Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW - COLORFLY C3 - Page 51  

post #751 of 803
Thread Starter 

Was  using extensively with the re272 if there would be hiss it'd be there.

post #752 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Was  using extensively with the re272 if there would be hiss it'd be there.

 

No hiss for me either, with any of my IEM's. My Cowon on the other hand, can hiss with some.

post #753 of 803

20 ohm. Wow.. OK something aint right here...

 

Tried a reset - no change. When its powered on its dead silent and then there is an almighty "whoomp" (im assuming) when the audio circuit kicks in and the hiss starts. I tried a few different formats.. 

What a shame. I really want to love this thing. Its a very nice object otherwise. 

post #754 of 803

The output impedance may not be as bad as I noted earlier. I think that spec was for open loop gain on the chip and some feedback may lower it.

post #755 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post

Exactly the same with me, they took all of the isurus shortcomings and floored them.

 

Want sparkle you got it, right on the  borderline before it gets shrill.

 

Want bass, you get it punching low and hard, and with control and without encroaching onn the mids.

 

And to top it off, you get a wide soundstage with low floor noise and a lush timbre.

 

As uncomfortable i fiind them, im still plugged in  hours llater


Huxley could you give a good comparison between the Rocoo P and C3? Since you own both I'd love to hear what you have to say between them and which one you prefer :).

post #756 of 803
My silicon case arrived today from MisterTao, took about two weeks. I really like it, gives a nice feel in the hand, kinda squishy. Although I'm used to the C3 plain this certainly gives you more confidence and there'll be less scratches overall. But yeah....two weeks, MisterTao came through for others wondering. I was afraid it was going to be one of those month long waits. The reason I didn't purchase CK4 through MisterTao that very reason. Next time no problem. I think his prices out do ebay by quite a margin.



Pimping cool.gif

.
post #757 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

The ridiculous thing is that you were subscribed to that thread. You should know better - this is head-fi and we don't care as much about features as we do about sq. Honestly a lot of people are getting spoilt by all the inferior features like shuffling and playlists and they forget that sq is the most important thing. I grew up in the cassette tape era and  things like fast forward and skip are enough for me.


I agree to an extent. I also want features such as playlists, proper tags, gapless and an easy and bug free UI along with excellent sound quality. I don't think it's wrong to want both. But I agree forsaking sound for all of the above is a no go for me as well. Although my go to DAP is nearing perfection and so far is the "King of DAPs" concerning sound quality & useability ;).

post #758 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I agree to an extent. I also want features such as playlists, proper tags, gapless and an easy and bug free UI along with excellent sound quality. I don't think it's wrong to want both. But I agree forsaking sound for all of the above is a no go for me as well. Although my go to DAP is nearing perfection and so far is the "King of DAPs" concerning sound quality & useability wink.gif.

I can understand where you're coming from Lee, especially coming from Hisound players. wink.gif

Here...let me give you a chisel for that defaced Studio V chip.


Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/14/12 at 5:53pm
post #759 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

My silicon case arrived today from MisterTao, took about two weeks. I really like it, gives a nice feel in the hand, kinda squishy. Although I'm used to the C3 plain this certainly gives you more confidence and there'll be less scratches overall. But yeah....two weeks, MisterTao came through for others wondering. I was afraid it was going to be one of those month long waits. The reason I didn't purchase CK4 through MisterTao that very reason. Next time no problem. I think his prices out do ebay by quite a margin.

Pimping cool.gif
.

Good for you. The ones I ordered were from lugbuy and because of their 6-day delay between the time they received them and the time they shipped them. I should have them next week (or Saturday if I'm lucky). As far as mistertao goes - it's as good as the taobao seller you choose. I've had delays and refunds but yeah - if you get stuff from a reputable seller just like on ebay you'll receive your order prompltly if there are no issues with the customs. I should be getting my vsonic vc02 by the end of next week if it doesn't get held at the customs like my brainwavz R1, which has been there for 18 days now.

post #760 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Good for you. The ones I ordered were from lugbuy and because of their 6-day delay between the time they received them and the time they shipped them. I should have them next week (or Saturday if I'm lucky). As far as mistertao goes - it's as good as the taobao seller you choose. I've had delays and refunds but yeah - if you get stuff from a reputable seller just like on ebay you'll receive your order prompltly if there are no issues with the customs. I should be getting my vsonic vc02 by the end of next week if it doesn't get held at the customs like my brainwavz R1, which has been there for 18 days now.

Yeah, $6 silicon case is one thing a $150 odd CK4 is another, I just didn't want to take a risk. Plus bigbarginonline have good turn around times, also without fuss they changed the language to English for me and carefully tested the player. All that done, they still had it shipped within four hours of buying. I got bigbargins down to $165 by the way 'make an offer'

I'd rather pay a little extra and have it my hands sooner as well.

Hopefully you get your cases soon Kova!
post #761 of 803

Yeah, time is an issue with mistertao. You can order something and you'll have to wait at least 3 days to get a response and that might be that the item is out of stock or something. I ordered a white mh1c from two different taobao sellers and waited 4 days for each to just get an out of stock refund. Anyway, if I was getting a C3 now I would probably get it from mistertao and have it engraved - something like"Super-Duper Audiophile-Grade Player". I could wait a week more for that LOL

post #762 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

and yes geko if thats you selling it on ebay for £125 used thats a pretty ****** move.

Yeah it is me.

I wanna see if some noob in UK buys them just because I'm a UK seller lol tongue.gif

Nothing wrong with that considering the RRP on Advanced MP3 Players site is £149, even sale price is £129.
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 11/15/12 at 1:50am
post #763 of 803

By the way. If you guys are ordering from taobao (or mistertao,lugbuy or whatever taobao agent) do note that there is gonna be a massive delay on shipment.

They were having sales on 11/11/12 for singles days and the china post are overloaded with items and expect delay up to at least 1 week. Suggest u guys hold of the purchase till end of the month

post #764 of 803
.
post #765 of 803

It's common courtesy to sell stuff, especially used one (even only a little bit), at a lower price than you paid. For instance, recently I sold a pair of jvc fx1x, which I used for a couple of days for 15 bucks to a noob even though it costs 35-40 bucks where I live. I also sold my pair of vsonic GR02 BE for 26 bucks even though I've used it for two week and I bought it for 36 - hell, I even included a pair of shure olives. If I was selling my c3 I would probably ask for 90 bucks tops even though it is as new and I haven't put anything on the internal memory and it hasn't been formatted, so it still has all the included songs. You just shouldn't sell used stuff at a huge profit just because the local retailers are selling it like that - they're paying taxes, shipping, web hosting (if it's an online store), rents and more taxes if they also own a real store etc. So, when you open you own store and pay all of these you can sell overpriced stuff to get a profit but trying to take advantage of some noobs online isn't right even though I doubt someone will pay that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › REVIEW - COLORFLY C3