- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic MC3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help in choosing the right earphones Last post on 9/9/10 at 1:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEM advice Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEMs for a subway commute? Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF3 iphone control issue Last post on 12/1/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic mc-series (moving-coil based IEMs) Last post on 7/5/10 at 7:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't see this comment before, so I thought I would share that this is what Phonak, AKG (K3003), and Sleek have done. While it does work to shape the FR, there are tradeoffs, but if you are getting the sound you like, then it may be worth it. The key would be to compare the performance of a modified ER4 and other, similarly priced IEMs.
I do believe that data was published by Dr. Mead Killion himself.
Bans aren't discussed on the forums; anyways, the mod does 'work' in the sense that it knocks down the output of the highs so that the perception of bass is increased. That's the way acoustic dampers work. They smooth out high frequency peaks and simultaneous restrict their output.
Still nicely detailed, but gives the impression of a little more warmth and less of an analytic nature. It is also easier to listen to them for extended periods of time. To my ears, it seems like "not too much and not too little"
For 4PT try adding 33ohms with red dampers and maybe even orange
Increase decay meaning making decay slower, or decreasing decay making the decay longer... Unless you mean to increase decay (time). I can see it making it decay slower (that I can understand)...
This is an interesting thread. I just got the hf5s and I'm really enjoying them But I listen to a lot of electronic music and I just want a bit more punch and "wobble". I Don't really want to sacrifice the details and current sound though. Just the same with more bass. I'm hearing mixed opinions here. From people who've actually tried it, would you say there is a noticeable detail loss in sacrifice for bass or not much at all?
Also if you don't like the sound you can just put the original filters back in? Or are they broken once you take them out with that tool?
I'm also wondering if a better alternative would to be to get an amp? Wouldn't that increase the bass whilst still keeping the original sound?
I have just started to use the red filters in my ER-4S(actually 4P with adapter) and I would say that you will sacrifice a tiny amount of detail with the red filters. So far I think it's worth it though, as the resulting sound is very pleasant.
The tool will destroy the filter, I stocked up on greens from Mouser as well when I ordered the reds, in case I can't make up my mind.
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 44 seconds ago
- › Custom colored HD 800 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir (USB) - FREE SHIPPING CONUS 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)