Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help in choosing the right earphones Last post on 9/9/10 at 1:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEMs for a subway commute? Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEM advice Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF3 iphone control issue Last post on 12/1/11 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 7910/11/12 at 11:15pm
I didn't see this comment before, so I thought I would share that this is what Phonak, AKG (K3003), and Sleek have done. While it does work to shape the FR, there are tradeoffs, but if you are getting the sound you like, then it may be worth it. The key would be to compare the performance of a modified ER4 and other, similarly priced IEMs.post #63 of 7910/17/12 at 7:13pmpost #64 of 7910/17/12 at 7:17pmpost #65 of 7911/2/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
I do believe that data was published by Dr. Mead Killion himself.post #66 of 7912/9/12 at 4:39pmpost #67 of 7912/9/12 at 4:48pmQuote:
Bans aren't discussed on the forums; anyways, the mod does 'work' in the sense that it knocks down the output of the highs so that the perception of bass is increased. That's the way acoustic dampers work. They smooth out high frequency peaks and simultaneous restrict their output.post #68 of 796/15/13 at 12:38pmI am very pleased with the sound resulting from using the red filters in my ER4PT. The differences are subtle, but the reds do serve to take the edge off in the 5khz region, especially on other than well-mastered recordings.
Still nicely detailed, but gives the impression of a little more warmth and less of an analytic nature. It is also easier to listen to them for extended periods of time. To my ears, it seems like "not too much and not too little"post #69 of 796/15/13 at 2:40pmActually the dampers also increase low region decay as transients are affected. It does boost bass as well though subtly, it doesn't act like a high pass filters.
For 4PT try adding 33ohms with red dampers and maybe even orangepost #70 of 796/15/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Increase decay meaning making decay slower, or decreasing decay making the decay longer... Unless you mean to increase decay (time). I can see it making it decay slower (that I can understand)...post #71 of 796/16/13 at 8:06am
This is an interesting thread. I just got the hf5s and I'm really enjoying them But I listen to a lot of electronic music and I just want a bit more punch and "wobble". I Don't really want to sacrifice the details and current sound though. Just the same with more bass. I'm hearing mixed opinions here. From people who've actually tried it, would you say there is a noticeable detail loss in sacrifice for bass or not much at all?
Also if you don't like the sound you can just put the original filters back in? Or are they broken once you take them out with that tool?
I'm also wondering if a better alternative would to be to get an amp? Wouldn't that increase the bass whilst still keeping the original sound?post #72 of 797/11/13 at 9:32am
I have just started to use the red filters in my ER-4S(actually 4P with adapter) and I would say that you will sacrifice a tiny amount of detail with the red filters. So far I think it's worth it though, as the resulting sound is very pleasant.
The tool will destroy the filter, I stocked up on greens from Mouser as well when I ordered the reds, in case I can't make up my mind.post #73 of 793/4/15 at 6:19am
So I checked out the Mouser site and it was going to cost US$20 to ship them to me in Taipei. Seeing as it's a Taiwanese company, I called and asked if I could get a local shipping price. Reply was that their warehouse is in the US and everything ships from there. Digikey looks to be the same.
So I tried searching for a local supplier and found the Knowles branch office here. Phoned them up, spoke to a lovely young sales person named Nicole, and explained what I was after. She asked me, "So you only want a few filters to modify your IEMs?" I replied yes, and heard a chuckle on the other end of the line. I asked her why she laughed, and she replied, "That's brave of you. Let me check with some sales engineers and see if they have any samples and I'll just give you some." I gave her the part numbers and (I'm not joking here) less than an hour later, the courier is outside my office with my package (US$4 for COD delivery). Inside were a pair of "red" and a pair of "orange" filters, and a nice Acoustic Interface Design Guide (pdf downloadable here).
Now I just need to spend some time listening to my ER•4Ps without EQ bass boost (Viper4Android) before I do a comparison.
Taipei can be an annoying place to live, but sometimes it's also rather amazing.post #74 of 793/5/15 at 4:19pmYes, Taipei is the bomb. Just for fun, my friends and I would write an address on an odd object and toss it in the mail box. They delivered a pencil with the address written on the surface of it. I once got a letter that was addressed to my brother....
The kicker was the letter was in circulation for two years, before it reached me.post #75 of 793/6/15 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by FullCircle
Yes, Taipei is the bomb. Just for fun, my friends and I would write an address on an odd object and toss it in the mail box. They delivered a pencil with the address written on the surface of it. I once got a letter that was addressed to my brother....
The kicker was the letter was in circulation for two years, before it reached me.
The Taiwan post office is actually quite amazing in how they're able to decipher poorly transliterated addresses (even totally incorrect ones) and deliver them to the intended recipient. I think they must employ psychics.
I'm new here. Know nothing about Noble products. But ... 20 driver CIEM??? I see it was a challenge, but does it sound any good?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Grado ps500 7 seconds ago
- › Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit 35 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › AK70 "Misty Mint" with mint leather case 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 6 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 7 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear