If you use an over the ear phone under the ear the left and right channel is reversed. Does it matter or not? Are they made symmetric or not?
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 59/6/12 at 5:50pm
If I'm not mistaken, most are symmetrical. But the signals sent to the 'phones are not. Which is probably why many 'phones have L/R markings.
I tend to notice that when the channels are switched, things sound... off. But as long as you have L going to the left and R going to the right, you won't have that problem.
Edited by SpartanD63 - 9/6/12 at 6:00pmpost #3 of 59/9/12 at 1:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 59/9/12 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 59/9/12 at 3:13pmQuote:
I can hear it for music. But then again, I'm a bit picky.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophile Music Player 4 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr (original - version 1) 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2