Hey everyone, I'm looking to pick up some headphones for my girlfriend as a gift. She's no audiophile (knows pretty much nothing about it), but I have started replacing her music collection with higher quality copies, and I'd like to introduce her to the world of higher-quality sound. She's used to several year old iPhone headphones, so I'm thinking it makes sense to start cheap. Though IEMs would be perfect, she can't wear them comfortably due to one earring, so I'm looking for portable headphones.
Here's the major requirements:
- Under $50. She doesn't like when I spend a lot of money on her and it makes sense to start small.
- Not huge, bulky, or ugly. On-ear supra-aural would be best, and smaller if possible. Something similar in size to the Bowers & Wilkins P5, and portable around campus.
- Good sound isolation. She keeps her windows open and the campus can get loud. I imagine active noise-canceling isn't available or worth bothering with at this price range.
- Minimal sound leakage. Closed-back is going to be the way-to-go here, she has an easily bothered roommate.
- Comfortable for walks and long study sessions.
- Good sound quality. Doesn't need to be amazing, but still good.
Unfortunately my knowledge in this price range is limited to open-back and circumaural headphones, and I didn't really find anything that really met my requirements when I searched around. So I'd love some recommendations.