Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NEW! Monster DNA headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 4

post #46 of 192

Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.

post #47 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchies View Post

Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.

 

Says you.  I think they look significantly better.  Especially in black/chrome.

post #48 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchies View Post

Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.

They may not look as good but they still look good.

post #49 of 192

I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.

post #50 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15avigil View Post

I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.

 

 

how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?

post #51 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15avigil View Post

I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.

They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.
post #52 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

 

I like the DNA as well.  I think it's a good sounding headphones with all the features a portable headphone should have.

 

How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?

post #53 of 192
It's funny that they claim to make the world's best headphones.
They say
by Monster, makers of the world's best headphones...
or something like that.
post #54 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?

According to hifiguy and a couple of other youtubers the diamond tears are the best sounding monster headphones. Since the dna competes with the vmoda m80 then that means the diamond tears must be good for the price.

post #55 of 192

It's look very nice, hope it gonna be great :)

post #56 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

It's interesting how they take what's likely the same driver as the beats and repackage it over and over.

Sorry I missed the replies to my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


So I take it you've heard the Beats and the headphones in the DNA series?  Or are you just speculating? 

The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELee View Post

Nice try. The drivers are not the same.
Unqualified statements like these turn forums for useful information into "village people" rant sites. Please try to make informed posts and not to turn these threads into campaigns against large manufacturers like Monster.

Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.


Edited by Kunlun - 11/4/12 at 7:56pm
post #57 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchies View Post

Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.

I think they look quite badass! Just tried the Monster "Diamond something"(forgot it's name) at future shop and it is quite good! Really fun sounding headphones.

post #58 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.

 

Really?  Didn't know that.  Who's the admin in question?

post #59 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Really?  Didn't know that.  Who's the admin in question?


KWKarth

post #60 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post


KWKarth

 

Thanks!  So wow, we've got full-on industry insiders as admins around here!  cool.gif  Cool...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NEW! Monster DNA headphones