It's very debatable. Nobody really know and alot of sound changes happens in your brains. Just try to test it with EQ, tune your headphones a way you like and switch back after a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 127post #1891 of 52834/22/13 at 8:01am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1892 of 52834/22/13 at 8:55am
It depends. Almost all dynamic drivers change dramatically in sound during the first 30 minutes of burn in. While undoubtedly any mechanism changes with use over time, whether you actually hear any perceptible differences beyond the first few hours depends on how "audiophile" your ears are, you getting used to the sound psychologically, and the nature of the drivers themselves. Some headphones change a lot more with burn in while others don't seem to change at all. Balanced armature drivers generally speaking don't need as much burn in as dynamics, if at all.post #1893 of 52834/22/13 at 8:58ampost #1894 of 52834/22/13 at 9:26am
Does anyone have the address for Cosmic Ears? I've got some shells to send back but lost the address sticker that came with them. Haven't heard back from Phil and want to get them back asap so I can finally listen to some music again.
Thankspost #1895 of 52834/22/13 at 9:29ampost #1896 of 52834/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:
Attn: Philip Gartell
Swedenpost #1897 of 52834/22/13 at 9:39ampost #1898 of 52834/22/13 at 5:16pm
Hey guys. I have been looking at the website and trying to purchase a pair but it doesn't seem to let me. Are they just not selling any ciems right now or am I just doing something wrong. I always get to this product required page. Please give me some advice. I tried emailing them, but not response.post #1899 of 52834/22/13 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dkim87
Hey guys. I have been looking at the website and trying to purchase a pair but it doesn't seem to let me. Are they just not selling any ciems right now or am I just doing something wrong. I always get to this product required page. Please give me some advice. I tried emailing them, but not response.
It's because they're out of cables and monitors for the moment so they don't take any orders right now. The new cables and monitors should arrive in early may according to Phil. There's a queue system so sign up and request a purchase on the modell you want and they'll let you know when they got things in stock again.post #1900 of 52834/23/13 at 7:07am
Somebody here said that Phil was out of the country so that may be why he's not responding to emails. I haven't heard back from him either.
This wait is killing me, especially knowing that my shells are made and ready, yet no cables.
And by the way, the extra-bass BA2 experiment didn't go well (he couldn't get the bass impact from the driver), so don't ask for onepost #1901 of 52834/23/13 at 7:12ampost #1902 of 52834/23/13 at 11:58amQuote:
Yeah, I talked to Phil today too. Did you get any dates about the BA4?post #1903 of 52834/23/13 at 12:23pmpost #1904 of 52834/23/13 at 12:27pmpost #1905 of 52834/23/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
Dude, probably he is overwhelmed by the emails he received. I say, don't worry. At the end you and your ears will be happy.
Cheer up and open a beer, preferably a Belgian oneReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX impression thread!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 7 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 8 minutes ago
- › Ergonomic perfection? Yes, at a price. The Linum "Super Balanced"... 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear