or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 - Page 33

post #481 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post

With low Ohm headphone I always have some noise how do I eliminate this?

What amp are you using?
post #482 of 1146

You have to plug it into an amp, without music playing, the UD110mk2 is not that great in noise.

post #483 of 1146
Mine is dead silent with JDSlabs c5.
post #484 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul02 View Post
 

Anyone face a problem where using the UD100 causes other devices to stop functioning?

In my case, when I plug it in, my mouse starts to have intermittent freezing. Problem goes away when I plug it out.

 

Yes this has been a issue for me, it causes my logitec unified transceiver to glitch out on occasion, the problem is solved by changing how i plug in the dac to my computer. Simple fix(works for me at least) hook up like this, computer usb port - usb extension cable with clip on ferrite bead- UD100

 

Note about using the ferrite bead, don't loop the cable through it more then once or it can cause problems. In case you aren't familiar here is a picture of what it looks like.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/647961996/1P-TDK-5mm-Clip-on-RFI-EMI-RF-Radio-Audio-Video-Cable-Noise-Filter-Ferrite-Core.jpg 

post #485 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootdsc View Post
 

 

Yes this has been a issue for me, it causes my logitec unified transceiver to glitch out on occasion, the problem is solved by changing how i plug in the dac to my computer. Simple fix(works for me at least) hook up like this, computer usb port - usb extension cable with clip on ferrite bead- UD100

 

Note about using the ferrite bead, don't loop the cable through it more then once or it can cause problems. In case you aren't familiar here is a picture of what it looks like.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/647961996/1P-TDK-5mm-Clip-on-RFI-EMI-RF-Radio-Audio-Video-Cable-Noise-Filter-Ferrite-Core.jpg 

 

Thank you for the reply!

post #486 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul02 View Post
 

 

Thank you for the reply!

Sure thing, be interesting to find out if that works for you. 

 

Is anyone using the UD110 with a Galaxy s4, specifically the i545 from Verizon running android 4.3? I inquidered about ordering the UD110 v2 and they said it was only working through usb recorder pro with the s3 and s4 but didn't specify a model or software version.

post #487 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

hahah sooo i dug through this whole thread & there hasn't been been a direct comparison of the U110 against the dragonfly audioquest v1.2 or the HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC (or the Sabre Tiny or the Sabre Android)

 

I know all these products fall under the same budget DAC category is most people don't need more than one of em, but anyone has friends w/ an alternative product or goes to a meet, I know a lot of people would love to hear about a direct comparison of just the sonic qualities of each DAC.

 

any response?

post #488 of 1146

Soo.. with a Fiio E6 would be the UD110 fine for IEM only?

Anything better in the same price range, would be this combo better than Fiio E7/E10, Sabre U2?

 

Thanks! :)

 
post #489 of 1146

Hi. I've just received my UD110 V2 and wonder if someone has already tried it with an iPad, using Apple's Camera Connection Kit. Thanks!

post #490 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by honfoglalo View Post
 

Soo.. with a Fiio E6 would be the UD110 fine for IEM only?

Anything better in the same price range, would be this combo better than Fiio E7/E10, Sabre U2?

 

Thanks! :)

 

You could get one of the many fiio products that has a built in dac, the ud110 isn't really meant to be the best but its cheap and good enough but so are all the fiio dac/amp combo's. I like the ud100 that i have but it never gets used anymore now that i have the fiio e18.

post #491 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by honfoglalo View Post
 

Soo.. with a Fiio E6 would be the UD110 fine for IEM only?

Anything better in the same price range, would be this combo better than Fiio E7/E10, Sabre U2?

 

Thanks! :)

 

 

Might not be the best but definitely a very cheap and effective combo! Not only you get to try using Amps and Dacs, but you also get to upgrade separate components later in the stage (E6 might be the one to go first)!

post #492 of 1146

Now that have the Surface Pro 2, I am rediscovering the UD100. I have the early original one and feeding the Quickstep and Heaven VI, it is sounding pretty darn good. It makes for a nice portable computer surf plus music combo. Using Foobar with the Crossfeed plugin.

post #493 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootdsc View Post
 

You could get one of the many fiio products that has a built in dac, the ud110 isn't really meant to be the best but its cheap and good enough but so are all the fiio dac/amp combo's. I like the ud100 that i have but it never gets used anymore now that i have the fiio e18.

You think that E18 better sonically than the UD100?

post #494 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 

 

Might not be the best but definitely a very cheap and effective combo! Not only you get to try using Amps and Dacs, but you also get to upgrade separate components later in the stage (E6 might be the one to go first)!

So it would be better sounding with an IEM than a Fiio E07K/E10/Musiland Monitor Mini?

post #495 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by honfoglalo View Post
 

You think that E18 better sonically than the UD100?

The UD100 is not meant for driving headphones directly its only a line out so no not comparing that, I'm talking about the cost of buying a dac and amp one option would be to just buy a dac/amp combo and have the benefit of maybe being a battery powered portable. My comment about not using the UD100 anymore is because i no longer have a need for it. The UD100 is vary clear and has such a low thd its not even noticeable, one of the things i like about it is how invisible it is. If you didn't know it was there you'd never guess. Great product, it got many hours of use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120