No screen protectors or anything on it (not aware of any available yet), and I have it in my pocket sometimes around the house (cleaning & such), but when I do that I make sure there is nothing at all besides it in my pocket so it avoids scratches. Other than that, it goes in a padded Case Logic MP3 case, then in my backpack on the way to work.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony NWZ-F806BLK 32 GB Walkman Digital Media Playertagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- HELP: How to transfer ATRAC Lossless .oma file to Sony X series player Last post on 10/7/13 at 5:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- A Sony with a LOD doc? Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:23am in Portable Source Gear
- My Sony X1060 has drowned in a cloudburst Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9, is there something smaller? Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:48am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Review on the FiiO RC-MH1 PCOCC-A Upgrade Headphone Cable Greetings, I am here to present to you guys with a review on the FiiO PCOCC-A 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable that FiiO had sent out to a...
Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those curious about the LOD, here's the link http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.17.19.3ad562&id=9848615152& .
My player is blue, what's yours? =D
Interesting LOD with female connection to audio. Does anyone know of a LOD combined with a USB for power?
I'd like to use this in the car, with LOD to car stereo at the same time as the walkman is being charged via usb?
walkman ==> adapter ====> LOD to car aux input
====> USB to car cigarette lighter/usb power
seems like a natural. anyone seen this type of franken-connector?
I got an email from Sony HK as I'm a member with them (I bought all my A8xx & Z1060 walkman there). They are having a "Sony感謝祭2012" event from Oct 4 to Oct 7. Apparently there will be pre-sale for the coming up products including F800 series. My guess is there is no 64G neither. But at least (for us Aussie customers) HK normally is the cheapest place to buy walkman. Sonystyle HK won't ship to Aus directly but there are other online shops or ebay or if you have a friend living/visiting there.
has anyone compared the output to their phone? My Galaxy Nexus won't drive my headphones well enough for some genres. I can get away with Chesky's vocal albums, but for classical and even hip hop, it's underpowered. I'm hoping this might be good enough.
Edited by zerodeefex - 10/2/12 at 9:18am
a couple of more questions as i play with this unit.
1. is there an owner's manual? i can't find anything other than a quick start guide or the embedded help file on the 806f.
2. is there a way to change the line level output? i'd like to increase it a bit if possible.
you will find the manual on the support part of any sony site but it seems they rushed to get it out as it is in fact a too generic manual
could anyone post realistic battery life on that on wav, mp3, flac and video ? trying to find out if it will be better life than the a800 series. My guess is if its the very same battery as a800 series it will drain out quicker - larger screen and android (running background apps etc)
and the gps does it work properly ? can it pick up satellites just like a regular gps ? can it update a positioning file ? can it work with offline tiles on google navigation / google maps ?
lets just say, it pisses all over the iPhone5 maps
thks but... "lets just say ?" thats too criptic!
Is this the best answer I can get ?
Edited by ninogui - 10/4/12 at 7:10am
the new IPhone-5 has major problems with its maps which has been well document on the internet... I only use my WM-Z for music so I ain't got a clue how the map thingy works, even if I was going somewhere I tend to know beforehand how to get there... and that really is the definative answer from me.
If you want a real GPS, just pay $10 for "co-pilot live" on Google Play store and be done. Google map is pretty sweet but it also has its shortcomings. Since Sony walkman doesn't come with data connection, you will need to save maps during the offline navigation. Co-pilot app really work great for me and isn't expensive. Again, this is a superb music playing device.
ok great so I assume it will work with both google nav with saved tiles on buffer as well as sygic or any other dedicated non foto gps software
what about battery life can anyone rated it against the A series ? my bet is the F series will drain faster, whats your eval?
I don't have the A-series to test against, but I do have the X1060, and it does seem shorter than that. They claim 32 hours music listening time, but I highly doubt that. That must be with screen brightness almost all the way down, no wifi on, no running apps in the background, and figuring the listener just hits play and leaves the thing alone for that duration! It's not bad with wifi off and airplane mode on, but it's no X. Sorry can't be more specific right now.
- Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-7520 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser CX175 and CX215 57 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing headphones 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › UE TripleFi 10 Rev4 or Rev5? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Broken TripleFi10 - Any Options? 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card by killeraxemannic
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe