- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 72
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Most of their CIEM are out of stock now. I will definitely get the HY3 because it's unique.
Right now the only one you CAN order is the basic pure.
Oh and small update on the facebook page :-
"All our monitors will now come with the premium cable."
Edited by davidcotton - 12/2/12 at 1:22am
I really dig the sound of the Flex with the twin drivers. It reminds me of a good set of stand-mount monitor speakers - it doesn't have earth shattering bass, but can extend surprisingly deep. And I like the way Cosmic Ears has the upper mids tuned to be detailed but not overly aggressive. It's a really good sounding IEM and I haven't heard anything that could blow it away for the price. There might be something out there that fits you better: say for example if you wanted massive bass above all else. You could get an Atrio or some such thing but it wouldn't be as clear sounding overall.
My reduced bass version of the HY3 is never out of my ears these days. As time has gone on, it has just continued to improve. All the clarity you could want, and impressive bass when it is called for. Lovely, balanced, smooth sound. If I have one crticism, it is that it has essentially made my other IEM's redundant and the only other headphone I am using these days is my V-Moda M80
It's a nice position to be in, I just wonder where I am going to go to find the next step up, without getting into silly money. Perhaps just wait a while and see what CE have got up their sleeves after the BA4
What used to be the HY3 is now known as the HY3XB and is bass heavy. If you want the bass heavy one, that is the one to order. Make it clear on the order notes, which HY3 it is that you want.
Thanks, I have to re read this thread better, I have miss some informations ...
I have to know which version is the one in par with the IE-80, I have largely enough bass with it and I don't want more !
Just the bass is on par with the IE-80?
Sorry with my poor English :)
If I have to choose between HY3 or HY3XB and I know that I have enough bass with my IE-80, which one fit best?
I don't want to have more bass and maybe the HY3XB will be too much for my taste ...
Which would be OK if the HY3XB was actually listed anywhere on Cosmic Ears site. I am just trying to explain the difference between the two options as there currently seems to be no way of specifying which one.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chord Hugo just now
- › Three Word Story 11 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 47 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › AEDLE VK-1 Limited Edition Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Indonesia's Meet With John Frank and Rob Watts at Locanda Cafe,... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2