- 80 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 11/9/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 10/30/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..
It's just a matter of taste.
Maybe but from my experience in reading other peoples experience..Fewer people like earphones which have been described as recessed in any part of the Frequency range.
Maybe its just me
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature
awww no mids boost ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.
no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.
Edited by svyr - 9/11/12 at 5:59am
There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...
They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..
Edited by Hemshemems - 9/11/12 at 10:09am
While I hope to eventually end up with a pair of 8.As, I may have to pick up the Pures while I wait/save money. Seems like an excellent way to see how much I'd use customs as well without spending too much.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 2 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC-75: Better Than $600 Headphones??? 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › BOOM Mac App - Anyone Try It? 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe