It looks like you can do on the go playlists with the latest updage to the firmware (1.11). It's listed in Sony's added list of new features with this firmware (I have the new update, and when listening to a track, it looks like you can indeed select add to playlist, and do it on the go-- but I haven't played around with it yet as I don't really do playlists all that often):
NWZ-F804/F805/F806 Firmware Update Program Download Service
Article ID:558800(modified 09 May 2013)
For owners of Walkman F series, we offer NWZ-F804/F805/F806 firmware update program to the latest version 1.11.
Please read carefully the following instructions.
Note: This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.11 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
This utility updates the Walkman® player to firmware version 1.11 and provides the following benefits:
- Enhancement of Media players operation stability
- Other functional improvements
Improvements provided by previous updates and included in version 1.11:
- The DLNA application is added.
- The Music player application is enhanced (for example, the playlist creation function is added).
- Sound effect functions are improved.
NWZ-F800Series (NWZ-F804/F805/F806) that have firmware version lower than 1.11.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap System settings, and About device.
Confirm the Model number and Build number.
Target PC environments
Edited by cn11 - 6/15/13 at 10:18am