From what I understand about the MA is its a cross between a BA and dynamic driver and I believe they use a bigger diaphragm than a normal BA as well. They sound more dynamic than a typical single BA and the bass sounds like a faster dynamic driver more than a BA. I don't know if its the moving armature or just how the tuned them but the soundstage is one of the most spacious I've heard and has a very good 3-D effect which makes edm sound (and I'm going to use a word I haven't said in years) trippy
- productComply T-100 Standard Foam Tips - 3 Pair Packtagged by System, 9/13/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productPL50 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 9/13/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/13/12More
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for $150? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM suggestions... Help Last post on 12/28/12 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
[POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] - Page 3
Poll Results: Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars]
27 Total Votespost #31 of 489/8/12 at 7:23pm
7% (2)Shure SE215
3% (1)Shure SE425
0% (0)Westone UM1
7% (2)Westone UM2
51% (14)VSONIC GR07
0% (0)Soundmagic PL50
11% (3)Etymotic HF5
18% (5)Other (please state in your comment as to what it is!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 489/8/12 at 7:34pm
Isn't that the point of edm ? It's interesting that their detailing/weight sounds halfway between dynamics and BA too. Dynamics and multi BAs can create a good 3D depth too like the ASG-1 and the SM3, though for the SM3, it can sound a bit artificial.post #33 of 489/8/12 at 7:48pm
LOL, I know but the e-Q5's ability to portray that effect is better than most of the IEM's I've heard.
There's been a few moments that certain tracks had an artificial quality to them (rock and other types of music like that not edm) but nothing that takes away from the balance and signature of the e-Q5 and vocals sound just as good as they did on the e-Q7 imo.post #34 of 489/9/12 at 2:24ampost #35 of 489/9/12 at 3:08am
i have found that for 100 dollars or so if you are a very big audio buff and you care about the quality of the sound i would really go with the SHURE's 215 class. they are the best quality sound for 100usd. not to much base and rich low's and highs . if you really want lots of base then you are stuck with only using the 50cent brand or the Monster brand.post #36 of 489/9/12 at 5:59ampost #37 of 489/9/12 at 6:06amThread Starter
The GR07's have 1 driver, and the GR01's have 2 drivers. Apart from the fact that the GR01's look like a zuchinni, is there a significant difference between 1 and 2 drivers? Like how will that translate in an overall listening experience, since the GR07's look to be the most comfortable and durable.post #38 of 489/9/12 at 6:10amThread Starter
Also, looking at photos of the GR07 just a small question, what does it actually say on the IEM? It looks like GR07 then Walkaudio? what...does it mean! Or does it just say Vsonic and the crappy resolution of the eBay photos are making it look odd?post #39 of 489/9/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #40 of 489/9/12 at 6:20ampost #41 of 489/9/12 at 12:48pm
2 BA drivers in the GR01 and 1 dynamic in the GR07. Driver count does not mater though so do not think two is better! BA drivers have a softer approach with less bass and awesome detail (as a stereotype) and dynamic on a stero type are more bass but this is not the case here by any means, just sterortype. The R-50 is a dual BA driver as well (same driver as the GR01) and is meant to sound very close to the GR01 with a perhaps better form factor.!Quote:
Plus i am in the UK currently selling my R-50 for a silly price and the r-50 is worth at least 3x the price im selling at! Will include world wide shipping in asking price!post #42 of 489/9/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
GR07 MK2 says.
I'm not sure you have seen the 265 page appreciation thread for GRO7?
Looking at your poll I think an answer is becoming quite obvious.post #43 of 489/9/12 at 8:00pm
Just wanted to address a few of the IEMs mentioned so far. The eq5 is a great IEM, but for me it always had a strange artificial quality to it. the gr07 compared to it is much more natural and organic. I have not tried the hf5 but I owned the er4p, if they can be compared. Good detail but like someone else mentioned it doesn't trump the eq5 or the gr07 in detail; actually pretty comparable to my ears. Unless youre looking for a slightly lean sound the hf5 may disappoint.post #44 of 489/9/12 at 11:54pmThread Starterpost #45 of 489/10/12 at 9:33pmThread StarterActually..... I had abit of a look around, and i think instead of the GR07, ill get the GR06. I read some reviews, and they seem to say that the sound is very similar to the GR07, and cost 3 times less. this way, i can save up for the K702's i was planning on getting alot sooner! Anyone have the GR06? Are they great value?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › How will a pair of Sennheiser HD800 driven by Cambridge CXA60 sound? 10 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 38 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 40 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear