Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 11

post #151 of 4551

Just when I thought I was happy with my EPH-100.... I'm very excited for a review! If there is a way to get a similar signature of the EPH-100 with just a little bit more treble (I tend to EQ it) I would be beyond happy!

post #152 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

That doesn't bode well because when I read a series of reviews on the dynamic/BA pairing iems available the AF78 got a fairly favourable review (I believe this was on Sound & Vision).

they were lying biggrin.gif ? My impressions of AF78 agree with Swimsonny's
post #153 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

they were lying biggrin.gif ? My impressions of AF78 agree with Swimsonny's
Yeh, magazines do not tend be the most honest Places to go do they. Have you not wondered why the AF78 have no hype or status here, they were early not good enough with IEMs so much cheaper so much better.

As for the RE262 I just said you could say it has BA qualities such as being fast and having good detail as well as a tight punchy bass. As for the overall sounds it's not really close to anything else I have heard other than the ASG-1 1.1 which is very similar with more bass. I was not saying it sounded like any BAs I have heard by any means just that there techinical abilities that are stereotyped with BA and dynamic drivers. That's why you can find threads that are titled "why do dynamic drives have more bass than armature ones?" not a true statement at all but people think it, that's what I am trying to say. The AF78 just had bad matching of drivers all about being a "hybrid" and not sounding good and not using a hybrid set up to sound good if you get me.
post #154 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Yeh, magazines do not tend be the most honest Places to go do they. Have you not wondered why the AF78 have no hype or status here, they were early not good enough with IEMs so much cheaper so much better.

or maybe they're just terribly impressionable and have no exp with recent iems to know better (and broken ears biggrin.gif )


> The AF78 just had bad matching of drivers all about being a "hybrid" and not sounding good and not using a hybrid set up to sound good if you get me.

all other issues with af78 aside, either the resolution of the DD, and/or the xover point/amt of upper/lower mids balance definitely give it an odd sound/not something you'd be looking for in great hybrid IEMs biggrin.gif
post #155 of 4551

I've got some family in Sweden so I might try and get my grubby hands on a pair of these!

post #156 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


or maybe they're just terribly impressionable and have no exp with recent iems to know better (and broken ears biggrin.gif )
> The AF78 just had bad matching of drivers all about being a "hybrid" and not sounding good and not using a hybrid set up to sound good if you get me.
all other issues with af78 aside, either the resolution of the DD, and/or the xover point/amt of upper/lower mids balance definitely give it an odd sound/not something you'd be looking for in great hybrid IEMs biggrin.gif

 

Regardless I like the concept of a hybrid IEM.  Who's going to take the plunge and tell us what Cosmic Ears has wrought?

post #157 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

Regardless I like the concept of a hybrid IEM.  Who's going to take the plunge and tell us what Cosmic Ears has wrought?
isn't project86 getting a hybrid sample as well? (or bought one )
post #158 of 4551
Well, now I'm interested!!!
post #159 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

isn't project86 getting a hybrid sample as well? (or bought one )

 

 

I believe that project86 and Swimsonny have ordered the HY3 hybrid model...

post #160 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


I believe that project86 and Swimsonny have ordered the HY3 hybrid model...

This is correct!
post #161 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


This is correct!

 

 

And I'm eagerly waiting for both your reviews! If these are good for the price they cost, and they're from a EU based manufacturer, I already see myself going the CIEM way with Cosmic Ears...

post #162 of 4551
Thread Starter 

Phil from Cosmic Ears just advised me that while my micro-shell twin BA Flex model is in progress, my Hybrid is going to be delayed a short while. They decided to switch things up in the way they manufacturer their multi-driver models.

 

Rather than using the typical connecting wires that we normally see in most customs, Cosmic Ears plans on switching to a PCB based design. If you've ever seen a reshelled TF10, it should kind of look like that. They reckon it will help reliability (more solid contacts to each driver), make assembly easier (important when you aren't charging an arm and a leg for each order), and finally - they just think it looks better. So that will set my Hybrid back a few weeks, and I assume the same thing for Swimsonny too. 

post #163 of 4551

project86, can you tell us exactly which models are you getting from Cosmic Ears, and the options you chose for them? Thanks...

post #164 of 4551
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

project86, can you tell us exactly which models are you getting from Cosmic Ears, and the options you chose for them? Thanks...

yes please im mostly interested in the dual and triple ba's

post #165 of 4551
I am still at impression stage so it will not really effect me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)