Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 59

post #871 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ alright merci your amazing pics/ tutorial is so convincing i am gonna have to try it then, gonna need to fine/ buy me some tapes. Will report back.............................soon. ph34r.gif

 

 

Gosh, you guys make me feel good.  biggrin.gif

post #872 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmerci View Post

 

Gosh, you guys make me feel good.  biggrin.gif


haha, no problem meng. Glad you are so passionate about your mod and is willing to give us lots of pics/ detailed instructions unlike someone cough *cute* cough.

 

I'll die a happy man when cute finally uploads some pics of this crazy mods for us. haha

 

Sorry for giving you such a hard time and calling out out cute, you know i love ya. But c'mon Pics now!!! So thirsty................... you are worse than mochill. LMAO

post #873 of 1419

I just got these headphones from the post office today and I have to say, it's great having a functional pair of headphones again!

But there's so many mods in circulation that it's hard to keep up with all of them! D:

 

My ears experienced some discomfort after wearing the phones for the first time (an hour or two of use), so a pad swap seems imminent. Which pads (velours, K81, HM5, AT, etc.) would you guys suggest?

 

And which mods would you suggest as well?

post #874 of 1419

Ok, so the wife finally left the house to go see Les Mis with her mom and I took the screws out to add some tape (she got pissed when I tried to do it with her here so I figure what she doesn't know won't hurt her-LOL). OMG! I've never seen such tiny little wires. I'm afraid if I breath I will break them. So next up is to replace these suckers with something a little larger than a human hair. Other than buying wire and learning to braid it and such are there any other options? Anyone transplanted another can's cord onto these? Also, how do I know which one is which so I don't fry the driver the first time I plug it in to a source? TIA

post #875 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

Ok, so the wife finally left the house to go see Les Mis with her mom and I took the screws out to add some tape (she got pissed when I tried to do it with her here so I figure what she doesn't know won't hurt her-LOL). OMG! I've never seen such tiny little wires. I'm afraid if I breath I will break them. So next up is to replace these suckers with something a little larger than a human hair. Other than buying wire and learning to braid it and such are there any other options? Anyone transplanted another can's cord onto these? Also, how do I know which one is which so I don't fry the driver the first time I plug it in to a source? TIA

Oh dare, i know where this is leading. DON'T DO IT!!! LoL

 

But deep inside you know you wanna bad. very_evil_smiley.gif................................devil_face.gif

post #876 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Oh dare, i know where this is leading. DON'T DO IT!!! LoL

 

But deep inside you know you wanna bad. very_evil_smiley.gif................................devil_face.gif


Go for it nothing like doing a cable job on a $17 set of cans...The cable was $75 after trade and cash!!....LOL

If you don't know how to solder you better leave well enough alone...Just saying...

 

 

OH snap, I was just Fooling around out in my garage and look what I found!!

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/647053/oh-crap-look-what-i-found-boxed-up-in-the-garage


Edited by Magicman74 - 1/19/13 at 1:06pm
post #877 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


haha, no problem meng.

 

meng?

post #878 of 1419

Definitely not a soldering noob just a cable noob. jecklinsmile.gif

post #879 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmerci View Post

 

meng?


LoL, as in slang talk "man" = "No problem man."

post #880 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmerci View Post

 

"The duct tape ear-side part of the plastic"

 

You mean this?
 

 

No I haven't. The midrange is too recessed and I want to hear them - but not too much because it really isn't that good. After all, they're only $27 hp's!

 

No, no, I meant the part literally facing your ear -- what the earpads cover. 

post #881 of 1419

So any updates on messing with your wifey's S400s shock??? He probably got beheaded already, poor guy. :  (


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/20/13 at 11:17am
post #882 of 1419

LOL I got them back together well before she got back from the movie. She listened to them for a couple of hours last night smiling the whole time. Still would love to sneak some new cables on.  Can't imagine a little thicker wire (although I admit I'm a cable/wire skeptic) wouldn't improve the sound. She still hasn't even noticed the q-tips I stuffed under the earpads a month ago. I imagine one of these days I'll hear her exclaim..."What the f*&@k???"  confused_face_2.gif

post #883 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

LOL I got them back together well before she got back from the movie. She listened to them for a couple of hours last night smiling the whole time. Still would love to sneak some new cables on.  Can't imagine a little thicker wire (although I admit I'm a cable/wire skeptic) wouldn't improve the sound. She still hasn't even noticed the q-tips I stuffed under the earpads a month ago. I imagine one of these days I'll hear her exclaim..."What the f*&@k???"  confused_face_2.gif


haha nice to know you are still in one piece from that secret mission of yours. Thanks for the safety report! Can't wait for your next mission. popcorn.gif

 

Oh just cuz i am a good sport, so i'll give in and let cute "troll" me into this one. As promised OO uncensored or unmodded. Click below if you are BRAVE-at-HEART. biggrin.gif

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

       

 

                                                                                                                        ......... Thanks Kova for this LMAO.

 

edit: c'mon cute tell me that was not worth it, i'll give you like $10 for one of those reverse L/R cables.  Where is that kind DIY heart of yours! : P


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/20/13 at 2:58pm
post #884 of 1419

 


Edited by cute - 1/21/13 at 1:05am
post #885 of 1419

Oh man the spoiler alert. I can't undo that image..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.