From what I understand about the MA is its a cross between a BA and dynamic driver and I believe they use a bigger diaphragm than a normal BA as well. They sound more dynamic than a typical single BA and the bass sounds like a faster dynamic driver more than a BA. I don't know if its the moving armature or just how the tuned them but the soundstage is one of the most spacious I've heard and has a very good 3-D effect which makes edm sound (and I'm going to use a word I haven't said in years) trippy
- productComply T-100 Standard Foam Tips - 3 Pair Packtagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 9/13/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/13/12More
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for $150? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM suggestions... Help Last post on 12/28/12 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
[POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] - Page 3
Poll Results: Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars]
27 Total Votespost #31 of 489/8/12 at 7:23pm
7% (2)Shure SE215
3% (1)Shure SE425
0% (0)Westone UM1
7% (2)Westone UM2
51% (14)VSONIC GR07
0% (0)Soundmagic PL50
11% (3)Etymotic HF5
18% (5)Other (please state in your comment as to what it is!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 489/8/12 at 7:34pm
Isn't that the point of edm ? It's interesting that their detailing/weight sounds halfway between dynamics and BA too. Dynamics and multi BAs can create a good 3D depth too like the ASG-1 and the SM3, though for the SM3, it can sound a bit artificial.post #33 of 489/8/12 at 7:48pm
LOL, I know but the e-Q5's ability to portray that effect is better than most of the IEM's I've heard.
There's been a few moments that certain tracks had an artificial quality to them (rock and other types of music like that not edm) but nothing that takes away from the balance and signature of the e-Q5 and vocals sound just as good as they did on the e-Q7 imo.post #34 of 489/9/12 at 2:24ampost #35 of 489/9/12 at 3:08am
i have found that for 100 dollars or so if you are a very big audio buff and you care about the quality of the sound i would really go with the SHURE's 215 class. they are the best quality sound for 100usd. not to much base and rich low's and highs . if you really want lots of base then you are stuck with only using the 50cent brand or the Monster brand.post #36 of 489/9/12 at 5:59ampost #37 of 489/9/12 at 6:06amThread Starter
The GR07's have 1 driver, and the GR01's have 2 drivers. Apart from the fact that the GR01's look like a zuchinni, is there a significant difference between 1 and 2 drivers? Like how will that translate in an overall listening experience, since the GR07's look to be the most comfortable and durable.post #38 of 489/9/12 at 6:10amThread Starter
Also, looking at photos of the GR07 just a small question, what does it actually say on the IEM? It looks like GR07 then Walkaudio? what...does it mean! Or does it just say Vsonic and the crappy resolution of the eBay photos are making it look odd?post #39 of 489/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #40 of 489/9/12 at 6:20ampost #41 of 489/9/12 at 12:48pm
2 BA drivers in the GR01 and 1 dynamic in the GR07. Driver count does not mater though so do not think two is better! BA drivers have a softer approach with less bass and awesome detail (as a stereotype) and dynamic on a stero type are more bass but this is not the case here by any means, just sterortype. The R-50 is a dual BA driver as well (same driver as the GR01) and is meant to sound very close to the GR01 with a perhaps better form factor.!Quote:
Plus i am in the UK currently selling my R-50 for a silly price and the r-50 is worth at least 3x the price im selling at! Will include world wide shipping in asking price!post #42 of 489/9/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
GR07 MK2 says.
I'm not sure you have seen the 265 page appreciation thread for GRO7?
Looking at your poll I think an answer is becoming quite obvious.post #43 of 489/9/12 at 8:00pm
Just wanted to address a few of the IEMs mentioned so far. The eq5 is a great IEM, but for me it always had a strange artificial quality to it. the gr07 compared to it is much more natural and organic. I have not tried the hf5 but I owned the er4p, if they can be compared. Good detail but like someone else mentioned it doesn't trump the eq5 or the gr07 in detail; actually pretty comparable to my ears. Unless youre looking for a slightly lean sound the hf5 may disappoint.post #44 of 489/9/12 at 11:54pmThread Starterpost #45 of 489/10/12 at 9:33pmThread StarterActually..... I had abit of a look around, and i think instead of the GR07, ill get the GR06. I read some reviews, and they seem to say that the sound is very similar to the GR07, and cost 3 times less. this way, i can save up for the K702's i was planning on getting alot sooner! Anyone have the GR06? Are they great value?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 22 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 26 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp for Ipod Nano 7th Gen? 2 minutes ago
- › RHA deep bass, variety of sound, t20i 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Could I benefit from a DAC? Using: HE-400 w/ Cayin C5 Amp & Realtek... 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 3 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...