If you use an over the ear phone under the ear the left and right channel is reversed. Does it matter or not? Are they made symmetric or not?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 59/6/12 at 5:50pm
If I'm not mistaken, most are symmetrical. But the signals sent to the 'phones are not. Which is probably why many 'phones have L/R markings.
I tend to notice that when the channels are switched, things sound... off. But as long as you have L going to the left and R going to the right, you won't have that problem.
Edited by SpartanD63 - 9/6/12 at 6:00pmpost #3 of 59/9/12 at 1:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 59/9/12 at 2:57pmpost #5 of 59/9/12 at 3:13pmQuote:
I can hear it for music. But then again, I'm a bit picky.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Left or right reversable? Over the ear phones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 36 seconds ago
- › FT: Shure SRH-1840 for other Headphones 42 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Mid Range ($400-600) open headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)