No screen protectors or anything on it (not aware of any available yet), and I have it in my pocket sometimes around the house (cleaning & such), but when I do that I make sure there is nothing at all besides it in my pocket so it avoids scratches. Other than that, it goes in a padded Case Logic MP3 case, then in my backpack on the way to work.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- HELP: How to transfer ATRAC Lossless .oma file to Sony X series player Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:25pm in Portable Source Gear
- A Sony with a LOD doc? Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:23am in Portable Source Gear
- My Sony X1060 has drowned in a cloudburst Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9, is there something smaller? Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:48am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 15
For those curious about the LOD, here's the link http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.17.19.3ad562&id=9848615152& .
My player is blue, what's yours? =D
Interesting LOD with female connection to audio. Does anyone know of a LOD combined with a USB for power?
I'd like to use this in the car, with LOD to car stereo at the same time as the walkman is being charged via usb?
walkman ==> adapter ====> LOD to car aux input
====> USB to car cigarette lighter/usb power
seems like a natural. anyone seen this type of franken-connector?
I got an email from Sony HK as I'm a member with them (I bought all my A8xx & Z1060 walkman there). They are having a "Sony感謝祭2012" event from Oct 4 to Oct 7. Apparently there will be pre-sale for the coming up products including F800 series. My guess is there is no 64G neither. But at least (for us Aussie customers) HK normally is the cheapest place to buy walkman. Sonystyle HK won't ship to Aus directly but there are other online shops or ebay or if you have a friend living/visiting there.
has anyone compared the output to their phone? My Galaxy Nexus won't drive my headphones well enough for some genres. I can get away with Chesky's vocal albums, but for classical and even hip hop, it's underpowered. I'm hoping this might be good enough.
Edited by zerodeefex - 10/2/12 at 9:18am
a couple of more questions as i play with this unit.
1. is there an owner's manual? i can't find anything other than a quick start guide or the embedded help file on the 806f.
2. is there a way to change the line level output? i'd like to increase it a bit if possible.
you will find the manual on the support part of any sony site but it seems they rushed to get it out as it is in fact a too generic manual
could anyone post realistic battery life on that on wav, mp3, flac and video ? trying to find out if it will be better life than the a800 series. My guess is if its the very same battery as a800 series it will drain out quicker - larger screen and android (running background apps etc)
and the gps does it work properly ? can it pick up satellites just like a regular gps ? can it update a positioning file ? can it work with offline tiles on google navigation / google maps ?
lets just say, it pisses all over the iPhone5 maps
thks but... "lets just say ?" thats too criptic!
Is this the best answer I can get ?
Edited by ninogui - 10/4/12 at 7:10am
the new IPhone-5 has major problems with its maps which has been well document on the internet... I only use my WM-Z for music so I ain't got a clue how the map thingy works, even if I was going somewhere I tend to know beforehand how to get there... and that really is the definative answer from me.
If you want a real GPS, just pay $10 for "co-pilot live" on Google Play store and be done. Google map is pretty sweet but it also has its shortcomings. Since Sony walkman doesn't come with data connection, you will need to save maps during the offline navigation. Co-pilot app really work great for me and isn't expensive. Again, this is a superb music playing device.
ok great so I assume it will work with both google nav with saved tiles on buffer as well as sygic or any other dedicated non foto gps software
what about battery life can anyone rated it against the A series ? my bet is the F series will drain faster, whats your eval?
I don't have the A-series to test against, but I do have the X1060, and it does seem shorter than that. They claim 32 hours music listening time, but I highly doubt that. That must be with screen brightness almost all the way down, no wifi on, no running apps in the background, and figuring the listener just hits play and leaves the thing alone for that duration! It's not bad with wifi off and airplane mode on, but it's no X. Sorry can't be more specific right now.
- Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 57 seconds ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 1 minute ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 1 minute ago
- › Love music too much to be listening to it the way I am. PLEASE HELP 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 4 minutes ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 5 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe