Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 38

post #556 of 1977
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

Hisses a bit with 4.Ai, hisses a lot with Fitear ToGo! 334

 

Nevertheless I am enjoying the sound signature a lot.

 

Hmmmm, I don't really get very much hiss at all with the F806 and my TG!334's. Is it on all of your musics' quiet passages? I'm wondering if it's in the recordings... Hope it doesn't prove too distracting for you.

post #557 of 1977

hiss confused_face.gif

post #558 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

Hmmmm, I don't really get very much hiss at all with the F806 and my TG!334's. Is it on all of your musics' quiet passages? I'm wondering if it's in the recordings... Hope it doesn't prove too distracting for you.

 

It hisses at any circumstances. Whether I am playing music or not. Not a huge deal-breaker for me since I used to pair X series with CK100.

 

Thanks for hooking me up Alex. Sadly I don't think I can afford to buy the 64gb due to tight budget being a student. Hope it didn't cause any problems.


Edited by Bokyung - 10/23/12 at 8:19pm
post #559 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by salanos View Post

Turok does the digital NC only work with the included earphones, or does it work with other equipment? If I can use it with other earphones, that'd be such a blessing...

 

The only other cans it works with is the MDR-NWNC200 which is not available outside of Japan. I got them to go with my Z1070. They're OK sounding, but definitely nothing to write home about.
post #560 of 1977

How are you guys getting the F807? I'm wondering if I should get a coworker to buy/ship me one.

post #561 of 1977

got it today ,will post tomorrow.

 

2 gun metal ( pontu, calvinpo )

2 white f807 ( ayeveen , so 1 available )

2 black f807 ( 2 available )

1 black f806 ( from last time )

 

anyone interested just pm me. next week i need to go singapore than off to shanghai so won't be free arrange anymore , cheers.

post #562 of 1977
Aww, there isn't one for me?
post #563 of 1977

I've ordered a Sony F806, I still haven't listened to the sony Z, but I've read on a website

http://mp3-players.findthebest.com/compare/2-139/Sony-Walkman-NWZ-Z1040-vs-Sony-NWZ-F806

 

and does it seem that F806 does not have as many audio techonologies as the Z?

If someone by chance has already listened to both of them, would you mind show me the more details comparison about their sound signature?

post #564 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednuht View Post

I've ordered a Sony F806, I still haven't listened to the sony Z, but I've read on a website
http://mp3-players.findthebest.com/compare/2-139/Sony-Walkman-NWZ-Z1040-vs-Sony-NWZ-F806

and does it seem that F806 does not have as many audio techonologies as the Z?
If someone by chance has already listened to both of them, would you mind show me the more details comparison about their sound signature?

Nice finding, i sold my z not long ago. sound signature about the same just that i would prefer f series because flac support natively, once you get used to flac format you will notice mp3 sound pretty flat and treble too high.
post #565 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlow View Post

anyone interested just pm me. next week i need to go singapore than off to shanghai so won't be free arrange anymore , cheers.

 

Alex.... so does that mean you won't be able to get me one late Nov'?

post #566 of 1977

Gutted that you don't have anymore gun metal walkmans alex. Is there any chance you will be getting anymore? At this rate nobody in the uk gonna have one
 

post #567 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodeefex View Post

How are you guys getting the F807? I'm wondering if I should get a coworker to buy/ship me one.

 

pm Alex... I'd be quick, he aint got many left.

post #568 of 1977

Proud new owner of a F807 gun metal, amazing build quality and screen clarity.  Size and feel in your hand is perfect for me. .For any Android noobs, I would suggest replacing the standard keyboard, SONY defaults to an old-style 3-click flip phone keyboard( really? ). I'm really happy there's a spectacular product alternative to the Apple-verse. Now to fill it up.
 

post #569 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlow View Post


Nice finding, i sold my z not long ago. sound signature about the same just that i would prefer f series because flac support natively, once you get used to flac format you will notice mp3 sound pretty flat and treble too high.

thks for your suggestion, but I think the sound from the mp3 320 kbps converted from flac is almost the same as the flac itself, isn't it?

post #570 of 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednuht View Post

thks for your suggestion, but I think the sound from the mp3 320 kbps converted from flac is almost the same as the flac itself, isn't it?

http://mp3-encoder-software-review.toptenreviews.com/what-the-flac-mp3-vs.-flac.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)