Mine just arrived. How should I burn them in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on 7/23/16 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 66post #976 of 14933/2/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 14933/2/13 at 7:48pm
Find a good hard "drums and bass" song. Run it continuously at a very loud volume, and for a very long time :)post #978 of 14933/2/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
Thanks! I like how they sound out of the box, can't wait for them to get warmed uppost #979 of 14933/2/13 at 8:02pmpost #980 of 14933/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #981 of 14933/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #982 of 14933/2/13 at 8:09pm
Stop trolling the poor guy WAYNE, just joking.
Here on the OP post of the S500 thread has bassdrive/ etc links for burning these JVC CNT phones. At the mid bottom of the 1st post.post #983 of 14933/2/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
This is the one I use. Sufficiently loud, hard hitting and irritating, and best of all, the download is free :)post #984 of 14933/2/13 at 8:27pmpost #985 of 14933/7/13 at 8:52amBoys are as compared to the CAL?I was thinking of buying the JVC HA-S500 instead of 400 ... which is better of the two?Compared to CAL which is better?Bay of the ship from Japan at less than 50 € ...post #986 of 14933/7/13 at 9:20am
Well the S500 has a larger driver so yeah it's a little better IMO but many like the S400 at least as well for many types of music. Additionally the S400 is much cheaper as it's available domestically. It you want the ultimate in resolution/clarity/bass then go for the S500. If you can live with ALMOST as good as the S500 for less money get the S400. Or get both!post #987 of 14933/7/13 at 9:37amI think it's better if the 500 retains the features of the 400 assuming a 50 mm driver ...Compared to CAL as are the 500? I listen mostly house music / trance loud and CAL do not seem to have a low very good for these genres.I have a FiiO e10 connected to the computerpost #988 of 14933/7/13 at 1:46pm
Actually the S500 has 40mm drivers and the S400 has 30mm drivers. And both will blow the doors off the CAL in both quality and quantity of bass. Especially if you are willing to do some simple mods.post #989 of 14933/7/13 at 10:05pmpost #990 of 14933/8/13 at 9:36am
They both beat the AKG IMO. More detail, clarity and bass both quantity and quality. Sub bass is astounding for such an inexpensive set of cans and such a small driver. The detail and clarity do, however, have a price. They will reveal a lot of garbage in crappy or low bit rate recordings. Some have paired them with a slightly warmer DAC/amp to help overcome this. But they DO need a lot of hard, heavy burn in. Also be prepared to play around with different tape mods and earpads to tailor the sound to your particular preferences. You can pretty much tweak them to get very close to the exact sound you are looking for.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 26 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 26 seconds ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 33 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...