Mine just arrived. How should I burn them in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:18 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 66post #976 of 12923/2/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 12923/2/13 at 7:48pm
Find a good hard "drums and bass" song. Run it continuously at a very loud volume, and for a very long time :)post #978 of 12923/2/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
Thanks! I like how they sound out of the box, can't wait for them to get warmed uppost #979 of 12923/2/13 at 8:02pmpost #980 of 12923/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #981 of 12923/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #982 of 12923/2/13 at 8:09pm
Stop trolling the poor guy WAYNE, just joking.
Here on the OP post of the S500 thread has bassdrive/ etc links for burning these JVC CNT phones. At the mid bottom of the 1st post.post #983 of 12923/2/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
This is the one I use. Sufficiently loud, hard hitting and irritating, and best of all, the download is free :)post #984 of 12923/2/13 at 8:27pmpost #985 of 12923/7/13 at 8:52amBoys are as compared to the CAL?I was thinking of buying the JVC HA-S500 instead of 400 ... which is better of the two?Compared to CAL which is better?Bay of the ship from Japan at less than 50 € ...post #986 of 12923/7/13 at 9:20am
Well the S500 has a larger driver so yeah it's a little better IMO but many like the S400 at least as well for many types of music. Additionally the S400 is much cheaper as it's available domestically. It you want the ultimate in resolution/clarity/bass then go for the S500. If you can live with ALMOST as good as the S500 for less money get the S400. Or get both!post #987 of 12923/7/13 at 9:37amI think it's better if the 500 retains the features of the 400 assuming a 50 mm driver ...Compared to CAL as are the 500? I listen mostly house music / trance loud and CAL do not seem to have a low very good for these genres.I have a FiiO e10 connected to the computerpost #988 of 12923/7/13 at 1:46pm
Actually the S500 has 40mm drivers and the S400 has 30mm drivers. And both will blow the doors off the CAL in both quality and quantity of bass. Especially if you are willing to do some simple mods.post #989 of 12923/7/13 at 10:05pmpost #990 of 12923/8/13 at 9:36am
They both beat the AKG IMO. More detail, clarity and bass both quantity and quality. Sub bass is astounding for such an inexpensive set of cans and such a small driver. The detail and clarity do, however, have a price. They will reveal a lot of garbage in crappy or low bit rate recordings. Some have paired them with a slightly warmer DAC/amp to help overcome this. But they DO need a lot of hard, heavy burn in. Also be prepared to play around with different tape mods and earpads to tailor the sound to your particular preferences. You can pretty much tweak them to get very close to the exact sound you are looking for.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 13 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Is there diminishing return when it comes to headphone quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Of these Headphones, which are the best? Under 400 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › How does the creative aurvana live rank these days, still good? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › EAR HP4 Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 6 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude