First time buying a decent set of headphones. Does anyone have any recommendations for under $100? Looking for over ear and preferably noise cancelling.
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Budget quality headphones Last post on 8/9/12 at 12:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones w/ detachable cord on budget Last post on 1/20/13 at 6:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A newbie's first pair of Real headphones, any recommendations? <$150 shipped Last post on 11/14/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Looking For A Good Pair Of Over Ear Headphones For Under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/5/12 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 109/5/12 at 9:28pmpost #4 of 109/5/12 at 9:45pm
Brainwavz HM5 ...superb isolation, though technically not noise cancellation...
good with many genres.. v comfy,,v light on the head.. cheapcheap.
its hardy enough to throw into your napsack..
if u dun mind the size.post #5 of 109/9/12 at 8:22amThread Starterpost #6 of 109/9/12 at 8:49ampost #7 of 109/9/12 at 10:46ampost #8 of 109/9/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 109/11/12 at 3:39pmQuote:
On another note here, all of the noise canceling headphones I have tried in your price range cannot even come close to the sound and bass that the red waves can make. Honestly, when you play some music on them, and put them on your ears, you can't even hear yourself clap in front of your face. That. Good. I think you should definitely get them. You won't regret it.post #10 of 109/11/12 at 3:53pmQuote:
The Ultrasone HFI-450 They are underrated Imo but the sound quality and isolation is pretty decent. Bass is punchy.
- Looking For A Good Pair Of Over Ear Headphones For Under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › $100 phones - what to buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 3 minutes ago
- › SF meet in a month or two? 3 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 5 minutes ago
- › Bigman 18 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2