not sure if bashing or advertising =P
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 9/10/12More
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 9/10/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 239/4/12 at 10:44pm
tma 1? i remember once upon a time i was at jaben msia with my friend testing various headphones. he asked me to try certain headphone and i thought it sounded like 6 feet of bass and asked him the price, approx $160 once converted and tax applied. i crawled back to the shelter of my own headphones. what a terrible headphone im so surprised it got positive reviews here and there
so anyway xb700 for deep bass and xb500 for loadsabass
hope this helps^^
Edited by streetdragon - 9/4/12 at 10:46pmpost #18 of 239/4/12 at 11:14pm
I was going to recommend the Dennon 2k's for insane, head rumbling sub bass, but you said Beats were too expensive and D2k's run the same price new, though it's pretty easy to find a used pair for $200. I think the Dennons definitely need an amp to get that bass going.
Maybe look into the Noontech Zoro's? I haven't heard them, just Tyll's review, they're basically Beats ripoffs in looks, but apparently sound far better and are only $100. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro
If you're a basshead, I'd suggest looking into the Digizoid Z02 portable amp at some point too. It would be another $100 investment, but it will pump more juice into your cans and has a built in EQ-like feature that basically allows you to throttle bass up as you desire. I don't listen to much music that features sub bass, but occasionally I would put a song on with the D2k's and crank the Z02 just for fun, it would seriously rattle your brain.post #19 of 239/5/12 at 2:47amStart with the XB700. They're fantastic for $80, scale well, and are EQ-friendly. That deep bass goes hellishly deep.
The XB500 has strong mid bass, but sound like crap otherwise.post #20 of 239/5/12 at 2:48am
If, The M-audio Q40's haven't been mentioned they may me something to look into. I find mine to be awesome with bass oriented music, but then again I haven't heard many other closed headphones to compare. But being able to get them at about $120 there good if you want a nice smooth headphone with pronounced bass.post #21 of 2311/17/12 at 10:20pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.post #22 of 2311/17/12 at 10:43pm
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...post #23 of 2311/20/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...
thanks man. I will definately consider. I've found however that the amp i use greatly improves the mids of the XB700's.
- Dubstep Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sennheiser HD700 7 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › The New Thinksound Woodies. ON2, Rain3 and MS02 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Dt 1170 new for 405€ on amazon.de - deal alert! 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 11 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...