not sure if bashing or advertising =P
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 9/10/12More
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 9/10/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 239/4/12 at 10:44pm
tma 1? i remember once upon a time i was at jaben msia with my friend testing various headphones. he asked me to try certain headphone and i thought it sounded like 6 feet of bass and asked him the price, approx $160 once converted and tax applied. i crawled back to the shelter of my own headphones. what a terrible headphone im so surprised it got positive reviews here and there
so anyway xb700 for deep bass and xb500 for loadsabass
hope this helps^^
Edited by streetdragon - 9/4/12 at 10:46pmpost #18 of 239/4/12 at 11:14pm
I was going to recommend the Dennon 2k's for insane, head rumbling sub bass, but you said Beats were too expensive and D2k's run the same price new, though it's pretty easy to find a used pair for $200. I think the Dennons definitely need an amp to get that bass going.
Maybe look into the Noontech Zoro's? I haven't heard them, just Tyll's review, they're basically Beats ripoffs in looks, but apparently sound far better and are only $100. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro
If you're a basshead, I'd suggest looking into the Digizoid Z02 portable amp at some point too. It would be another $100 investment, but it will pump more juice into your cans and has a built in EQ-like feature that basically allows you to throttle bass up as you desire. I don't listen to much music that features sub bass, but occasionally I would put a song on with the D2k's and crank the Z02 just for fun, it would seriously rattle your brain.post #19 of 239/5/12 at 2:47amStart with the XB700. They're fantastic for $80, scale well, and are EQ-friendly. That deep bass goes hellishly deep.
The XB500 has strong mid bass, but sound like crap otherwise.post #20 of 239/5/12 at 2:48am
If, The M-audio Q40's haven't been mentioned they may me something to look into. I find mine to be awesome with bass oriented music, but then again I haven't heard many other closed headphones to compare. But being able to get them at about $120 there good if you want a nice smooth headphone with pronounced bass.post #21 of 2311/17/12 at 10:20pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.post #22 of 2311/17/12 at 10:43pm
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...post #23 of 2311/20/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...
thanks man. I will definately consider. I've found however that the amp i use greatly improves the mids of the XB700's.
- Dubstep Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Am I a heartless monster... 15 seconds ago
- › Need some advice/help on picking between the ATH R70x and the ATH... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Old cans getting tired, need something as good or better: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › need help with figuring out my ELC without reference grade gear 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...