- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 72post #1066 of 528212/1/12 at 10:52amWhen. I get my twin I will also add some comparisons to similar proved universal. I'm really excited!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1067 of 528212/1/12 at 6:30pmpost #1068 of 528212/1/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
Most of their CIEM are out of stock now. I will definitely get the HY3 because it's unique.post #1069 of 528212/1/12 at 9:52pmpost #1070 of 528212/2/12 at 1:20am
Right now the only one you CAN order is the basic pure.
Oh and small update on the facebook page :-
"All our monitors will now come with the premium cable."
Edited by davidcotton - 12/2/12 at 1:22ampost #1071 of 528212/2/12 at 1:35amQuote:
Yaaaay! :3post #1072 of 528212/2/12 at 4:39amQuote:Originally Posted by project86
I really dig the sound of the Flex with the twin drivers. It reminds me of a good set of stand-mount monitor speakers - it doesn't have earth shattering bass, but can extend surprisingly deep. And I like the way Cosmic Ears has the upper mids tuned to be detailed but not overly aggressive. It's a really good sounding IEM and I haven't heard anything that could blow it away for the price. There might be something out there that fits you better: say for example if you wanted massive bass above all else. You could get an Atrio or some such thing but it wouldn't be as clear sounding overall.
My reduced bass version of the HY3 is never out of my ears these days. As time has gone on, it has just continued to improve. All the clarity you could want, and impressive bass when it is called for. Lovely, balanced, smooth sound. If I have one crticism, it is that it has essentially made my other IEM's redundant and the only other headphone I am using these days is my V-Moda M80
It's a nice position to be in, I just wonder where I am going to go to find the next step up, without getting into silly money. Perhaps just wait a while and see what CE have got up their sleeves after the BA4post #1073 of 528212/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
Which version of the HY3 is the reduced bass version ?
Very interesting CIEMpost #1074 of 528212/3/12 at 8:38ampost #1075 of 528212/3/12 at 8:41amQuote:
What used to be the HY3 is now known as the HY3XB and is bass heavy. If you want the bass heavy one, that is the one to order. Make it clear on the order notes, which HY3 it is that you want.post #1076 of 528212/3/12 at 8:58amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, I have to re read this thread better, I have miss some informations ...
I have to know which version is the one in par with the IE-80, I have largely enough bass with it and I don't want more !post #1077 of 528212/3/12 at 9:04amQuote:
Just the bass is on par with the IE-80?post #1078 of 528212/3/12 at 10:42amFrom now on then let's just call them by there names not the reduced bass version of the HY3 etc. keep it simple!post #1079 of 528212/3/12 at 11:21am
Sorry with my poor English :)
If I have to choose between HY3 or HY3XB and I know that I have enough bass with my IE-80, which one fit best?
I don't want to have more bass and maybe the HY3XB will be too much for my taste ...post #1080 of 528212/3/12 at 11:26amQuote:
Which would be OK if the HY3XB was actually listed anywhere on Cosmic Ears site. I am just trying to explain the difference between the two options as there currently seems to be no way of specifying which one.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 22 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Rock IEM around $300 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear