He was just making fun of them
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noontec Zoro Re- Imagined: ZORO II HD Impressions thread Last post on 1/23/15 at 9:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How do you justify buying headphones without replaceable pads? Last post on 1/20/15 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 6post #77 of 21012/6/12 at 9:24ampost #78 of 21012/6/12 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by FanOftheV
I got the DNA's on Monday and had been burning them in with white and pink noise as that what people were telling me to do. I really like it the can's as they are comfortable for the most part, and the sound is surprisingly good for something with the Monster name on it. However, there is a caveat for me. The bass is a bit on the strong side. That said would the V-Moda M-80 I have seen mentioned here, be more or less the same SQ, but with bass that is bit more tame, or is there something else I should be looking out? I also noticed the Monster Vektr are about $22 more then than the DNA. Since these Monsters were a surprise, would those work for better for me? Thanks a bunch.
Yes, the M80 is a bit more balanced with less bass quantity. The DNAs are on the bass heavy side, but that is their intended sound. It's not nearly Beats level bass and muddiness, but it's still bass heavy with a lot more clarity across the other areas of the spectrum. Think M50 and Q40 from a full sized point of view. Still really great sounding, especially for genres like Pop, Hip Hop and Dubstep.post #79 of 21012/6/12 at 10:12ampost #80 of 21012/6/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Closer to the M80. The DNAs are just a touch more bass heavy than the M80s, tho I think the M80s are a bit cleaner and punchier. Not quite as bloated. The M80 is definitely a more balanced headphone, so if that's what you're looking for, then it's the way to go. I find the DNA a bit more comfy compared to the M80 tho. It really takes a few days for the M80s to conform to your ears where the DNAs just fit right from the beginning. The position fo the M80s seem to be more particular too where the DNAs are more forgiving.
The Q40 is M-Audio's full sized headphone.post #81 of 21012/6/12 at 10:22am
I am not sure if I am looking for more balanced, but I do know I want a more authentic(or would it be called natural) sounding cans, you know something that produces the songs as the artists intended. Which you feel has the better build, and durability? What about sound stage, and that intimacy factor? Thanks.
Edited by coldmack - 12/6/12 at 10:23ampost #82 of 21012/6/12 at 10:31am
The M80s are more authentic for sure. Bass seems to be the first thing that companies do to "change" the sound that the artist intended, just so they can appeal to more "everyday" users rather than audiophiles or guys/gals that want a more natural sound as you put it. The DNAs slightly recessed mids and bass bump would basically eliminate them if that's the sound you're looking for.
As for your other requirements, build, sound stage and isolation...the M80s win in all but the last category. Isolation is better on the DNAs but I also attribute that to the way they fit my head...perfectly. So that is certainly subjective based on your head size/shape.
It really sounds like you need to just pick up a pair of M80s and give em a shot. It appears those would tick more of your "want" boxes.post #83 of 21012/6/12 at 10:44am
They both sound like they really could be worth $200. I have tried a the DNA briefly and I was amazed how un-Beats and crappy it was. Now I need to try the V-Moda, and then DNA again with my own music and see, really which I like.
Do you know anything about the Monster Vektr, and if that would have a more balanced bass?post #84 of 21012/6/12 at 11:14ampost #85 of 21012/6/12 at 11:28ampost #86 of 21012/6/12 at 3:36pmpost #87 of 21012/6/12 at 4:05pm
So, far the DNA is more comfortable, and feels better on my ears vs the other two. In a quick and dirty test the DNA has more power(ie at the same volume), where everything is more pronounced(in a good way). But, at the same time the bass has a heavier kick to it, yet clearer. The Aviators sound too bright, and I feel like they could get to hot on my ears, specially in the summer. The M-80 sound less powerful, with less fidelity vs the DNA, but the bass is also more pleasing, though it is less clear. I am hoping burning in the M-80, and Aviators, more burning in of the DNA to solve some of these observations. Thankspost #88 of 21012/6/12 at 4:14pmQuote:
Whoa! That was quite a purchase there...post #89 of 21012/6/12 at 4:28pmThread Starterpost #90 of 21012/6/12 at 11:21pmQuote:
It's amazing how comfortable the DNAs are...especially compared to other on-ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 30 seconds ago
- › Newly Released Sennheiser CX Series Earphones: In particular, the... 3 minutes ago
- › The 3D Printer Thread! :D 6 minutes ago
- › If you could only buy one, Westone W60 ($999), Shure SE846 ($999)... 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 12 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 12 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3