not sure if bashing or advertising =P
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 9/10/12More
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 9/10/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 239/4/12 at 10:44pm
tma 1? i remember once upon a time i was at jaben msia with my friend testing various headphones. he asked me to try certain headphone and i thought it sounded like 6 feet of bass and asked him the price, approx $160 once converted and tax applied. i crawled back to the shelter of my own headphones. what a terrible headphone im so surprised it got positive reviews here and there
so anyway xb700 for deep bass and xb500 for loadsabass
hope this helps^^
Edited by streetdragon - 9/4/12 at 10:46pmpost #18 of 239/4/12 at 11:14pm
I was going to recommend the Dennon 2k's for insane, head rumbling sub bass, but you said Beats were too expensive and D2k's run the same price new, though it's pretty easy to find a used pair for $200. I think the Dennons definitely need an amp to get that bass going.
Maybe look into the Noontech Zoro's? I haven't heard them, just Tyll's review, they're basically Beats ripoffs in looks, but apparently sound far better and are only $100. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro
If you're a basshead, I'd suggest looking into the Digizoid Z02 portable amp at some point too. It would be another $100 investment, but it will pump more juice into your cans and has a built in EQ-like feature that basically allows you to throttle bass up as you desire. I don't listen to much music that features sub bass, but occasionally I would put a song on with the D2k's and crank the Z02 just for fun, it would seriously rattle your brain.post #19 of 239/5/12 at 2:47amStart with the XB700. They're fantastic for $80, scale well, and are EQ-friendly. That deep bass goes hellishly deep.
The XB500 has strong mid bass, but sound like crap otherwise.post #20 of 239/5/12 at 2:48am
If, The M-audio Q40's haven't been mentioned they may me something to look into. I find mine to be awesome with bass oriented music, but then again I haven't heard many other closed headphones to compare. But being able to get them at about $120 there good if you want a nice smooth headphone with pronounced bass.post #21 of 2311/17/12 at 10:20pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.post #22 of 2311/17/12 at 10:43pm
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...post #23 of 2311/20/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...
thanks man. I will definately consider. I've found however that the amp i use greatly improves the mids of the XB700's.
- Dubstep Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Schiit Owners Unite 16 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables Silver Poison - 12 feet cable 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Introduction and question concerning DACs 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Sonus Faber Pryma Alternatives? 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse