Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 97

post #1441 of 4373

I have not heard GR01 but have many IEMs with the same TWFK driver. I would guess it is not as warm with less bass extension and mid bass warmth and presence. Will have more transparent and detailed mids with a tad more presence and the same will app for treble.

 

this is a comparison with the R-50 which is said to sound the same as GR01.

 

the MA2 is complete across the spectrum and warmer and more enjoyable but the GR01/R-50 would probably be said to be more technical.

post #1442 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

I have not heard GR01 but have many IEMs with the same TWFK driver. I would guess it is not as warm with less bass extension and mid bass warmth and presence. Will have more transparent and detailed mids with a tad more presence and the same will app for treble.

 

this is a comparison with the R-50 which is said to sound the same as GR01.

 

the MA2 is complete across the spectrum and warmer and more enjoyable but the GR01/R-50 would probably be said to be more technical.


Cool. Thanks.

post #1443 of 4373

Thought you guys might like to see these. Don't worry about what they are (they are my TF10's returned to standard) the important thing here is that Phil is going to be offering this as an option for faceplates. The "Steampunk" look cool.gif 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See also: http://arqspin.com/s/1oyqly44r0h6j

post #1444 of 4373

your a lucky guy mate

 

i saw the first mock up a week a go and was very impressed:

 

 

post #1445 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

your a lucky guy mate

 

i saw the first mock up a week a go and was very impressed:

 

 

 

 

Totally unique aren't they. Don't know anyone else that will have such a thing cool.gif

post #1446 of 4373

I have to admit that's a sexy faceplate option.  Very nice.

post #1447 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

your a lucky guy mate

 

i saw the first mock up a week a go and was very impressed:

 

 

I can definitely see the Wizard applauding this. :)

post #1448 of 4373

That faceplate is badass.  The shells look really clear too, I'm really digging it.

post #1449 of 4373

about as clear as the ones Alicia Keys wore during the pregame show

post #1450 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

about as clear as the ones Alicia Keys wore during the pregame show

 

Those are the smoke shells that I have posted. They come up a little darker in real life than on the the photos, where they are lit, and sitting on a white background.

 

I like it that Phil is going to be making these as an option for people to order. I appreciate that CIEM's are by their nature, unique to the individual anyway, but this sort of option means that people can have faceplates where every one of them is unique too. cool.gif

post #1451 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

your a lucky guy mate

 

i saw the first mock up a week a go and was very impressed:

 

 

 

 

Aye, it was me that made the suggestion for them wink.gif

post #1452 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Aye, it was me that made the suggestion for them wink.gif

dont worry dale did not steal your credit ;)

post #1453 of 4373

So should I wait for the news site to be fully online to order?
 

post #1454 of 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

So should I wait for the news site to be fully online to order?
 

 

You could try contacting Cosmic Ears directly. While they are not back to full production yet, Phil should at least be able to either discuss your order with you and tell you the current position or whether he can take your order.

post #1455 of 4373

popcorn.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)