So, from what I undertand by looking at Cosmic Ears webstore is that the HY3 top of the range model has the same driver configuration as the top spec Flex model (triple hybrid), but with less customization options. Is this correct?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 8post #106 of 52829/14/12 at 6:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 52829/14/12 at 7:26am
Correct. Cosmic Ears stated that on Facebook.post #108 of 52829/14/12 at 8:12amOkay I didn't know booking an audiologist appointment would be so hard so I will get my impressions done for the HY3 on the 26th.
The HY3 is the same as the flex but as the HY3 it's the best and least expensive way to get it if your happy with purple. On fact a flex with triple hybrid and a standard bottom exit cable that is non detachable is £195 as well as bing purple. The HY3 is only £190 so is by far the best way to get there flagship!!!post #109 of 52829/14/12 at 2:19pm
This is big. And I needed some advice.
I really like my RE-262 and I have an XBA - 3 as well.
I have been planning to reshell my XBA-3 for sometime now, What I was wondering is, for a guy who has never used a custom IEM and thinks highly of the RE-262 what would be the best choice among Pure, Sport, Flex and HY3.
And what do you think about XBA-3 Reshell options. Can anyone make any recommendations. I know UE can do it and Inearz, does anyone know any cheap options. and please note, I dont mean tips, a complete reshell.post #110 of 52829/14/12 at 3:42pmQuote:
Fisher are real cheap. where you live?post #111 of 52829/14/12 at 7:10pmpost #112 of 52829/14/12 at 10:30pmpost #113 of 52829/14/12 at 10:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
As far as I remember, the ADDIEM uses a TWFK variant. Cosmic Ears uses their own custom twin BA driver, not a TWFK. So it won't be the same.
Regarding DIY impressions - I've done my own for all but my first few pairs of customs. It seems easy enough that even I can do it, which is saying a lot. Over a dozen sets of CIEMs have turned out well based on my own impressions, and in fact I've had far less trouble with fit since I started doing it myself. I don't want anyone to do something they aren't comfortable with, but it really is very easy to do, and is at least worth a try in my opinion. You can always follow up with professional impressions if you can figure it out for yourself.
The ADDIEM actually uses a GQ series, which is a combined woofer and mid/tweeter with a built in crossover designed to be an all-in-one easy to implement solution. It looks like Cosmic ears doesn't use the GQ, and thankfully as from what I know the performance isn't all that great.post #114 of 52829/14/12 at 11:10pm
Quote:Originally Posted by average_joe
The ADDIEM actually uses a GQ series, which is a combined woofer and mid/tweeter with a built in crossover designed to be an all-in-one easy to implement solution. It looks like Cosmic ears doesn't use the GQ, and thankfully as from what I know the performance isn't all that great.
Partly true. The GQ variant in the ADDIEM is sort of a cheapened version. The Sleek SA7 was also supposed to used the GQ. My assumption, from the way their drivers appear, is that Cosmic uses Sonion stuff, and in the right quantities, Sonion will build pretty much anything you want.post #115 of 52829/14/12 at 11:14pmpost #116 of 52829/15/12 at 12:24amQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Partly true. The GQ variant in the ADDIEM is sort of a cheapened version. The Sleek SA7 was also supposed to used the GQ. My assumption, from the way their drivers appear, is that Cosmic uses Sonion stuff, and in the right quantities, Sonion will build pretty much anything you want.
I guess both ADDIEM and Cosmic drivers are neither from Knowles or Sonion.post #117 of 52829/15/12 at 12:34ampost #118 of 52829/15/12 at 1:12ampost #119 of 52829/15/12 at 7:01amThread StarterQuote:
No, the ADDIEM driver is from Knowles. Cosmic Ears gets theirs custom made from one of those companies as well. There aren't a ton of choices if you want to buy a balanced armature driver - off the shelf from Knowles or Sonion, or have them custom make it to your specs.
OK, in reality there are a few more options (like Star Micronics for example) but I'm not aware of any IEMs using them. It almost always ends up being Sonion or Knowles.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 25 seconds ago
- › B&W P7 alternatives 27 seconds ago
- › Good NON-in-ear earphones with a decent microphone 51 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Parasound and Burson adventure 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sony ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear