- 48 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productHTC One X with Beats Audio Unlocked GSM Android SmartPhone - (Grey)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia 808 PureView Black Factory Unlocked 41MP GPS PENTA BAND 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia N8 Unlocked GSM Touchscreen Phone Featuring GPS with Voice Navigation and 12 MP Camera--U.S. Version with Warranty (Gray)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia N91 4 GB Unlocked Cell Phone with 2 MP Camera, International 3G, Wi-Fi, MP3/Video Player--International Version with Warranty (Silver)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy Note IItagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S I9000GT 8GBtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S II HDtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, Blue 16GB (AT&T)tagged by System, 9/24/12More
- productSamsung i5800 Galaxy 3 Touchscreen Phonetagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony Ericsson Xperia X10 Unlocked Phone with Android OS, 8.1 MP Camera, QWERTY Keyboard and GPS - US Warranty - Sensuous Blacktagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony Xperia ION LT28i Factory Unlocked GSM Cellular Phone - International Version (Black)tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- First impression Samsung Galaxy note 2 vs Galaxy S 3 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- nokia 808 pureview vs n8 Last post on 2/19/14 at 11:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- smartphone for music quality Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung Galaxy S II HD....... Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:58pm in Portable Source Gear
- Nokai Lumia 900 Last post on 11/17/12 at 2:26am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
best smart phone for music (no apple) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it sounds pretty good for a phone. Much better than the crappy Samsung Galaxy S2 that I had before anyway. I only use my phone when I'm at school. At home, I just pull out my HDP-R10.
It pretty much sums up what I heard.
I got a GSM S3 (I9300) after that, and it is heaven in comparison (w/Poweramp or Neutron). Only thing I have done to it so far is a simple root/hardware volume fix and am very happy.
I'm not certain about US models, but int'l Note2 has same Exynos + Wolfson DAC as int'l GS3.
I've been using my Meizu MX as my primary DAP for a while now, and it's honestly a great little device. USB Audio Recorder PRO is supposed to allow me to use USB audio, but I haven't managed to get that working yet; my only DAC is the FiiO E17, which is not quite a normal DAC, so that might be the cause.
The Panvi MCTO dock looks like an awesome little addition, but is still a work in progress. With some polish, though, it'll be pretty much everything an Android phone user can want; USB OTG, lineout, coaxial out, and HDMI out of a powered device are pretty awesome promises.
Anyone bought the Vivo xplay 3s yet? I am trying to source audio reviews on the built in DAC and the 11.1 surround sound built in sound processor chip....need to know whether to purchase or not.
Edited by lifesaball - 1/16/14 at 5:52am
- best smart phone for music (no apple)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MA750,DN1000 or M200 for the road 1 second ago
- › Balanced cables for normal IEMs? 43 seconds ago
- › Which DAC to get for my HD650 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob