He was just making fun of them
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 6post #77 of 21212/6/12 at 9:24ampost #78 of 21212/6/12 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by FanOftheV
I got the DNA's on Monday and had been burning them in with white and pink noise as that what people were telling me to do. I really like it the can's as they are comfortable for the most part, and the sound is surprisingly good for something with the Monster name on it. However, there is a caveat for me. The bass is a bit on the strong side. That said would the V-Moda M-80 I have seen mentioned here, be more or less the same SQ, but with bass that is bit more tame, or is there something else I should be looking out? I also noticed the Monster Vektr are about $22 more then than the DNA. Since these Monsters were a surprise, would those work for better for me? Thanks a bunch.
Yes, the M80 is a bit more balanced with less bass quantity. The DNAs are on the bass heavy side, but that is their intended sound. It's not nearly Beats level bass and muddiness, but it's still bass heavy with a lot more clarity across the other areas of the spectrum. Think M50 and Q40 from a full sized point of view. Still really great sounding, especially for genres like Pop, Hip Hop and Dubstep.post #79 of 21212/6/12 at 10:12ampost #80 of 21212/6/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Closer to the M80. The DNAs are just a touch more bass heavy than the M80s, tho I think the M80s are a bit cleaner and punchier. Not quite as bloated. The M80 is definitely a more balanced headphone, so if that's what you're looking for, then it's the way to go. I find the DNA a bit more comfy compared to the M80 tho. It really takes a few days for the M80s to conform to your ears where the DNAs just fit right from the beginning. The position fo the M80s seem to be more particular too where the DNAs are more forgiving.
The Q40 is M-Audio's full sized headphone.post #81 of 21212/6/12 at 10:22am
I am not sure if I am looking for more balanced, but I do know I want a more authentic(or would it be called natural) sounding cans, you know something that produces the songs as the artists intended. Which you feel has the better build, and durability? What about sound stage, and that intimacy factor? Thanks.
Edited by coldmack - 12/6/12 at 10:23ampost #82 of 21212/6/12 at 10:31am
The M80s are more authentic for sure. Bass seems to be the first thing that companies do to "change" the sound that the artist intended, just so they can appeal to more "everyday" users rather than audiophiles or guys/gals that want a more natural sound as you put it. The DNAs slightly recessed mids and bass bump would basically eliminate them if that's the sound you're looking for.
As for your other requirements, build, sound stage and isolation...the M80s win in all but the last category. Isolation is better on the DNAs but I also attribute that to the way they fit my head...perfectly. So that is certainly subjective based on your head size/shape.
It really sounds like you need to just pick up a pair of M80s and give em a shot. It appears those would tick more of your "want" boxes.post #83 of 21212/6/12 at 10:44am
They both sound like they really could be worth $200. I have tried a the DNA briefly and I was amazed how un-Beats and crappy it was. Now I need to try the V-Moda, and then DNA again with my own music and see, really which I like.
Do you know anything about the Monster Vektr, and if that would have a more balanced bass?post #84 of 21212/6/12 at 11:14ampost #85 of 21212/6/12 at 11:28ampost #86 of 21212/6/12 at 3:36pmpost #87 of 21212/6/12 at 4:05pm
So, far the DNA is more comfortable, and feels better on my ears vs the other two. In a quick and dirty test the DNA has more power(ie at the same volume), where everything is more pronounced(in a good way). But, at the same time the bass has a heavier kick to it, yet clearer. The Aviators sound too bright, and I feel like they could get to hot on my ears, specially in the summer. The M-80 sound less powerful, with less fidelity vs the DNA, but the bass is also more pleasing, though it is less clear. I am hoping burning in the M-80, and Aviators, more burning in of the DNA to solve some of these observations. Thankspost #88 of 21212/6/12 at 4:14pmQuote:
Whoa! That was quite a purchase there...post #89 of 21212/6/12 at 4:28pmThread Starterpost #90 of 21212/6/12 at 11:21pmQuote:
It's amazing how comfortable the DNAs are...especially compared to other on-ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 40 seconds ago
- › Getting new IEMs, any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › Need help with my SE315's 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear