Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 106

post #1576 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Hey guys!
I just received my BA2 a few weeks back but I have qualms about getting a perfect seal. I have used my friendsShure 535 and somehow, the silicon tips gives me better seal than my BA2s. My left monitor doesn't seal well and I have to push it in to hold it to get a better seal. And if I push both my monitors in, I get a better seal as tho if I stuffed both my fingers in my ears. Is there anything wrong with the right monitor or just the left?

 

 

Too bad it doesn't fit you perfectly, and unfortunately I can't help you with your question. 

Intead i'm hoping that you can help me with my question? rolleyes.gif

How would you compare the Shure SE-535 to your BA2 in terms of amount of bass, mids and highs?

I was just about to buy the 535 when i heard about CE and got very interested. However i think it's difficult to buy IEM's without having heard them before. But I have heard the 535 and I liked them, very nice mids and controlled bass, but think that the highs are a little too much, especially on high volume.. I think that it would be exhausting to listen to for a couple of hours..

post #1577 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by certel View Post

 

 

Too bad it doesn't fit you perfectly, and unfortunately I can't help you with your question. 

Intead i'm hoping that you can help me with my question? rolleyes.gif

How would you compare the Shure SE-535 to your BA2 in terms of amount of bass, mids and highs?

I was just about to buy the 535 when i heard about CE and got very interested. However i think it's difficult to buy IEM's without having heard them before. But I have heard the 535 and I liked them, very nice mids and controlled bass, but think that the highs are a little too much, especially on high volume.. I think that it would be exhausting to listen to for a couple of hours..

 

SE535 with sharp highs? that's a first, i love the SE535 but the highs were my main problem with them, too relaxed and laid back, although the mids were spectacular!

post #1578 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

 

SE535 with sharp highs? that's a first, i love the SE535 but the highs were my main problem with them, too relaxed and laid back, although the mids were spectacular!

 

In my opinion it was a little sharp on high volumes, but maybe I had a bad day when trying them out... tongue_smile.gif

Anyhow i think the 535 is a great monitor and it is pretty much what i'm after, soundwise. So i'm wondering if anyone that have tried both the 535 and some of CE's CIEM's and know if any model is near the 535 soundwise?

 

What i'm leaning towards right now is either the HY3 or the BA4. Does anyone think that i will be disapointed if i'll buy any of these CIEM's considering that i like the 535's?


Edited by certel - 3/6/13 at 1:30pm
post #1579 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Overall dude, you might actually just have been cheaper to go to Stockholm and get a personal fitting. Flights from the UK can be had for £70 return biggrin.gif

Any idea how much from Bournemouth?  (j/k!)Phil did touch on it saying it was a shame that they wern't uk based as I could have had a personal fitting in that situation.

 

Cheers


Edited by davidcotton - 3/4/13 at 9:12am
post #1580 of 4328

Well my set got to ce today, so that's four working days from including monday, not bad for a £10!  Considering DHL wanted between £45-£55 for the same package I consider that a good deal.

 

Apparantley Swedish post has the same sort of attitude as the royal mail does here.  Leave a slip for the customer to go get the parcel from them.  Yeah great idea hey.

 

Cheers

post #1581 of 4328

Well I remain as ever impressed with Phil's service.  Adjustment done and back in the post today.

 

Oh and anyone noticed the countdown on the CE site?

 

http://cosmicears.com/

 

Cheers

post #1582 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Well I remain as ever impressed with Phil's service.  Adjustment done and back in the post today.

 

Oh and anyone noticed the countdown on the CE site?

 

http://cosmicears.com/

 

Cheers


Uh oh. Countdown?? Can't wait to see what there will be!

post #1583 of 4328

Hi

 

Little pic that Phil sent me today.  My imagination or is the right ma giving the finger to someone?!

post #1584 of 4328

Stupid question probably, but what is a pre fit service?
 

post #1585 of 4328

All will be explained on the new website!

post #1586 of 4328
Looks like empty shells of your moulds?

Guessing you can test the fit before they bung everything in?
post #1587 of 4328

That's pretty much the upshot of it, though all the details (pricing etc) will be on the new website.

post #1588 of 4328

Thanks. That sounds logic. Should have come up with that myself :)


Edited by Ultrainferno - 3/11/13 at 1:34am
post #1589 of 4328
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

Looks like empty shells of your moulds?

Guessing you can test the fit before they bung everything in?

makes perfect sense...  quality assurance

post #1590 of 4328
Hopefully it will save people wait times and patience for getting a perfect fit.

David have you got your set back yet then?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)