Mine just arrived. How should I burn them in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on 5/25/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 66post #976 of 14793/2/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 14793/2/13 at 7:48pm
Find a good hard "drums and bass" song. Run it continuously at a very loud volume, and for a very long time :)post #978 of 14793/2/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
Thanks! I like how they sound out of the box, can't wait for them to get warmed uppost #979 of 14793/2/13 at 8:02pmpost #980 of 14793/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #981 of 14793/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #982 of 14793/2/13 at 8:09pm
Stop trolling the poor guy WAYNE, just joking.
Here on the OP post of the S500 thread has bassdrive/ etc links for burning these JVC CNT phones. At the mid bottom of the 1st post.post #983 of 14793/2/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
This is the one I use. Sufficiently loud, hard hitting and irritating, and best of all, the download is free :)post #984 of 14793/2/13 at 8:27pmpost #985 of 14793/7/13 at 8:52amBoys are as compared to the CAL?I was thinking of buying the JVC HA-S500 instead of 400 ... which is better of the two?Compared to CAL which is better?Bay of the ship from Japan at less than 50 € ...post #986 of 14793/7/13 at 9:20am
Well the S500 has a larger driver so yeah it's a little better IMO but many like the S400 at least as well for many types of music. Additionally the S400 is much cheaper as it's available domestically. It you want the ultimate in resolution/clarity/bass then go for the S500. If you can live with ALMOST as good as the S500 for less money get the S400. Or get both!post #987 of 14793/7/13 at 9:37amI think it's better if the 500 retains the features of the 400 assuming a 50 mm driver ...Compared to CAL as are the 500? I listen mostly house music / trance loud and CAL do not seem to have a low very good for these genres.I have a FiiO e10 connected to the computerpost #988 of 14793/7/13 at 1:46pm
Actually the S500 has 40mm drivers and the S400 has 30mm drivers. And both will blow the doors off the CAL in both quality and quantity of bass. Especially if you are willing to do some simple mods.post #989 of 14793/7/13 at 10:05pmpost #990 of 14793/8/13 at 9:36am
They both beat the AKG IMO. More detail, clarity and bass both quantity and quality. Sub bass is astounding for such an inexpensive set of cans and such a small driver. The detail and clarity do, however, have a price. They will reveal a lot of garbage in crappy or low bit rate recordings. Some have paired them with a slightly warmer DAC/amp to help overcome this. But they DO need a lot of hard, heavy burn in. Also be prepared to play around with different tape mods and earpads to tailor the sound to your particular preferences. You can pretty much tweak them to get very close to the exact sound you are looking for.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PNY 512GB SD card, Sandisk 200GB microSD card are now on sale! 20 seconds ago
- › FS: LH GeekOut 450 (silver) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for headphones 300-450$ 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2