so comparing the s400 and s500... the s400 is more balanced. S500 is more fun but the s400 is better IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on 9/25/16 at 11:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 14935/17/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I agree. There is only a slight difference to my ears but overall, for music, I prefer the S400's. The S500's are great for gaming and moives however.post #1158 of 14935/17/13 at 11:20amQuote:
same here; I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music and i dont need "boom" for the music i listen to.
The mids are similar, but the s400 definitely has more sparkle.post #1159 of 14935/17/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
In my experience so far they don't isolate much. That was one of the reasons I went for them though, since they are for desk use and I don't want to be totally oblivious.post #1160 of 14935/17/13 at 7:11pmpost #1161 of 14935/19/13 at 10:13ampost #1162 of 14935/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by victorhab1
Hey guys, i'm loocking for a headphone under $30. I found the JVC HA-S400 and the Koss UR55 very interesting for me.
Never bought any JVC. Have some good experience with portapro, but it's kinda different.. haha
So, which is more reliable?
I would have to say the JVC. I ride my pair to school every day and except for a flat once they've been super reliable. Of course I change my oil frequently and check the radiator fluid every time I gas up. Can't speak for the Koss but I've heard that not having carbon nanotubes they wear out after about 100,000 miles. YMMVpost #1163 of 14935/21/13 at 8:59pmpost #1164 of 14935/21/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Not very well. They slip on and OFF quite easily. My wife actually uses small pieces of black duct tape to keep hers on.post #1165 of 14935/29/13 at 10:03ampost #1166 of 14935/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
Depends on whether you want on ear or over ear.post #1167 of 14935/29/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Dog gonnit!!! Just couldn't resist anymore and bought the S400's. Is there any way to set up a web browser to block Head-Fi? I'm going broke because of this website!post #1168 of 14935/29/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
In my opinion,
AKG K518DJ for on-ear
Brainwavz HM5 for over-ear
honestly, anything but the stock.post #1169 of 14935/29/13 at 5:47pm
Google "shopping addiction" and "head fi flavor of the month."post #1170 of 14935/29/13 at 6:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or Audio-Technica MSR7 for mainly epic music? 25 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 4 minutes ago
- › How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones (markl... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...