so comparing the s400 and s500... the s400 is more balanced. S500 is more fun but the s400 is better IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on Today at 3:36 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Me Spend $80 On 'Phones :) Last post on 3/20/13 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 11605/17/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I agree. There is only a slight difference to my ears but overall, for music, I prefer the S400's. The S500's are great for gaming and moives however.post #1158 of 11605/17/13 at 11:20amQuote:
same here; I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music and i dont need "boom" for the music i listen to.
The mids are similar, but the s400 definitely has more sparkle.post #1159 of 11605/17/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
In my experience so far they don't isolate much. That was one of the reasons I went for them though, since they are for desk use and I don't want to be totally oblivious.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 44 seconds ago
- › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 51 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig 1 minute ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe