Mine just arrived. How should I burn them in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on 4/25/16 at 6:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 66post #976 of 14933/2/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 14933/2/13 at 7:48pm
Find a good hard "drums and bass" song. Run it continuously at a very loud volume, and for a very long time :)post #978 of 14933/2/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
Thanks! I like how they sound out of the box, can't wait for them to get warmed uppost #979 of 14933/2/13 at 8:02pmpost #980 of 14933/2/13 at 8:05pmpost #981 of 14933/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #982 of 14933/2/13 at 8:09pm
Stop trolling the poor guy WAYNE, just joking.
Here on the OP post of the S500 thread has bassdrive/ etc links for burning these JVC CNT phones. At the mid bottom of the 1st post.post #983 of 14933/2/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
This is the one I use. Sufficiently loud, hard hitting and irritating, and best of all, the download is free :)post #984 of 14933/2/13 at 8:27pmpost #985 of 14933/7/13 at 8:52amBoys are as compared to the CAL?I was thinking of buying the JVC HA-S500 instead of 400 ... which is better of the two?Compared to CAL which is better?Bay of the ship from Japan at less than 50 € ...post #986 of 14933/7/13 at 9:20am
Well the S500 has a larger driver so yeah it's a little better IMO but many like the S400 at least as well for many types of music. Additionally the S400 is much cheaper as it's available domestically. It you want the ultimate in resolution/clarity/bass then go for the S500. If you can live with ALMOST as good as the S500 for less money get the S400. Or get both!post #987 of 14933/7/13 at 9:37amI think it's better if the 500 retains the features of the 400 assuming a 50 mm driver ...Compared to CAL as are the 500? I listen mostly house music / trance loud and CAL do not seem to have a low very good for these genres.I have a FiiO e10 connected to the computerpost #988 of 14933/7/13 at 1:46pm
Actually the S500 has 40mm drivers and the S400 has 30mm drivers. And both will blow the doors off the CAL in both quality and quantity of bass. Especially if you are willing to do some simple mods.post #989 of 14933/7/13 at 10:05pmpost #990 of 14933/8/13 at 9:36am
They both beat the AKG IMO. More detail, clarity and bass both quantity and quality. Sub bass is astounding for such an inexpensive set of cans and such a small driver. The detail and clarity do, however, have a price. They will reveal a lot of garbage in crappy or low bit rate recordings. Some have paired them with a slightly warmer DAC/amp to help overcome this. But they DO need a lot of hard, heavy burn in. Also be prepared to play around with different tape mods and earpads to tailor the sound to your particular preferences. You can pretty much tweak them to get very close to the exact sound you are looking for.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › low quality cable out of pc into chain of cleaning defeats purpose... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse