Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › beats problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beats problems

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I know that beats suck but is there a way i can break them to turn them in for a warrenty claim with out them noticing at bestbuy

post #2 of 15

Put them on your head, take them off, repeat 10 times.

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

Put them on your head, take them off, repeat 10 times.

Should work like a charm

post #4 of 15

um its an electronic device

 

do you own a toilet?

 

do the math

post #5 of 15

Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them?  Also read the warranty sheet.  Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim.  Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno.  Illegal.  Best case?  Post em on Craigslist and sell em.  

post #6 of 15

If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post

Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them?  Also read the warranty sheet.  Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim.  Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno.  Illegal.  Best case?  Post em on Craigslist and sell em.  

post #7 of 15

Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing.  Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.

 

They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because:  (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post

Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them?  Also read the warranty sheet.  Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim.  Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno.  Illegal.  Best case?  Post em on Craigslist and sell em.  

 

I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product.  Guess I didn't take that into consideration.  Still a good idea to read over though.  Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try.  Great chance of backfiring though.  You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops. 

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post

Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try.  Great chance of backfiring though.  You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops. 

 

Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal.  When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure.  Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that.  biggrin.gif  Best of luck!

post #10 of 15

And the integrity of headfiers is thrown into question again...

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

And the integrity of headfiers is thrown into question again...

 

Depends.  I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end.  Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept.  Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.

post #12 of 15

Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.

 

Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.

post #13 of 15

Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.

 

You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.

 

Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal.  When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure.  Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that.  biggrin.gif   Best of luck!

You made my day. biggrin.gif
post #15 of 15

Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScratch View Post

You made my day. biggrin.gif

 

Glad to be of help!  biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBS View Post

Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.

 

Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address.  eek.gif  Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk.  Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › beats problems