- 4,756 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/2/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. Last post on Yesterday at 4:53 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. - Page 76post #1126 of 13334/30/13 at 9:47pmYou don't any s400's do you?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 13334/30/13 at 9:54pmpost #1128 of 13334/30/13 at 10:16pmpost #1129 of 13334/30/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
heeee, in fact i had 3 sets, one was gifted away and kept 2 only. Selling one of my sets with the AKG pads, willing to pay for half of the shipping if anyone is interested. Shameless plug.
Mad disappointed WAYNE, thought you knew my gear inventory better, but guess not. : P Why you think i comment here if i didn't own them fool, wait.................... why you here then???post #1130 of 13334/30/13 at 10:30pmpost #1131 of 13334/30/13 at 10:41pmQuote:
It's ok, you're that alternate half that has amnesia cuz you are deprived of that godly Korean Hip Hop, here pump some of this into your system and it's gonna heal all your problems.
Here WAYNE if you haven't got this album already go DL it ASAP, cuz it sounds so freaken awesomesauce with my FXZ200s right now i can't even...... plus it makes for great burn-in material. I can't imagine how crazy it will sound with those CKS1Ks of yours.
Edited by sfwalcer - 4/30/13 at 10:42pmpost #1132 of 13334/30/13 at 11:04pmpost #1133 of 13335/1/13 at 6:22pmpost #1134 of 13335/3/13 at 11:40pmpost #1135 of 13335/3/13 at 11:52pmpost #1136 of 13335/3/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
well seeing as they are the s400...they'd be different. but what is the slit above the white strip? is it for decoration?post #1137 of 13335/3/13 at 11:54pmpost #1138 of 13335/4/13 at 12:03ampost #1139 of 13335/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Nothing under the white tape? when you take that off with the three screws, you can look behind it.post #1140 of 13335/6/13 at 5:30am
My AKG pads arrived today and what a great day, because today also marks the 200th hour of burn-in for those bad boys and I have been holding off doing modifications until I had them burnt in. But, my god are the AKGs more comfortable than the stock, the stock size is extremely uncomfortable for my ear shape I guess, I was in pain after 30 minutes of use. I seem to be able to have the headphones on forever with these new pads.
So I decided to do some modding, I had the Q-tip mod on the stock pads before I received the new ones today and having no experience in this I could hear some difference between stuffed and not stuffed pads. I chose to do the mod from charmerci and wow! I am completely amazed... the difference in sound is ridiculous, I didn't even expect to hear any difference at all and I was completely blown away.
I did not tape at all over the white cloth tape thingy and just taped the front and back of the plate holding the driver. Used an old thick cotton sock and some tape behind that for the other part of the headphone.
The sound coming from these headphones is just blowing my mind! Best of all, I spent less (or maybe equal) money than I have been spending on ****ty crap headphones in the past years!
I also tried stuffing the AKG pads after having done the tape mods and I found that when I did that, the vocals and cymbals became too distant, so I don't have the pads stuffed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 28 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 53 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › $189 ALO Audio The Key USB DAC - 32-Bit / 384KHz with PCM5102A 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern 240 Box 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern 240 Box 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue, New IEM company from china with some promising models... 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude