- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic MC3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help in choosing the right earphones Last post on 9/9/10 at 1:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEM advice Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEMs for a subway commute? Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF3 iphone control issue Last post on 12/1/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic mc-series (moving-coil based IEMs) Last post on 7/5/10 at 7:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't see this comment before, so I thought I would share that this is what Phonak, AKG (K3003), and Sleek have done. While it does work to shape the FR, there are tradeoffs, but if you are getting the sound you like, then it may be worth it. The key would be to compare the performance of a modified ER4 and other, similarly priced IEMs.
I do believe that data was published by Dr. Mead Killion himself.
Bans aren't discussed on the forums; anyways, the mod does 'work' in the sense that it knocks down the output of the highs so that the perception of bass is increased. That's the way acoustic dampers work. They smooth out high frequency peaks and simultaneous restrict their output.
Still nicely detailed, but gives the impression of a little more warmth and less of an analytic nature. It is also easier to listen to them for extended periods of time. To my ears, it seems like "not too much and not too little"
For 4PT try adding 33ohms with red dampers and maybe even orange
Increase decay meaning making decay slower, or decreasing decay making the decay longer... Unless you mean to increase decay (time). I can see it making it decay slower (that I can understand)...
This is an interesting thread. I just got the hf5s and I'm really enjoying them But I listen to a lot of electronic music and I just want a bit more punch and "wobble". I Don't really want to sacrifice the details and current sound though. Just the same with more bass. I'm hearing mixed opinions here. From people who've actually tried it, would you say there is a noticeable detail loss in sacrifice for bass or not much at all?
Also if you don't like the sound you can just put the original filters back in? Or are they broken once you take them out with that tool?
I'm also wondering if a better alternative would to be to get an amp? Wouldn't that increase the bass whilst still keeping the original sound?
I have just started to use the red filters in my ER-4S(actually 4P with adapter) and I would say that you will sacrifice a tiny amount of detail with the red filters. So far I think it's worth it though, as the resulting sound is very pleasant.
The tool will destroy the filter, I stocked up on greens from Mouser as well when I ordered the reds, in case I can't make up my mind.
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)