Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 110

post #1636 of 4254

Wow so much cheaper than the other customs.  

post #1637 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

http://www.cosmicears.com/pre-fit-service/

 

Phil is offering this to me, as my impressions were not perfect. It is a brilliant service so you can get a perfect fit before investing fully. I think more companies should offer this, as it is a lot easier than a full reshell.

Hi

 

If you either page back a couple of pages or look on the ce site you'll see a photo that I uploaded of the prefit service.

 

Cheers

post #1638 of 4254

And now will offer BA6, wow this men is doing it very well, I would buy a pair of BA5 and maybe a BA6 this year and I think that will be cheaper the two than my JH13 FP or my TF18

post #1639 of 4254

Wow I'm interested in it.Can some one give me some first impression of BA4 and BA5.
thanks
 

post #1640 of 4254

as they are not yet released and no one has one outside Cosmic Ears that will be a little bit hard ;)

post #1641 of 4254

The wait's killing me this time round for the shells to get back.  I'm convinced that a) the ma shell will fit right off the bat and b)that we've solved the fit issue.

 

Cheers

post #1642 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

The wait's killing me this time round for the shells to get back.  I'm convinced that a) the ma shell will fit right off the bat and b)that we've solved the fit issue.

Cheers



Didn't you say that last time?
post #1643 of 4254

Well not the ma's but yes.  This time though I really do think that what I identified is the problem.  We've tried length and thickness and they haven't worked, so this is the only other thing left to try.  Couple of things point to it as well.  Such as being able to insert it two ways when most people are only able to do it the one way.  If I do it the second way then the top part of the shell doesn't make contact with my ear totally and so on.  This is why I'm confident that the ma's will fit as they do not have anything to do with that area.

 

Cheers

post #1644 of 4254
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post

I've looked around, but I remember reading something about how some of these DIY kits might use materials not safe for ears. If you have any that you've used in the past and can recommend, would you mind sending me a PM? Thank you.

I'm on an iPad right now so no link, but google "earplug superstore" and you should see it. That's the one I've used many times. Buy the slightly more expensive version which comes with more impression material, in case you mess up.
post #1645 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


I'm on an iPad right now so no link, but google "earplug superstore" and you should see it. That's the one I've used many times. Buy the slightly more expensive version which comes with more impression material, in case you mess up.


Oh, that's the one I usually see when I google ear impression kits. Thanks!

post #1646 of 4254
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post


Oh, that's the one I usually see when I google ear impression kits. Thanks!

 

No problem. It's a nice kit - I later went on to use the Westone silicone singles because they are cheaper, and I've heard from Phil and some others that the Westone material is not as good. I still got good results from it, but maybe that was luck. 

post #1647 of 4254

Hi


Well surprise surprise they turned up today.


First the micro shells, and boy are they SMALL.  They fit right first time.  Maybe a touch of thickening here and there, but on the whole fit comfortably.

 

Now on to the main shells.  Certainly an improvement.  My main concern is that the set I had altered was the maximum length one.  Now it fits I'm just a little concerned about the long term comfort.  However it's a lot better than it was and I could live with this.

 

So at last positive news and a big thumbs up to CE.

 

My thinking at this stage is ma2 and ba4 but we shall see.

 

Cheers

post #1648 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

No problem. It's a nice kit - I later went on to use the Westone silicone singles because they are cheaper, and I've heard from Phil and some others that the Westone material is not as good. I still got good results from it, but maybe that was luck. 


I was considering the Westone singles too because it was cheaper but now that you've said that, I might just go with the ear plug store kit. I think my first impressions done at an audiologist were Westone singles since they were pink.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Hi


Well surprise surprise they turned up today.


First the micro shells, and boy are they SMALL.  They fit right first time.  Maybe a touch of thickening here and there, but on the whole fit comfortably.

 

Now on to the main shells.  Certainly an improvement.  My main concern is that the set I had altered was the maximum length one.  Now it fits I'm just a little concerned about the long term comfort.  However it's a lot better than it was and I could live with this.

 

So at last positive news and a big thumbs up to CE.

 

My thinking at this stage is ma2 and ba4 but we shall see.

 

Cheers

Glad that it seems like you finally have monitors that fit after such a long journey.


Edited by infam0ussteven - 3/14/13 at 12:47pm
post #1649 of 4254
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven View Post


I was considering the Westone singles too because it was cheaper but now that you've said that, I might just go with the ear plug store kit. I think my first impressions done at an audiologist were Westone singles since they were pink.

 

 

I'm not saying you can't get excellent results with the Westone singles because I've done so several times. But when someone "in the know" like Phil at Cosmic Ears specifically tells me the quality is not as good, well.... that means something. Plus the Earplug Superstore kit comes with everything you need - the plunger, the foam stoppers, and the impression material. I'd say at least buy the kit once and then you have a baseline kit, and next time you might refill it with Westone singles. 

post #1650 of 4254

I wonder what portable amp would work great with the BA4. I only have the JDSLabs C421 left but it has too much gain for my universal iems so volume is very low and as a result there's a serious channel imbalance at comfortable listening levels.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)