I know that beats suck but is there a way i can break them to turn them in for a warrenty claim with out them noticing at bestbuy
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Bass Headphones, Better than Crappy Beats, that "vibrate or rattle" the skull? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Audiophile Headphone Aesthetic (and new Denon lineup) Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones Last post on 7/31/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats, SCAM? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some headphones to use for an iPod Last post on 1/6/12 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
beats problemspost #2 of 159/3/12 at 5:57pmpost #3 of 159/3/12 at 5:59pmpost #4 of 159/3/12 at 6:05pmpost #5 of 159/3/12 at 6:10pm
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them? Also read the warranty sheet. Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim. Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno. Illegal. Best case? Post em on Craigslist and sell em.post #6 of 159/3/12 at 6:54pm
If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.post #7 of 159/3/12 at 11:12pm
Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing. Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.
They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because: (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.post #8 of 159/3/12 at 11:52pmQuote:
I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product. Guess I didn't take that into consideration. Still a good idea to read over though. Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try. Great chance of backfiring though. You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops.post #9 of 159/3/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!post #10 of 159/4/12 at 2:36ampost #11 of 159/4/12 at 2:43am
Depends. I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end. Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept. Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.post #12 of 159/4/12 at 4:28am
Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.
Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.post #13 of 159/18/12 at 3:30pm
Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.
You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.
Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.post #14 of 159/18/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!
You made my day.post #15 of 159/18/12 at 5:49pm
Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.
Glad to be of help!Quote:
Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address. Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk. Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."
- beats problems
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5 II Custom Themes Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165 Help 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse