I know that beats suck but is there a way i can break them to turn them in for a warrenty claim with out them noticing at bestbuy
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Bass Headphones, Better than Crappy Beats, that "vibrate or rattle" the skull? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Audiophile Headphone Aesthetic (and new Denon lineup) Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones Last post on 7/31/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats, SCAM? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some headphones to use for an iPod Last post on 1/6/12 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 159/3/12 at 5:57pmpost #3 of 159/3/12 at 5:59pmpost #4 of 159/3/12 at 6:05pmpost #5 of 159/3/12 at 6:10pm
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them? Also read the warranty sheet. Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim. Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno. Illegal. Best case? Post em on Craigslist and sell em.post #6 of 159/3/12 at 6:54pm
If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.post #7 of 159/3/12 at 11:12pm
Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing. Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.
They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because: (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.post #8 of 159/3/12 at 11:52pmQuote:
I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product. Guess I didn't take that into consideration. Still a good idea to read over though. Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try. Great chance of backfiring though. You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops.post #9 of 159/3/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!post #10 of 159/4/12 at 2:36ampost #11 of 159/4/12 at 2:43am
Depends. I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end. Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept. Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.post #12 of 159/4/12 at 4:28am
Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.
Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.post #13 of 159/18/12 at 3:30pm
Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.
You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.
Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.post #14 of 159/18/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!
You made my day.post #15 of 159/18/12 at 5:49pm
Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.
Glad to be of help!Quote:
Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address. Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk. Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."
- beats problems
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 4 minutes ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 6 minutes ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)