post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 

I bought a used Pioneer PL-518 turntable off of Craigslist a few years ago and it came with a Shure Tracer 1 cartridge. Unfortunately, the stylus was recently broken during a move. While the manual recommends a N97HE as the replacement stylus, this website mentions that one can also a N97ED stylus as a replacement, which I can find for a lot cheaper, as it seems the N97HE is not being sold any more. I'm wondering what input any more experienced audiophiles might have to say on this matter? Should I look for a N97ED stylus? Another stylus? Or replace the cartridge altogether?