so comparing the s400 and s500... the s400 is more balanced. S500 is more fun but the s400 is better IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on Today at 1:09 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 14935/17/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I agree. There is only a slight difference to my ears but overall, for music, I prefer the S400's. The S500's are great for gaming and moives however.post #1158 of 14935/17/13 at 11:20amQuote:
same here; I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music and i dont need "boom" for the music i listen to.
The mids are similar, but the s400 definitely has more sparkle.post #1159 of 14935/17/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
In my experience so far they don't isolate much. That was one of the reasons I went for them though, since they are for desk use and I don't want to be totally oblivious.post #1160 of 14935/17/13 at 7:11pmpost #1161 of 14935/19/13 at 10:13ampost #1162 of 14935/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by victorhab1
Hey guys, i'm loocking for a headphone under $30. I found the JVC HA-S400 and the Koss UR55 very interesting for me.
Never bought any JVC. Have some good experience with portapro, but it's kinda different.. haha
So, which is more reliable?
I would have to say the JVC. I ride my pair to school every day and except for a flat once they've been super reliable. Of course I change my oil frequently and check the radiator fluid every time I gas up. Can't speak for the Koss but I've heard that not having carbon nanotubes they wear out after about 100,000 miles. YMMVpost #1163 of 14935/21/13 at 8:59pmpost #1164 of 14935/21/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Not very well. They slip on and OFF quite easily. My wife actually uses small pieces of black duct tape to keep hers on.post #1165 of 14935/29/13 at 10:03ampost #1166 of 14935/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
Depends on whether you want on ear or over ear.post #1167 of 14935/29/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Dog gonnit!!! Just couldn't resist anymore and bought the S400's. Is there any way to set up a web browser to block Head-Fi? I'm going broke because of this website!post #1168 of 14935/29/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
In my opinion,
AKG K518DJ for on-ear
Brainwavz HM5 for over-ear
honestly, anything but the stock.post #1169 of 14935/29/13 at 5:47pm
Google "shopping addiction" and "head fi flavor of the month."post #1170 of 14935/29/13 at 6:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 13 seconds ago
- › Xonar STX ASIO noise when doing some operations 18 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 32 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 46 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 52 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Agressive V shaped headphones. 1 minute ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...