- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 72
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Most of their CIEM are out of stock now. I will definitely get the HY3 because it's unique.
Right now the only one you CAN order is the basic pure.
Oh and small update on the facebook page :-
"All our monitors will now come with the premium cable."
Edited by davidcotton - 12/2/12 at 1:22am
I really dig the sound of the Flex with the twin drivers. It reminds me of a good set of stand-mount monitor speakers - it doesn't have earth shattering bass, but can extend surprisingly deep. And I like the way Cosmic Ears has the upper mids tuned to be detailed but not overly aggressive. It's a really good sounding IEM and I haven't heard anything that could blow it away for the price. There might be something out there that fits you better: say for example if you wanted massive bass above all else. You could get an Atrio or some such thing but it wouldn't be as clear sounding overall.
My reduced bass version of the HY3 is never out of my ears these days. As time has gone on, it has just continued to improve. All the clarity you could want, and impressive bass when it is called for. Lovely, balanced, smooth sound. If I have one crticism, it is that it has essentially made my other IEM's redundant and the only other headphone I am using these days is my V-Moda M80
It's a nice position to be in, I just wonder where I am going to go to find the next step up, without getting into silly money. Perhaps just wait a while and see what CE have got up their sleeves after the BA4
What used to be the HY3 is now known as the HY3XB and is bass heavy. If you want the bass heavy one, that is the one to order. Make it clear on the order notes, which HY3 it is that you want.
Thanks, I have to re read this thread better, I have miss some informations ...
I have to know which version is the one in par with the IE-80, I have largely enough bass with it and I don't want more !
Just the bass is on par with the IE-80?
Sorry with my poor English :)
If I have to choose between HY3 or HY3XB and I know that I have enough bass with my IE-80, which one fit best?
I don't want to have more bass and maybe the HY3XB will be too much for my taste ...
Which would be OK if the HY3XB was actually listed anywhere on Cosmic Ears site. I am just trying to explain the difference between the two options as there currently seems to be no way of specifying which one.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › nx-zx2 tap to wake apps ? 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 46 seconds ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 46 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Chasing down noise.... 59 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2