Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... - Page 3

post #31 of 72
Thread Starter 

Note to all...

 

Filter changing instructions added to first post.

 

Hope it helps, Jim

post #32 of 72
Just placed an order for some red and orange filters, I'll use them with my ER4S.
I'll post my impressions as soon as I receive them.
post #33 of 72

subscribed

 

Thanks OP

post #34 of 72
Thread Starter 
You're Welcome...

Stay tuned for a tech tip on non-destructive filter removal.

Jim
post #35 of 72

How much rattling bass? Is it monster turbine level (I know thats a big expectationwink_face.gif)

post #36 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboozy View Post

How much rattling bass? Is it monster turbine level (I know thats a big expectationwink_face.gif)

Not quite that much...

 

I would say that it wakes it up enough to make up for all of it's previous (NO BASS) bad reports.

 

And the best part is that it still keeps its detail.

 

An added plus is its 8mm dynamic driver.

 

Bottom Line... Would I do it again? YES!!!

 

Is it reversible? YES

 

Just my feelings, Jim

post #37 of 72

I don't understand how this increases bass response.
The acoustic dampers are meant for following


1) Acoustic dampers with medium resistance(680, 1000 and 1500 ohms) to smooth
response.
2)Acoustic dampers with high resistance(3300 and 4700 ohms) to create acoustic
low pass on woofer
post #38 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post

I don't understand how this increases bass response.
The acoustic dampers are meant for following


1) Acoustic dampers with medium resistance(680, 1000 and 1500 ohms) to smooth
response.
2)Acoustic dampers with high resistance(3300 and 4700 ohms) to create acoustic
low pass on woofer

I just know it works... Try it.

 

Jim

post #39 of 72

Technically it doesn't increase the bass, it technically decreases the highs. The highs will be tamed meaning you can raise the volume and basically it'll have more bass because there will be less highs. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post

I don't understand how this increases bass response.
The acoustic dampers are meant for following


1) Acoustic dampers with medium resistance(680, 1000 and 1500 ohms) to smooth
response.
2)Acoustic dampers with high resistance(3300 and 4700 ohms) to create acoustic
low pass on woofer
post #40 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboozy View Post

How much rattling bass? Is it monster turbine level (I know thats a big expectationwink_face.gif)


This mod increases the perceived bass body (doesn't improve texture punch or impact), just presence (at the expense of speed). It does this by damping the highs.
post #41 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


This mod increases the perceived bass body (doesn't improve texture punch or impact), just presence (at the expense of speed). It does this by damping the highs.

Spoken like a man who has tried it...

 

Tried it have you? No, didn't think so...

 

Try it you'll like it.

 

Jim

post #42 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

Spoken like a man who has tried it...

 

Tried it have you? No, didn't think so...

 

Try it you'll like it.

 

Jim

 

As I've stated, my information is based off of objective data and the recreation of the filters through an EQ.  They verified each other.  If I were a betting man, I would say that the EQ is going to be pretty darn close to what the filters would sound like.  

post #43 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

As I've stated, my information is based off of objective data and the recreation of the filters through an EQ.  They verified each other.  If I were a betting man, I would say that the EQ is going to be pretty darn close to what the filters would sound like.  

So try it and see... What do you have to lose?

Jim
post #44 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


So try it and see... What do you have to lose?
Jim

 

About 10 bucks...  I need to save as much money as I can now to pay off 20k of student loans later.  I'm not going to blow 7 bucks on shipping when the items itself cost 3 (and will most likely be sent in an envelope).  That said, the EQ verifies the objective data; the objective data verifies my EQs.  

post #45 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

About 10 bucks...  I need to save as much money as I can now to pay off 20k of student loans later.  I'm not going to blow 7 bucks on shipping when the items itself cost 3 (and will most likely be sent in an envelope).  That said, the EQ verifies the objective data; the objective data verifies my EQs.  

I'll sponsor your Unbiased Review...

PM Me your addy and what colors you would like to test. When I place my order for my ER-4s, I'll add what you want. Then send them to you, all at no expense.

Jim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...