I know that beats suck but is there a way i can break them to turn them in for a warrenty claim with out them noticing at bestbuy
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Bass Headphones, Better than Crappy Beats, that "vibrate or rattle" the skull? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Audiophile Headphone Aesthetic (and new Denon lineup) Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones Last post on 7/31/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats, SCAM? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some headphones to use for an iPod Last post on 1/6/12 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 159/3/12 at 5:57pmpost #3 of 159/3/12 at 5:59pmpost #4 of 159/3/12 at 6:05pmpost #5 of 159/3/12 at 6:10pm
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them? Also read the warranty sheet. Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim. Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno. Illegal. Best case? Post em on Craigslist and sell em.post #6 of 159/3/12 at 6:54pm
If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.post #7 of 159/3/12 at 11:12pm
Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing. Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.
They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because: (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.post #8 of 159/3/12 at 11:52pmQuote:
I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product. Guess I didn't take that into consideration. Still a good idea to read over though. Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try. Great chance of backfiring though. You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops.post #9 of 159/3/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!post #10 of 159/4/12 at 2:36ampost #11 of 159/4/12 at 2:43am
Depends. I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end. Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept. Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.post #12 of 159/4/12 at 4:28am
Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.
Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.post #13 of 159/18/12 at 3:30pm
Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.
You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.
Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.post #14 of 159/18/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!
You made my day.post #15 of 159/18/12 at 5:49pm
Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.
Glad to be of help!Quote:
Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address. Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk. Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."
- beats problems
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG K3003 (non-remote version) 6 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 33 seconds ago
- › In-ears for female friend under $100? 33 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Spacious Cups? 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 6 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2