Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 92

post #1366 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Yes that is the former twin. It is my micro twin BA!

 

I have the twin BA in a Medium shell and can confirm that I get great deep bass from this too.

post #1367 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Haha, swimsonny! I would love to get the HY3 but the cost factor is quite crucial to me because I'm a student so I would love to keep the cost down. I've discussed with Phil and he would rather me get the BA2. However, I'm afraid the bass would be greatly compromised because of the lack of a dynamic driver. Any advice? smily_headphones1.gif

 

What about the HY2, if you're not in too much of a rush?

post #1368 of 4393

Hey guys,

Here are some images of my impressions. I think they're okay but Phil begs to differ. Take a look!

 

image image[1] image[2] image[3] image[4] image[5]

post #1369 of 4393

The HY2 is only Single BA and Dynamic which is not as suitable for me IMO. But if the rest says the BA2 has a pretty decent bass, then I'm fine! Now the impressions are giving me problems. I did an impression at this clinic and halfway home, the zip on my bag gave way and it fell out. I called the clinic and I managed to persuade the audiologists to provide me a second pair of impressions at no charge. So there, I felt quite bad and offered to pay but still, it's not cheap for impressions to be done. :\

post #1370 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Hey guys,

Here are some images of my impressions. I think they're okay but Phil begs to differ. Take a look!

 

image image[1] image[2] image[3] image[4] image[5]

Can't argue with Phil. I'll also have to say they don't look okay, some spots like the helix for example isn't very defined.

post #1371 of 4393

Oh gosh. Does this mean I have to go and get it redone? :(

post #1372 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Oh gosh. Does this mean I have to go and get it redone? :(

You had this done at an audiologist? Just go there and tell them "I showed this to the company I am going with and they said that the impressions are unacceptable." If it were done at an audiologist, redoing it should be free cause if you look at the impressions they really are unacceptable.

post #1373 of 4393

Yup, I had this done at an audiologist. Okay, I'll call them up and tell them. Because the thing is, my first incident I already accidentally lost the impressions because my bag was opened with a defective zipper and I managed to persuade her to redo one for me but it was supposed to be charged because I lost my impressions. Do you think I should get like an email or reference from Phil saying the ear impressions are not up-to-standard or unacceptable so that it is more official?

post #1374 of 4393

Like an email stating the specific parts that are unacceptable, e.g. "The Helix is not well-defined thus, we could not proceed with the creation of the IEM shell." etc.

post #1375 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Yup, I had this done at an audiologist. Okay, I'll call them up and tell them. Because the thing is, my first incident I already accidentally lost the impressions because my bag was opened with a defective zipper and I managed to persuade her to redo one for me but it was supposed to be charged because I lost my impressions. Do you think I should get like an email or reference from Phil saying the ear impressions are not up-to-standard or unacceptable so that it is more official?


If that is the case, you probably should get an email from Phil stating that.

post #1376 of 4393

Alright, will do. And having done the impressions twice in a day really hurts. Haha. I didn't have a bite block and once the silicone was injected into my ear, she just told me to open my mouth and hold it there. :\ should i bite my fingers or something?

post #1377 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

Alright, will do. And having done the impressions twice in a day really hurts. Haha. I didn't have a bite block and once the silicone was injected into my ear, she just told me to open my mouth and hold it there. :\ should i bite my fingers or something?


I seriously recommend that you do bite your fingers, my audiologist told me to just open my mouth and what a mistake that was. My monitors came out hurting when I opened my mouth. Perhaps you should wait a couple of days if you say your ears hurt, if they're inflamed or something it will probably mess with the impressions.

post #1378 of 4393

By biting my fingers, do you mean like index and middle finger vertically or horizontally?

 

The audiologist said that I dig my ear too much and the layer of wax that is supposed to be protecting my ear canals are really thin. And also, the audiologist said my ear canal is really thin after the second bend and usually people have them rounded but mine is like oval, thin and long so it's quite sensitive to the tool that she puts into my ears.

post #1379 of 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by benezer View Post

By biting my fingers, do you mean like index and middle finger vertically or horizontally?

 

The audiologist said that I dig my ear too much and the layer of wax that is supposed to be protecting my ear canals are really thin. And also, the audiologist said my ear canal is really thin after the second bend and usually people have them rounded but mine is like oval, thin and long so it's quite sensitive to the tool that she puts into my ears.

I guess you can just bite your index finger alone but what I'd do is put my index and middle finger together and bite both of them, with two fingers on top of one another. If that makes any sense.

post #1380 of 4393

You mean like this? So do I bite before the silicone is injected or after? Because what I did was the silicone was injected into one ear with my mouth closed then after awhile, I was told to open. Then after that, I had to close my mouth again for the other side, then injected into the other ear, then mouth opened for about 5-10mins. Then close the mouth. Index Finger Middle Finger Pointing 1059969

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)