Good to see this thread come alive since the DNAs are legitimately awesome headphones...too bad no one is talking about them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 5post #61 of 21211/4/12 at 9:49pmpost #62 of 21211/4/12 at 10:10pmQuote:
OT: SoCal Head-Fier? You should come to the next L.A. Meet (check out my sig)!post #63 of 21211/25/12 at 10:21ampost #64 of 21211/27/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I will talk about these. After asking HiFiGuy how they fared against the Diamond Tears, I picked up the DNA (on sale at Future Shop) yesterday. I was curious and had the full money-back 30 day return option. Looking at them, I expected nothing and was assuming I'd bring them back in a couple of days. Instead I got everything.
They are awesome. They have it all. Bass punch, bass extension, midrange clarity, smooth but extended treble without brightness, dynamics, PRAT. A fun and exciting listen but in a natural, unforced way.
I think there might be a slight bass emphasis, but it's in the lower/mid bass area, not in the usual mid/upper bass, where everything in that region gets overcooked, then bleeds into the midrange. There is no blurry bleed from the bass into the mids and treble on the DNA. In other words, recordings that have information in the lower/mid bass will come through clean on the DNA, but it will not "make up" bass that does not exist. So I'm not sure that an emphasis exists, since the bass seems to only appear when called for.
I thought I was hearing a very slight honk/nasal sound on a couple of vocals but it seemed that, again, it's recording dependent. I played three different Marc Jordan recordings, one sounded a bit honky in the vocal, the other two didn't.
So no boomy midbass, no scooped out midrange, no screechy or rolled off top end. Tight, dynamic punchy music. This may appeal to a few of you. Make that a lot of you!post #65 of 21211/27/12 at 8:06ampost #66 of 21211/27/12 at 8:56amQuote:
That's what I've been trying to say, but hardly anyone has tried these things! They are awesome. Everyone needs to ignore the logo on the headband and give em a try. Even at $199 they hold their own. On sale, they seem to be ahead of the pack.post #67 of 21211/27/12 at 9:43am
They are on display in Best Buy. First things first. They look too 'bling-bling' to be considered a headphone for me. Next the isolation is really bad, even the Ludacris Soul (which is also on display) had better isolation than this. Even though both are on-ear, ludacris soul isolated the sound 10 times better.
My point being, once you get a good seal, the headphone by itself will make your players sing! A properly fitting seal is more important for me than a costly player, amplifier etc.post #68 of 21211/27/12 at 3:27pmpost #69 of 21211/27/12 at 4:10pmpost #70 of 21211/27/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
I had the Perspirations. Hyped bass and treble, fat and slow, so the mids were a pig in a hammock.post #71 of 21212/5/12 at 1:41pmpost #72 of 21212/5/12 at 1:42pmpost #73 of 21212/5/12 at 7:17pmpost #74 of 21212/5/12 at 7:58pmpost #75 of 21212/5/12 at 9:57pm
I got the DNA's on Monday and had been burning them in with white and pink noise as that what people were telling me to do. I really like it the can's as they are comfortable for the most part, and the sound is surprisingly good for something with the Monster name on it. However, there is a caveat for me. The bass is a bit on the strong side. That said would the V-Moda M-80 I have seen mentioned here, be more or less the same SQ, but with bass that is bit more tame, or is there something else I should be looking out? I also noticed the Monster Vektr are about $22 more then than the DNA. Since these Monsters were a surprise, would those work for better for me? Thanks a bunch.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 23 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Elecom products- are they any good? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...