Mine just arrived. How should I burn them in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 66post #976 of 14963/2/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 14963/2/13 at 7:48pm
Find a good hard "drums and bass" song. Run it continuously at a very loud volume, and for a very long time :)post #978 of 14963/2/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
Thanks! I like how they sound out of the box, can't wait for them to get warmed uppost #979 of 14963/2/13 at 8:02pmpost #980 of 14963/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #981 of 14963/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #982 of 14963/2/13 at 8:09pm
Stop trolling the poor guy WAYNE, just joking.
Here on the OP post of the S500 thread has bassdrive/ etc links for burning these JVC CNT phones. At the mid bottom of the 1st post.post #983 of 14963/2/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
This is the one I use. Sufficiently loud, hard hitting and irritating, and best of all, the download is free :)post #984 of 14963/2/13 at 8:27pmpost #985 of 14963/7/13 at 8:52amBoys are as compared to the CAL?I was thinking of buying the JVC HA-S500 instead of 400 ... which is better of the two?Compared to CAL which is better?Bay of the ship from Japan at less than 50 € ...post #986 of 14963/7/13 at 9:20am
Well the S500 has a larger driver so yeah it's a little better IMO but many like the S400 at least as well for many types of music. Additionally the S400 is much cheaper as it's available domestically. It you want the ultimate in resolution/clarity/bass then go for the S500. If you can live with ALMOST as good as the S500 for less money get the S400. Or get both!post #987 of 14963/7/13 at 9:37amI think it's better if the 500 retains the features of the 400 assuming a 50 mm driver ...Compared to CAL as are the 500? I listen mostly house music / trance loud and CAL do not seem to have a low very good for these genres.I have a FiiO e10 connected to the computerpost #988 of 14963/7/13 at 1:46pm
Actually the S500 has 40mm drivers and the S400 has 30mm drivers. And both will blow the doors off the CAL in both quality and quantity of bass. Especially if you are willing to do some simple mods.post #989 of 14963/7/13 at 10:05pmpost #990 of 14963/8/13 at 9:36am
They both beat the AKG IMO. More detail, clarity and bass both quantity and quality. Sub bass is astounding for such an inexpensive set of cans and such a small driver. The detail and clarity do, however, have a price. They will reveal a lot of garbage in crappy or low bit rate recordings. Some have paired them with a slightly warmer DAC/amp to help overcome this. But they DO need a lot of hard, heavy burn in. Also be prepared to play around with different tape mods and earpads to tailor the sound to your particular preferences. You can pretty much tweak them to get very close to the exact sound you are looking for.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › All things Metrum Acoustics 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear