Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 4post #47 of 21210/25/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
Says you. I think they look significantly better. Especially in black/chrome.post #48 of 21210/25/12 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 21210/25/12 at 8:23pm
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.post #50 of 21210/25/12 at 8:36pmQuote:
how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?post #51 of 21210/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.post #52 of 21211/2/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?post #53 of 21211/4/12 at 3:48pmpost #54 of 21211/4/12 at 6:08pm
According to hifiguy and a couple of other youtubers the diamond tears are the best sounding monster headphones. Since the dna competes with the vmoda m80 then that means the diamond tears must be good for the price.post #55 of 21211/4/12 at 6:47pmpost #56 of 21211/4/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
Sorry I missed the replies to my post:Quote:
The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.Quote:
Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.
Edited by Kunlun - 11/4/12 at 7:56pmpost #57 of 21211/4/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I think they look quite badass! Just tried the Monster "Diamond something"(forgot it's name) at future shop and it is quite good! Really fun sounding headphones.post #58 of 21211/4/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kunlun
confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.
Really? Didn't know that. Who's the admin in question?post #59 of 21211/4/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 21211/4/12 at 8:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 24 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 36 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear