Good to see this thread come alive since the DNAs are legitimately awesome headphones...too bad no one is talking about them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 5post #61 of 21211/4/12 at 9:49pmpost #62 of 21211/4/12 at 10:10pmQuote:
OT: SoCal Head-Fier? You should come to the next L.A. Meet (check out my sig)!post #63 of 21211/25/12 at 10:21ampost #64 of 21211/27/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I will talk about these. After asking HiFiGuy how they fared against the Diamond Tears, I picked up the DNA (on sale at Future Shop) yesterday. I was curious and had the full money-back 30 day return option. Looking at them, I expected nothing and was assuming I'd bring them back in a couple of days. Instead I got everything.
They are awesome. They have it all. Bass punch, bass extension, midrange clarity, smooth but extended treble without brightness, dynamics, PRAT. A fun and exciting listen but in a natural, unforced way.
I think there might be a slight bass emphasis, but it's in the lower/mid bass area, not in the usual mid/upper bass, where everything in that region gets overcooked, then bleeds into the midrange. There is no blurry bleed from the bass into the mids and treble on the DNA. In other words, recordings that have information in the lower/mid bass will come through clean on the DNA, but it will not "make up" bass that does not exist. So I'm not sure that an emphasis exists, since the bass seems to only appear when called for.
I thought I was hearing a very slight honk/nasal sound on a couple of vocals but it seemed that, again, it's recording dependent. I played three different Marc Jordan recordings, one sounded a bit honky in the vocal, the other two didn't.
So no boomy midbass, no scooped out midrange, no screechy or rolled off top end. Tight, dynamic punchy music. This may appeal to a few of you. Make that a lot of you!post #65 of 21211/27/12 at 8:06ampost #66 of 21211/27/12 at 8:56amQuote:
That's what I've been trying to say, but hardly anyone has tried these things! They are awesome. Everyone needs to ignore the logo on the headband and give em a try. Even at $199 they hold their own. On sale, they seem to be ahead of the pack.post #67 of 21211/27/12 at 9:43am
They are on display in Best Buy. First things first. They look too 'bling-bling' to be considered a headphone for me. Next the isolation is really bad, even the Ludacris Soul (which is also on display) had better isolation than this. Even though both are on-ear, ludacris soul isolated the sound 10 times better.
My point being, once you get a good seal, the headphone by itself will make your players sing! A properly fitting seal is more important for me than a costly player, amplifier etc.post #68 of 21211/27/12 at 3:27pmpost #69 of 21211/27/12 at 4:10pmpost #70 of 21211/27/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
I had the Perspirations. Hyped bass and treble, fat and slow, so the mids were a pig in a hammock.post #71 of 21212/5/12 at 1:41pmpost #72 of 21212/5/12 at 1:42pmpost #73 of 21212/5/12 at 7:17pmpost #74 of 21212/5/12 at 7:58pmpost #75 of 21212/5/12 at 9:57pm
I got the DNA's on Monday and had been burning them in with white and pink noise as that what people were telling me to do. I really like it the can's as they are comfortable for the most part, and the sound is surprisingly good for something with the Monster name on it. However, there is a caveat for me. The bass is a bit on the strong side. That said would the V-Moda M-80 I have seen mentioned here, be more or less the same SQ, but with bass that is bit more tame, or is there something else I should be looking out? I also noticed the Monster Vektr are about $22 more then than the DNA. Since these Monsters were a surprise, would those work for better for me? Thanks a bunch.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 15 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 39 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 54 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones advice, Grado sr225e vs sr325e or alternatives 3 minutes ago
- › In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2