- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 72
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of their CIEM are out of stock now. I will definitely get the HY3 because it's unique.
Right now the only one you CAN order is the basic pure.
Oh and small update on the facebook page :-
"All our monitors will now come with the premium cable."
Edited by davidcotton - 12/2/12 at 1:22am
I really dig the sound of the Flex with the twin drivers. It reminds me of a good set of stand-mount monitor speakers - it doesn't have earth shattering bass, but can extend surprisingly deep. And I like the way Cosmic Ears has the upper mids tuned to be detailed but not overly aggressive. It's a really good sounding IEM and I haven't heard anything that could blow it away for the price. There might be something out there that fits you better: say for example if you wanted massive bass above all else. You could get an Atrio or some such thing but it wouldn't be as clear sounding overall.
My reduced bass version of the HY3 is never out of my ears these days. As time has gone on, it has just continued to improve. All the clarity you could want, and impressive bass when it is called for. Lovely, balanced, smooth sound. If I have one crticism, it is that it has essentially made my other IEM's redundant and the only other headphone I am using these days is my V-Moda M80
It's a nice position to be in, I just wonder where I am going to go to find the next step up, without getting into silly money. Perhaps just wait a while and see what CE have got up their sleeves after the BA4
Which version of the HY3 is the reduced bass version ?
Very interesting CIEM
What used to be the HY3 is now known as the HY3XB and is bass heavy. If you want the bass heavy one, that is the one to order. Make it clear on the order notes, which HY3 it is that you want.
Thanks, I have to re read this thread better, I have miss some informations ...
I have to know which version is the one in par with the IE-80, I have largely enough bass with it and I don't want more !
Just the bass is on par with the IE-80?
Sorry with my poor English :)
If I have to choose between HY3 or HY3XB and I know that I have enough bass with my IE-80, which one fit best?
I don't want to have more bass and maybe the HY3XB will be too much for my taste ...
Which would be OK if the HY3XB was actually listed anywhere on Cosmic Ears site. I am just trying to explain the difference between the two options as there currently seems to be no way of specifying which one.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Tube Amps & Headphone Appropriateness 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM-700 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quality of Vsonic IEMS 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob