Did you notice any improvements/changes after the update?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony NWZ-F806BLK 32 GB Walkman Digital Media Playertagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- HELP: How to transfer ATRAC Lossless .oma file to Sony X series player Last post on 10/7/13 at 5:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- A Sony with a LOD doc? Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:23am in Portable Source Gear
- My Sony X1060 has drowned in a cloudburst Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9, is there something smaller? Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:48am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Z also got updated. I'm feeling the sound has been improved a bit. Dunno about the F though.
Just to let NW-F800 (Japanese version) users know, it has been updated as well. Just get it via Wi-Fi as usual. I've noticed (and the improvement list in Japanese at start of update referred to bug fixes and smoother operation):
-smoother scrolling and transitions throughout (much improved, before I found it to be quite "jerky")
-Android "back" button from currently playing music to library much faster, and then immediately scrolling through library much faster (no "wait time")
-switching from "grid" to "list" view of music much faster
-faster wake up with "W" button
-sounds fantastic (OK, well, it already sounded fantastic so...but it really does sound like the volume has been boosted or the soundstage has widened a bit or both. I guess I should have listened to it right before the update.)
-Also will check to see if a problem I have is solved, using FLAC files, once in a while music will "skip" or "stop" for a fraction of a second, I suspect it's a background application running. If it doesn't do it for a week or so then I'm guessing it must have been part of the bug fix.
I still notice distortions on upper bass sometimes.
One more example:
Distortion also affects the voice. On my EX1000 it's very noticeable.
Happy to report not a single skip while playing FLAC files. Also, I'm really sure that the sound has been tweaked, it's more "comfortable" to listen to and the details of different instruments is more refined. I'm absolutely sure.
Isn't there any workaround to this at all. No one that's been looking into it?
I hope that those without serial number will also be able to update it soon.
With no one working on custom rom, there doesn't seem to be any hope.
I checked xda and they do have the dump for 1.10, but they still don't have any method to root F
so the only method would be: sell it and buy one with s/n :P
- Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 10 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Moon Audio Silver Dragon Balanced Headphone cable for Sennheiser HD... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Where do I start 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude