- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 72
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Most of their CIEM are out of stock now. I will definitely get the HY3 because it's unique.
Right now the only one you CAN order is the basic pure.
Oh and small update on the facebook page :-
"All our monitors will now come with the premium cable."
Edited by davidcotton - 12/2/12 at 1:22am
I really dig the sound of the Flex with the twin drivers. It reminds me of a good set of stand-mount monitor speakers - it doesn't have earth shattering bass, but can extend surprisingly deep. And I like the way Cosmic Ears has the upper mids tuned to be detailed but not overly aggressive. It's a really good sounding IEM and I haven't heard anything that could blow it away for the price. There might be something out there that fits you better: say for example if you wanted massive bass above all else. You could get an Atrio or some such thing but it wouldn't be as clear sounding overall.
My reduced bass version of the HY3 is never out of my ears these days. As time has gone on, it has just continued to improve. All the clarity you could want, and impressive bass when it is called for. Lovely, balanced, smooth sound. If I have one crticism, it is that it has essentially made my other IEM's redundant and the only other headphone I am using these days is my V-Moda M80
It's a nice position to be in, I just wonder where I am going to go to find the next step up, without getting into silly money. Perhaps just wait a while and see what CE have got up their sleeves after the BA4
What used to be the HY3 is now known as the HY3XB and is bass heavy. If you want the bass heavy one, that is the one to order. Make it clear on the order notes, which HY3 it is that you want.
Thanks, I have to re read this thread better, I have miss some informations ...
I have to know which version is the one in par with the IE-80, I have largely enough bass with it and I don't want more !
Just the bass is on par with the IE-80?
Sorry with my poor English :)
If I have to choose between HY3 or HY3XB and I know that I have enough bass with my IE-80, which one fit best?
I don't want to have more bass and maybe the HY3XB will be too much for my taste ...
Which would be OK if the HY3XB was actually listed anywhere on Cosmic Ears site. I am just trying to explain the difference between the two options as there currently seems to be no way of specifying which one.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X3K 34 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Good speaker setup for 300dollars 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › ATH AD700 or Alessandro MS1 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 minutes ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 11 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)