so comparing the s400 and s500... the s400 is more balanced. S500 is more fun but the s400 is better IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on Yesterday at 1:06 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 13335/17/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I agree. There is only a slight difference to my ears but overall, for music, I prefer the S400's. The S500's are great for gaming and moives however.post #1158 of 13335/17/13 at 11:20amQuote:
same here; I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music and i dont need "boom" for the music i listen to.
The mids are similar, but the s400 definitely has more sparkle.post #1159 of 13335/17/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
In my experience so far they don't isolate much. That was one of the reasons I went for them though, since they are for desk use and I don't want to be totally oblivious.post #1160 of 13335/17/13 at 7:11pmpost #1161 of 13335/19/13 at 10:13ampost #1162 of 13335/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by victorhab1
Hey guys, i'm loocking for a headphone under $30. I found the JVC HA-S400 and the Koss UR55 very interesting for me.
Never bought any JVC. Have some good experience with portapro, but it's kinda different.. haha
So, which is more reliable?
I would have to say the JVC. I ride my pair to school every day and except for a flat once they've been super reliable. Of course I change my oil frequently and check the radiator fluid every time I gas up. Can't speak for the Koss but I've heard that not having carbon nanotubes they wear out after about 100,000 miles. YMMVpost #1163 of 13335/21/13 at 8:59pmpost #1164 of 13335/21/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Not very well. They slip on and OFF quite easily. My wife actually uses small pieces of black duct tape to keep hers on.post #1165 of 13335/29/13 at 10:03ampost #1166 of 13335/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
Depends on whether you want on ear or over ear.post #1167 of 13335/29/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Dog gonnit!!! Just couldn't resist anymore and bought the S400's. Is there any way to set up a web browser to block Head-Fi? I'm going broke because of this website!post #1168 of 13335/29/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
In my opinion,
AKG K518DJ for on-ear
Brainwavz HM5 for over-ear
honestly, anything but the stock.post #1169 of 13335/29/13 at 5:47pm
Google "shopping addiction" and "head fi flavor of the month."post #1170 of 13335/29/13 at 6:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IC: Melbourne Meet just now
- › Which Headphones To Buy For PC-Based Music Listening 22 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 47 seconds ago
- › Replacement Driver units for Denon D2000/5000/7000 or Fostex 600/900 49 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › DAC for my PC desktop (headphones and active monitor too) 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude