- 8,781 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500 thread. Last post on 4/25/16 at 6:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 76post #1126 of 14934/30/13 at 9:47pmYou don't any s400's do you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 14934/30/13 at 9:54pmpost #1128 of 14934/30/13 at 10:16pmpost #1129 of 14934/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
heeee, in fact i had 3 sets, one was gifted away and kept 2 only. Selling one of my sets with the AKG pads, willing to pay for half of the shipping if anyone is interested. Shameless plug.
Mad disappointed WAYNE, thought you knew my gear inventory better, but guess not. : P Why you think i comment here if i didn't own them fool, wait.................... why you here then???post #1130 of 14934/30/13 at 10:30pmpost #1131 of 14934/30/13 at 10:41pmQuote:
It's ok, you're that alternate half that has amnesia cuz you are deprived of that godly Korean Hip Hop, here pump some of this into your system and it's gonna heal all your problems.
Here WAYNE if you haven't got this album already go DL it ASAP, cuz it sounds so freaken awesomesauce with my FXZ200s right now i can't even...... plus it makes for great burn-in material. I can't imagine how crazy it will sound with those CKS1Ks of yours.
Edited by sfwalcer - 4/30/13 at 10:42pmpost #1132 of 14934/30/13 at 11:04pmpost #1133 of 14935/1/13 at 6:22pmpost #1134 of 14935/3/13 at 11:40pmpost #1135 of 14935/3/13 at 11:52pmpost #1136 of 14935/3/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
well seeing as they are the s400...they'd be different. but what is the slit above the white strip? is it for decoration?post #1137 of 14935/3/13 at 11:54pmpost #1138 of 14935/4/13 at 12:03ampost #1139 of 14935/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Nothing under the white tape? when you take that off with the three screws, you can look behind it.post #1140 of 14935/6/13 at 5:30am
My AKG pads arrived today and what a great day, because today also marks the 200th hour of burn-in for those bad boys and I have been holding off doing modifications until I had them burnt in. But, my god are the AKGs more comfortable than the stock, the stock size is extremely uncomfortable for my ear shape I guess, I was in pain after 30 minutes of use. I seem to be able to have the headphones on forever with these new pads.
So I decided to do some modding, I had the Q-tip mod on the stock pads before I received the new ones today and having no experience in this I could hear some difference between stuffed and not stuffed pads. I chose to do the mod from charmerci and wow! I am completely amazed... the difference in sound is ridiculous, I didn't even expect to hear any difference at all and I was completely blown away.
I did not tape at all over the white cloth tape thingy and just taped the front and back of the plate holding the driver. Used an old thick cotton sock and some tape behind that for the other part of the headphone.
The sound coming from these headphones is just blowing my mind! Best of all, I spent less (or maybe equal) money than I have been spending on ****ty crap headphones in the past years!
I also tried stuffing the AKG pads after having done the tape mods and I found that when I did that, the vocals and cymbals became too distant, so I don't have the pads stuffed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse