Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping. - Page 16

post #226 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


You should have told them this is also a family reunion with your extended family from headfi ;).

you know that is a hard argument to use in order to win :(

post #227 of 238

lol I know and probably one that would get you hit over the head with a bat ;).
 

post #228 of 238

Seems like a good turnout. Thanks to the organisers. And HD800 is player of the match it seems? 

post #229 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

Seems like a good turnout. Thanks to the organisers. And HD800 is player of the match it seems? 
as someone mentioned, with different sources and amps, HD800 can sound great (amazingly - even the unmodded ones). [previous meets I didn't like it at all, this time I liked it a lot, maybe my HF hearing is finally going deaf biggrin.gif ] In some cases, you could have a set-up that makes it thin and harsh.
It felt very comfortable as well. :\
Edited by svyr - 1/20/13 at 4:07am
post #230 of 238

Perhaps the times when I heard it they weren't properly amped/cabled or whichever. It would be nice to try it again. I did have sibilance issues also with some Pink Floyd songs when I tried them a while back. Still would have liked to have made it and heard it myself. I can't believe some people chose the birth of their second child over Can con!! Congrats btw.

 

So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

post #231 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

Perhaps the times when I heard it they weren't properly amped/cabled or whichever. It would be nice to try it again. I did have sibilance issues also with some Pink Floyd songs when I tried them a while back. Still would have liked to have made it and heard it myself. I can't believe some people chose the birth of their second child over Can con!! Congrats btw.

So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

> or whichever

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

biggrin.gif it's a bit more hardcore than cables

>So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

yep.
post #232 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


as someone mentioned, with different sources and amps, HD800 can sound great (amazingly - even the unmodded ones). [previous meets I didn't like it at all, this time I liked it a lot, maybe my HF hearing is finally going deaf biggrin.gif ] In some cases, you could have a set-up that makes it thin and harsh.
It felt very comfortable as well. :\

 

If it's my HD800 that you're talking about then maybe the thing to consider is burn-in?

There is a chance that some of the HD800's in the previous meets would have been fairly new out of the box...

I found the stock cables really good and not really worthwhile modding, unlike HD650.

 

That Anaxilus mod thing looks interesting. Then again if I wanted more mid bass then I would use HD650...

post #233 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


> or whichever

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diy-modification-sennheiser-hd-800-anaxilus-mod

biggrin.gif it's a bit more hardcore than cables

>So did the TH-900 make an appearance? 

yep.

 

I see...just thought there might be some mention of these closed cans. Yeh it could also have been a synergy issue with the amps to match the HD800. I'm told that can sometimes be a hit or miss rather than the difference between good and great.

post #234 of 238
Thread Starter 
Finishing the RDP+ review [editing], passed them to mrAdrian as next biggrin.gif . If anyone else wants to give them a go and write some impressions before they go to Japan, please PM me.

Edited by svyr - 1/23/13 at 5:51am
post #235 of 238

Hi all, bit of newb. Not meaning to dig up on past events, but how often do these occur in Sydney? Keen on coming along to one next time and I just want to get an idea on when one might be (without continually referring back to this section).

post #236 of 238

I cant believe I missed out on this : (     will check this area more frequently.

 

Someone organize one soon !!!!!!!

post #237 of 238

[Open for everyone]

 

We will be holding a mini-meet on this coming Thursday afternoon (11/04/13 5pm) at UNSW but others are welcomed! There will not be hours for people to trial gears, but would be a great after-work/school session to meet a few friends and demo a little bit.

 

Just great to know others inside the same hobby!

 

pm for details!

 

Adrian

post #238 of 238

Can Con 4: http://www.head-fi.org/t/704873/can-con-4-sydney-australia-meet

 

Be quick it is this Sunday!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.