Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 4post #47 of 21210/25/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
Says you. I think they look significantly better. Especially in black/chrome.post #48 of 21210/25/12 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 21210/25/12 at 8:23pm
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.post #50 of 21210/25/12 at 8:36pmQuote:
how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?post #51 of 21210/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.post #52 of 21211/2/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?post #53 of 21211/4/12 at 3:48pmpost #54 of 21211/4/12 at 6:08pm
According to hifiguy and a couple of other youtubers the diamond tears are the best sounding monster headphones. Since the dna competes with the vmoda m80 then that means the diamond tears must be good for the price.post #55 of 21211/4/12 at 6:47pmpost #56 of 21211/4/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
Sorry I missed the replies to my post:Quote:
The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.Quote:
Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.
Edited by Kunlun - 11/4/12 at 7:56pmpost #57 of 21211/4/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I think they look quite badass! Just tried the Monster "Diamond something"(forgot it's name) at future shop and it is quite good! Really fun sounding headphones.post #58 of 21211/4/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kunlun
confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.
Really? Didn't know that. Who's the admin in question?post #59 of 21211/4/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 21211/4/12 at 8:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › There's a new Sheriff in town! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear