So, I am looking to purchase a new set of headphones, and I was hoping I could get some advice from the knowledgeable members of Head-fi.org.
Here are the details:
- I have had the ATH-M50s for ~ 2 years, and I love them. They are great.
- A need another pair of headphones. Since this is the case, I wouldn't mind upgrading if there is something good in my price range.
- I am hoping to spend less than $350
- I primarily want to use my headphones for PC music listening > movie watching > gaming.
- I do not have a dedicated headphone amp, and don't really want to pay for one at the moment.
- I do have the Asus Xonar Essence STX that I am using for a headphone amp. I would like to maximize this soundcards potential if possible.
- I am perfectly fine buying another pair of M50s if there isn't a better option (Based on your recommendations).
A couple headphones I am considering:
Beyerdynamic DT 880:
So, that's it. Your input is very welcome.