If you use an over the ear phone under the ear the left and right channel is reversed. Does it matter or not? Are they made symmetric or not?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 59/6/12 at 5:50pm
If I'm not mistaken, most are symmetrical. But the signals sent to the 'phones are not. Which is probably why many 'phones have L/R markings.
I tend to notice that when the channels are switched, things sound... off. But as long as you have L going to the left and R going to the right, you won't have that problem.
Edited by SpartanD63 - 9/6/12 at 6:00pmpost #3 of 59/9/12 at 1:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 59/9/12 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 59/9/12 at 3:13pmQuote:
I can hear it for music. But then again, I'm a bit picky.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Home-Made IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › Do you collect vinyls? 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 530/HD 560 vs. HD 530 II/HD 560 II 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2