- 48 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productHTC One X with Beats Audio Unlocked GSM Android SmartPhone - (Grey)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia 808 PureView Black Factory Unlocked 41MP GPS PENTA BAND 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia N8 Unlocked GSM Touchscreen Phone Featuring GPS with Voice Navigation and 12 MP Camera--U.S. Version with Warranty (Gray)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productNokia N91 4 GB Unlocked Cell Phone with 2 MP Camera, International 3G, Wi-Fi, MP3/Video Player--International Version with Warranty (Silver)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy Note IItagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S I9000GT 8GBtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S II HDtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, Blue 16GB (AT&T)tagged by System, 9/24/12More
- productSamsung i5800 Galaxy 3 Touchscreen Phonetagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony Ericsson Xperia X10 Unlocked Phone with Android OS, 8.1 MP Camera, QWERTY Keyboard and GPS - US Warranty - Sensuous Blacktagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony Xperia ION LT28i Factory Unlocked GSM Cellular Phone - International Version (Black)tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- First impression Samsung Galaxy note 2 vs Galaxy S 3 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- nokia 808 pureview vs n8 Last post on 2/19/14 at 11:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- smartphone for music quality Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung Galaxy S II HD....... Last post on 6/4/12 at 1:58pm in Portable Source Gear
- Nokai Lumia 900 Last post on 11/17/12 at 2:26am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
best smart phone for music (no apple) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it sounds pretty good for a phone. Much better than the crappy Samsung Galaxy S2 that I had before anyway. I only use my phone when I'm at school. At home, I just pull out my HDP-R10.
It pretty much sums up what I heard.
I got a GSM S3 (I9300) after that, and it is heaven in comparison (w/Poweramp or Neutron). Only thing I have done to it so far is a simple root/hardware volume fix and am very happy.
I'm not certain about US models, but int'l Note2 has same Exynos + Wolfson DAC as int'l GS3.
I've been using my Meizu MX as my primary DAP for a while now, and it's honestly a great little device. USB Audio Recorder PRO is supposed to allow me to use USB audio, but I haven't managed to get that working yet; my only DAC is the FiiO E17, which is not quite a normal DAC, so that might be the cause.
The Panvi MCTO dock looks like an awesome little addition, but is still a work in progress. With some polish, though, it'll be pretty much everything an Android phone user can want; USB OTG, lineout, coaxial out, and HDMI out of a powered device are pretty awesome promises.
Anyone bought the Vivo xplay 3s yet? I am trying to source audio reviews on the built in DAC and the 11.1 surround sound built in sound processor chip....need to know whether to purchase or not.
Edited by lifesaball - 1/16/14 at 5:52am
- best smart phone for music (no apple)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 4 minutes ago
- › Inexpensive Hifiman Cable 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › To Bluetooth or not to Bluetooth 9 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude