Heir Tzar 350. But not by a huge amount. It's roughly similar in style to those models, with the main emphasis around the 3kHz range and then another small peak higher up than that. It does come across as flat most of the time though. 

How would you compare Tzar350 and BA4, since I am realy interested in Tzar 350, this is quite exciting.

 

Btw, finally I finished the whole article. It is unbelivable man, very very nice job done you guys over there. So much respect.

 

I was also hoping to see more from Spiral Ear, somehow this company and their silicone ciems are too darn attractive to me. They have 1-way model, similar to Ety Er4's, single BA with clean analytical sound. Probably soon or later I am gonna try them out.

post #1934 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post  I was also hoping to see more from Spiral Ear, somehow this company and their silicone ciems are too darn attractive to me. They have 1-way model, similar to Ety Er4's, single BA with clean analytical sound. Probably soon or later I am gonna try them out.

 

I'd also been interested in the 1-Way Pro; I e-mailed Gregorz to ask about them, and he lightly compared them against the ACS T3, but strangely he only replied to me once and didn't reply to any of my follow-up e-mails, which I found very strange. Anyways, there's going to be a new kid on the block (for silicone) very soon (in these next few weeks), so watch out for that! wink.gif

post #1935 of 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

I'd also been interested in the 1-Way Pro; I e-mailed Gregorz to ask about them, and he lightly compared them against the ACS T3, but strangely he only replied to me once and didn't reply to any of my follow-up e-mails, which I found very strange. Anyways, there's going to be a new kid on the block (for silicone) very soon (in these next few weeks), so watch out for that! wink.gif

I am always interested in new silicone ciems, they have so many advantages over acrylic and the only advantage of acrylic is customization, which I actually don't care about. I am gonna put these things on to listen to music while isolated from my environment not to look nice nor cool smily_headphones1.gif

 

I am even thinking getting Tzar 350 and silicone custom sleeve from SE smily_headphones1.gif Crazy music lover is crazy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)