I know that beats suck but is there a way i can break them to turn them in for a warrenty claim with out them noticing at bestbuy
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for Bass Headphones, Better than Crappy Beats, that "vibrate or rattle" the skull? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Audiophile Headphone Aesthetic (and new Denon lineup) Last post on 6/7/12 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones Last post on 7/31/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beats, SCAM? Last post on 1/12/12 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some headphones to use for an iPod Last post on 1/6/12 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 159/3/12 at 5:57pmpost #3 of 159/3/12 at 5:59pmpost #4 of 159/3/12 at 6:05pmpost #5 of 159/3/12 at 6:10pm
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them? Also read the warranty sheet. Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim. Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno. Illegal. Best case? Post em on Craigslist and sell em.post #6 of 159/3/12 at 6:54pm
If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.post #7 of 159/3/12 at 11:12pm
Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing. Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.
They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because: (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.post #8 of 159/3/12 at 11:52pmQuote:
I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product. Guess I didn't take that into consideration. Still a good idea to read over though. Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try. Great chance of backfiring though. You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops.post #9 of 159/3/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!post #10 of 159/4/12 at 2:36ampost #11 of 159/4/12 at 2:43am
Depends. I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end. Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept. Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.post #12 of 159/4/12 at 4:28am
Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.
Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.post #13 of 159/18/12 at 3:30pm
Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.
You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.
Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.post #14 of 159/18/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal. When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure. Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. Best of luck!
You made my day.post #15 of 159/18/12 at 5:49pm
Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.
Glad to be of help!Quote:
Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address. Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk. Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."
- beats problems
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 21 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Is it worth it? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 3 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...