so comparing the s400 and s500... the s400 is more balanced. S500 is more fun but the s400 is better IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on 2/13/17 at 10:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 14965/17/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I agree. There is only a slight difference to my ears but overall, for music, I prefer the S400's. The S500's are great for gaming and moives however.post #1158 of 14965/17/13 at 11:20amQuote:
same here; I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music and i dont need "boom" for the music i listen to.
The mids are similar, but the s400 definitely has more sparkle.post #1159 of 14965/17/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
In my experience so far they don't isolate much. That was one of the reasons I went for them though, since they are for desk use and I don't want to be totally oblivious.post #1160 of 14965/17/13 at 7:11pmpost #1161 of 14965/19/13 at 10:13ampost #1162 of 14965/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by victorhab1
Hey guys, i'm loocking for a headphone under $30. I found the JVC HA-S400 and the Koss UR55 very interesting for me.
Never bought any JVC. Have some good experience with portapro, but it's kinda different.. haha
So, which is more reliable?
I would have to say the JVC. I ride my pair to school every day and except for a flat once they've been super reliable. Of course I change my oil frequently and check the radiator fluid every time I gas up. Can't speak for the Koss but I've heard that not having carbon nanotubes they wear out after about 100,000 miles. YMMVpost #1163 of 14965/21/13 at 8:59pmpost #1164 of 14965/21/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Not very well. They slip on and OFF quite easily. My wife actually uses small pieces of black duct tape to keep hers on.post #1165 of 14965/29/13 at 10:03ampost #1166 of 14965/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
Depends on whether you want on ear or over ear.post #1167 of 14965/29/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Dog gonnit!!! Just couldn't resist anymore and bought the S400's. Is there any way to set up a web browser to block Head-Fi? I'm going broke because of this website!post #1168 of 14965/29/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
In my opinion,
AKG K518DJ for on-ear
Brainwavz HM5 for over-ear
honestly, anything but the stock.post #1169 of 14965/29/13 at 5:47pm
Google "shopping addiction" and "head fi flavor of the month."post #1170 of 14965/29/13 at 6:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › [Price Drop] Sony NW-ZX100HN (incl. NC Earphone) + Sony Leather Case 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear