Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 58

post #856 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

acually the player is just on and running, no other apps installed or running, no widgets except a wallpaper, and the screen is off. the stutter just happens randomly.

i dont like to install any other apps with the F, my phone should do that instead :P
It's likely still a storage bottleneck of some kind, in my experience file accessing on the F80x is less than blazing fast.
post #857 of 1977

all good bro, it really doesnt bug me at all since it only happens very randomly. i used the F this morning for commuting and the stutter did not happen =)

post #858 of 1977

oooo look what arrived from japan this morning!

 

 

700

post #859 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

oooo look what arrived from japan this morning!

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

Very nice! Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, through what delivery service? EMS? FedEx? UPS? DHL? Regular air mail? The reason for my curiosity is that I recently attempted to send an NW-F to a buyer overseas and EMS sent my package back (lithium battery). I had to resort to an expensive FedEx (which unfortunately the buyer bore the burden financially).

post #860 of 1977

i got sent a 'audio cable' wink.gif via japan post, posted on the 13th

post #861 of 1977
And Japan's box is prettier than TRoW. Unsurprisingly...
post #862 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by salanos View Post

And Japan's box is prettier than TRoW. Unsurprisingly...

smile.gif

post #863 of 1977

I really decided to purchase this device and the final thing I'd like to know if there is a proof that EU version of NWZ-F800 has a volume cap. I've senn a lot of speculations on this topic, but no feedbacks from real users of EU version on NWZ-F800.

Are here any european users? :)

post #864 of 1977

I'm highly considering getting this player, but I have a few questions. Hardware buttons for pocket-control have always been important to me. They were the main reason I got the F's predecessor, the X series. I see that this version only has: power, volume, and W button. Is this sufficient for blind usage? I understand the W button has functionality with the stock player, but what does it do in 3rd party players like PlayerPro or Neutron? I really need mp3/FLAC gapless, and on-the-go playlists, so I don't plan to use the stock app.

 

I hear the F80X can support swipe gestures to control next/previous. This might be a decent alternative for pocket control. Can gestures control pause/play as well? Can the swipe gestures be used in 3rd party media player software? Is there any way to get dual-purpose out of the existing hardware buttons? e.g. an app/hack that makes long press on volume next/previous and can make W button pause/play. 

 

Lastly, can the F80X play any high res (e.g. 24/96) FLAC's properly? I don't have a lot of high-res tracks, but a few.

 

Sorry for so many questions, but blind control is the one nagging issue that will make or break the deal for me. I must know before I drop this much coin on one! Cheers.


Edited by seekadds - 11/20/12 at 8:14am
post #865 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekadds View Post

 

I hear the F80X can support swipe gestures to control next/previous. This might be a decent alternative for pocket control. Can gestures control pause/play as well? Can the swipe gestures be used in 3rd party media player software? Is there any way to get dual-purpose out of the existing hardware buttons? e.g. an app/hack that makes long press on volume next/previous and can make W button pause/play. 

 

Lastly, can the F80X play any high res (e.g. 24/96) FLAC's properly? I don't have a lot of high-res tracks, but a few.

 

Sorry for so many questions, but blind control is the one nagging issue that will make or break the deal for me. I must know before I drop this much coin on one! Cheers.

 

The "W" and swipe features work well, but it won't replace a dedicate button.  Sadly, these features won't engage on 3rd party media player software.  I tried this with Power Amp.

 

The F80X can only support 16 bit 44.1khz.  Hopefully in couple of years, 24/96 will be possible.  Knowing how much they love their SACD formats, I doubt that they will release 24/96 capable player though.

post #866 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

 

The "W" and swipe features work well, but it won't replace a dedicate button.  Sadly, these features won't engage on 3rd party media player software.  I tried this with Power Amp.

 

The F80X can only support 16 bit 44.1khz.  Hopefully in couple of years, 24/96 will be possible.  Knowing how much they love their SACD formats, I doubt that they will release 24/96 capable player though.

 

 

Ok thanks for the quick reply, sorry to hear that's the case. It looks like I will have to pass on this, even though it is very tempting. Sony getting rid of the hardware media buttons is a real catastrophe for me. mad.gif

post #867 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

i got sent a 'audio cable' wink.gif  via japan post, posted on the 13th

Congratulations on your "Audio Cable".
post #868 of 1977

Greetings 

 

Im Michael from Poland.

 

I was hasitating between Sony Walkman F and Z, and i choose Walkman Z( 1050 red). Both has EU volume cap, but i feel the Z is slightly louder. Imo volume cap isn't as bad as you think( shure it's better without it), unless you are using iems or efficient headphones.

post #869 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


Congratulations on your "Audio Cable".

geee thanks beyersmile.png

post #870 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

oooo look what arrived from japan this morning!

 

 

 

 

Congrats and enjoy :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)