Probably won't be as popular because they don't 'look' as good as Beats.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
NEW! Monster DNA headphones - Page 4post #47 of 21210/25/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
Says you. I think they look significantly better. Especially in black/chrome.post #48 of 21210/25/12 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 21210/25/12 at 8:23pm
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.post #50 of 21210/25/12 at 8:36pmQuote:
how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?post #51 of 21210/25/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.post #52 of 21211/2/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?post #53 of 21211/4/12 at 3:48pmpost #54 of 21211/4/12 at 6:08pm
According to hifiguy and a couple of other youtubers the diamond tears are the best sounding monster headphones. Since the dna competes with the vmoda m80 then that means the diamond tears must be good for the price.post #55 of 21211/4/12 at 6:47pmpost #56 of 21211/4/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
Sorry I missed the replies to my post:Quote:
The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.Quote:
Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.
Edited by Kunlun - 11/4/12 at 7:56pmpost #57 of 21211/4/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I think they look quite badass! Just tried the Monster "Diamond something"(forgot it's name) at future shop and it is quite good! Really fun sounding headphones.post #58 of 21211/4/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kunlun
confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.
Really? Didn't know that. Who's the admin in question?post #59 of 21211/4/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 21211/4/12 at 8:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman HE-560 (MINT!) 2 seconds ago
- › Mystery of missing people 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 6 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2