First time buying a decent set of headphones. Does anyone have any recommendations for under $100? Looking for over ear and preferably noise cancelling.
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Budget quality headphones Last post on 8/9/12 at 12:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones w/ detachable cord on budget Last post on 1/20/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A newbie's first pair of Real headphones, any recommendations? <$150 shipped Last post on 11/14/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking For A Good Pair Of Over Ear Headphones For Under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/5/12 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 109/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #4 of 109/5/12 at 9:45pm
Brainwavz HM5 ...superb isolation, though technically not noise cancellation...
good with many genres.. v comfy,,v light on the head.. cheapcheap.
its hardy enough to throw into your napsack..
if u dun mind the size.post #5 of 109/9/12 at 8:22amThread Starterpost #6 of 109/9/12 at 8:49ampost #7 of 109/9/12 at 10:46ampost #8 of 109/9/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 109/11/12 at 3:39pmQuote:
On another note here, all of the noise canceling headphones I have tried in your price range cannot even come close to the sound and bass that the red waves can make. Honestly, when you play some music on them, and put them on your ears, you can't even hear yourself clap in front of your face. That. Good. I think you should definitely get them. You won't regret it.post #10 of 109/11/12 at 3:53pmQuote:
The Ultrasone HFI-450 They are underrated Imo but the sound quality and isolation is pretty decent. Bass is punchy.
- Looking For A Good Pair Of Over Ear Headphones For Under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser IE 80 Bassy..?? 5 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 1 minute ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 2 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 3 minutes ago
- › Tube amp for metal? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 uber vs Vali for Sennheiser HD700 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones that imitate full sized speakers? 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Any reccommendations for excellent AMP/DAC combo for DT880 250ohm? 9 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3