- 5,629 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on 7/6/14 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 76post #1126 of 14194/30/13 at 9:47pmYou don't any s400's do you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 14194/30/13 at 9:54pmpost #1128 of 14194/30/13 at 10:16pmpost #1129 of 14194/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
heeee, in fact i had 3 sets, one was gifted away and kept 2 only. Selling one of my sets with the AKG pads, willing to pay for half of the shipping if anyone is interested. Shameless plug.
Mad disappointed WAYNE, thought you knew my gear inventory better, but guess not. : P Why you think i comment here if i didn't own them fool, wait.................... why you here then???post #1130 of 14194/30/13 at 10:30pmpost #1131 of 14194/30/13 at 10:41pmQuote:
It's ok, you're that alternate half that has amnesia cuz you are deprived of that godly Korean Hip Hop, here pump some of this into your system and it's gonna heal all your problems.
Here WAYNE if you haven't got this album already go DL it ASAP, cuz it sounds so freaken awesomesauce with my FXZ200s right now i can't even...... plus it makes for great burn-in material. I can't imagine how crazy it will sound with those CKS1Ks of yours.
Edited by sfwalcer - 4/30/13 at 10:42pmpost #1132 of 14194/30/13 at 11:04pmpost #1133 of 14195/1/13 at 6:22pmpost #1134 of 14195/3/13 at 11:40pmpost #1135 of 14195/3/13 at 11:52pmpost #1136 of 14195/3/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
well seeing as they are the s400...they'd be different. but what is the slit above the white strip? is it for decoration?post #1137 of 14195/3/13 at 11:54pmpost #1138 of 14195/4/13 at 12:03ampost #1139 of 14195/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Nothing under the white tape? when you take that off with the three screws, you can look behind it.post #1140 of 14195/6/13 at 5:30am
My AKG pads arrived today and what a great day, because today also marks the 200th hour of burn-in for those bad boys and I have been holding off doing modifications until I had them burnt in. But, my god are the AKGs more comfortable than the stock, the stock size is extremely uncomfortable for my ear shape I guess, I was in pain after 30 minutes of use. I seem to be able to have the headphones on forever with these new pads.
So I decided to do some modding, I had the Q-tip mod on the stock pads before I received the new ones today and having no experience in this I could hear some difference between stuffed and not stuffed pads. I chose to do the mod from charmerci and wow! I am completely amazed... the difference in sound is ridiculous, I didn't even expect to hear any difference at all and I was completely blown away.
I did not tape at all over the white cloth tape thingy and just taped the front and back of the plate holding the driver. Used an old thick cotton sock and some tape behind that for the other part of the headphone.
The sound coming from these headphones is just blowing my mind! Best of all, I spent less (or maybe equal) money than I have been spending on ****ty crap headphones in the past years!
I also tried stuffing the AKG pads after having done the tape mods and I found that when I did that, the vocals and cymbals became too distant, so I don't have the pads stuffed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 8 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › What kinds of headphones are used in a professional audio... 1 minute ago
- › What headphones would I like if I listen to this kind of music? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for original Etymotic ER4 cable 5 minutes ago
- › Let me Introduce myself and please help me to choose my Headphone !!! 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)