Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 4post #47 of 21210/25/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
Says you. I think they look significantly better. Especially in black/chrome.post #48 of 21210/25/12 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 21210/25/12 at 8:23pm
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.post #50 of 21210/25/12 at 8:36pmQuote:
how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?post #51 of 21210/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.post #52 of 21211/2/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?post #53 of 21211/4/12 at 3:48pmpost #54 of 21211/4/12 at 6:08pm
According to hifiguy and a couple of other youtubers the diamond tears are the best sounding monster headphones. Since the dna competes with the vmoda m80 then that means the diamond tears must be good for the price.post #55 of 21211/4/12 at 6:47pmpost #56 of 21211/4/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
Sorry I missed the replies to my post:Quote:
The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.Quote:
Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.
Edited by Kunlun - 11/4/12 at 7:56pmpost #57 of 21211/4/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I think they look quite badass! Just tried the Monster "Diamond something"(forgot it's name) at future shop and it is quite good! Really fun sounding headphones.post #58 of 21211/4/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kunlun
confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.
Really? Didn't know that. Who's the admin in question?post #59 of 21211/4/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 21211/4/12 at 8:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 22 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › [US TOUR] Cayin iDAC-6 (Dual AK4490 DAC) and iHA-6 (Full Balanced... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for Headphones < 250 USD/€ (or maybe <400 USD/€) 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Um Pro30 Smokie 4 minutes ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...