- 5,859 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on 9/12/14 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 76post #1126 of 14414/30/13 at 9:47pmYou don't any s400's do you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 14414/30/13 at 9:54pmpost #1128 of 14414/30/13 at 10:16pmpost #1129 of 14414/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
heeee, in fact i had 3 sets, one was gifted away and kept 2 only. Selling one of my sets with the AKG pads, willing to pay for half of the shipping if anyone is interested. Shameless plug.
Mad disappointed WAYNE, thought you knew my gear inventory better, but guess not. : P Why you think i comment here if i didn't own them fool, wait.................... why you here then???post #1130 of 14414/30/13 at 10:30pmpost #1131 of 14414/30/13 at 10:41pmQuote:
It's ok, you're that alternate half that has amnesia cuz you are deprived of that godly Korean Hip Hop, here pump some of this into your system and it's gonna heal all your problems.
Here WAYNE if you haven't got this album already go DL it ASAP, cuz it sounds so freaken awesomesauce with my FXZ200s right now i can't even...... plus it makes for great burn-in material. I can't imagine how crazy it will sound with those CKS1Ks of yours.
Edited by sfwalcer - 4/30/13 at 10:42pmpost #1132 of 14414/30/13 at 11:04pmpost #1133 of 14415/1/13 at 6:22pmpost #1134 of 14415/3/13 at 11:40pmpost #1135 of 14415/3/13 at 11:52pmpost #1136 of 14415/3/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
well seeing as they are the s400...they'd be different. but what is the slit above the white strip? is it for decoration?post #1137 of 14415/3/13 at 11:54pmpost #1138 of 14415/4/13 at 12:03ampost #1139 of 14415/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Nothing under the white tape? when you take that off with the three screws, you can look behind it.post #1140 of 14415/6/13 at 5:30am
My AKG pads arrived today and what a great day, because today also marks the 200th hour of burn-in for those bad boys and I have been holding off doing modifications until I had them burnt in. But, my god are the AKGs more comfortable than the stock, the stock size is extremely uncomfortable for my ear shape I guess, I was in pain after 30 minutes of use. I seem to be able to have the headphones on forever with these new pads.
So I decided to do some modding, I had the Q-tip mod on the stock pads before I received the new ones today and having no experience in this I could hear some difference between stuffed and not stuffed pads. I chose to do the mod from charmerci and wow! I am completely amazed... the difference in sound is ridiculous, I didn't even expect to hear any difference at all and I was completely blown away.
I did not tape at all over the white cloth tape thingy and just taped the front and back of the plate holding the driver. Used an old thick cotton sock and some tape behind that for the other part of the headphone.
The sound coming from these headphones is just blowing my mind! Best of all, I spent less (or maybe equal) money than I have been spending on ****ty crap headphones in the past years!
I also tried stuffing the AKG pads after having done the tape mods and I found that when I did that, the vocals and cymbals became too distant, so I don't have the pads stuffed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP30, anyone? 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 12 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)