Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 32

post #466 of 1460

Anyone feel like donating a pair to be made open back? very_evil_smiley.gif

post #467 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo108 View Post

I have a pair of these NIB for trade here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632087/ft-nib-jvc-ha-s400-b
 

if anyone is interested.

Are you interested in superluxes??? LoLoLoLoLO........................dead serious

 

Just in case you didn't read this thread, the S400s are really not inferior to the S500s. The technology used is similar but the tuning/ sound signature is different enough that it's worth it to own both pairs. Try out the S400s 1st to see if it is your cup of tea or not, cuz it might surprise you.  If you don't like it, my superluxes are always here waiting for you. heeeee

post #468 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

Anyone feel like donating a pair to be made open back? very_evil_smiley.gif


Are you willing to pay for the mod/ open back set of headphones for the transplant? If so, I am willing to pay for a set of S400s for you to play with. Then after you mod it you can send that sweet pair of open S400 babys to me. hohohohoohoho devil_face.gif

post #469 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Are you willing to pay for the mod/ open back set of headphones for the transplant? If so, I am willing to pay for a set of S400s for you to play with. Then after you mod it you can send that sweet pair of open S400 babys to me. hohohohoohoho devil_face.gif

 

 

If I can think of a cheap open can, yes :) Maybe cutting the middle out of these? I think someone did it with the S500's and it didn't turn out so well though :S

post #470 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

 

 

If I can think of a cheap open can, yes :) Maybe cutting the middle out of these? I think someone did it with the S500's and it didn't turn out so well though :S

Well then let the search begin then. ha 30mm drivers hard to find??? I don't wanna see no Frankenstein-Cans Doc be using for his mods. heeeee 

 

edit: I don't think anyone cut the back of the S500s open, they just merely transplanted it into other more comfy "full-side" 40mm driver headphones. 


Edited by sfwalcer - 10/17/12 at 12:40am
post #471 of 1460

Why are there no USA sellers for the s400 on ebay? Also any news on these or the s500 coming to the UK anytime soon?


Edited by koreanzombie - 10/17/12 at 10:59am
post #472 of 1460
I am starting to have a similar problem as others here with these headphones.
They are:
More smoooth,
More involving,
More detailed,
More alive,
More deeep,
More "real" sounding
More exciting,
More satisfying! What the h*ll!!
Not shure what to do about my existing headphones,
They have their strengths, but will be collecting dust for now as they have to step aside for these!
post #473 of 1460

Sfwalcer,

well in that case, I might just have to open this box up, and give the S400's a fairer shot.  If they aren't for me I'll be contacting you about those Superluxes......(I wouldn't mind a pair of semi-open phones hanging around)

post #474 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo108 View Post

Sfwalcer,

well in that case, I might just have to open this box up, and give the S400's a fairer shot.  If they aren't for me I'll be contacting you about those Superluxes......(I wouldn't mind a pair of semi-open phones hanging around)

haha once you open that box and the thing is on your head, I don't think I can ever pry it off. LoL

Alright meng, I got your word on this then and I got witnesses up in herrr. ha

Cools my luxes are still in minty condition, hit my up a PM if you are down.

 

There you go mosshorn, I sacrificed the blood of my superluxes for this "open-back" S400 experiment of yours. You got blood on your hands now!!! biggrin.gif  

post #475 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I am starting to have a similar problem as others here with these headphones.
They are:
More smoooth,
More involving,
More detailed,
More alive,
More deeep,
More "real" sounding
More exciting,
More satisfying! What the h*ll!!
Not shure what to do about my existing headphones,
They have their strengths, but will be collecting dust for now as they have to step aside for these!


Amen Maxx amen! deadhorse.gif

post #476 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

haha once you open that box and the thing is on your head, I don't think I can ever pry it off. LoL

Alright meng, I got your word on this then and I got witnesses up in herrr. ha

Cools my luxes are still in minty condition, hit my up a PM if you are down.

 

There you go mosshorn, I sacrificed the blood of my superluxes for this "open-back" S400 experiment of yours. You got blood on your hands now!!! biggrin.gif

Alright, I as a token of our online proverbial handshake, I'll close my Ad on the B/S forum.  You may be hearing from me soon.

post #477 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo108 View Post

Alright, I as a token of our online proverbial handshake, I'll close my Ad on the B/S forum.  You may be hearing from me soon.


LoL, Nice nice. beerchug.gif But don't ever doubt the carbon nanotube gods, they are watching over us.  I doubt it, you're gonna be in CNT heaven with your S400s and you ain't ever coming back. :'(


Edited by sfwalcer - 10/17/12 at 1:58pm
post #478 of 1460

Can someone tell me what differences I should expect if I move from the JVC FXT90 in-ears to the HA-S400?

post #479 of 1460

After 10 days waiting for my S400's, i just recived a mail from PricePros that my package was returned beacuse the headphones where broken,   so this time i am buying them from Gizmosforlife.

 

2 weeks wait again.............mad.gif
 

post #480 of 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

After 10 days waiting for my S400's, i just recived a mail from PricePros that my package was returned beacuse the headphones where broken,   so this time i am buying them from Gizmosforlife.

 

2 weeks wait again.............mad.gif
 

NO tasty S400 for doubters!!! biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.