Did you notice any improvements/changes after the update?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony NWZ-F806BLK 32 GB Walkman Digital Media Playertagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- HELP: How to transfer ATRAC Lossless .oma file to Sony X series player Last post on 10/7/13 at 5:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- A Sony with a LOD doc? Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:23am in Portable Source Gear
- My Sony X1060 has drowned in a cloudburst Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9, is there something smaller? Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:48am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Z also got updated. I'm feeling the sound has been improved a bit. Dunno about the F though.
Just to let NW-F800 (Japanese version) users know, it has been updated as well. Just get it via Wi-Fi as usual. I've noticed (and the improvement list in Japanese at start of update referred to bug fixes and smoother operation):
-smoother scrolling and transitions throughout (much improved, before I found it to be quite "jerky")
-Android "back" button from currently playing music to library much faster, and then immediately scrolling through library much faster (no "wait time")
-switching from "grid" to "list" view of music much faster
-faster wake up with "W" button
-sounds fantastic (OK, well, it already sounded fantastic so...but it really does sound like the volume has been boosted or the soundstage has widened a bit or both. I guess I should have listened to it right before the update.)
-Also will check to see if a problem I have is solved, using FLAC files, once in a while music will "skip" or "stop" for a fraction of a second, I suspect it's a background application running. If it doesn't do it for a week or so then I'm guessing it must have been part of the bug fix.
I still notice distortions on upper bass sometimes.
One more example:
Distortion also affects the voice. On my EX1000 it's very noticeable.
Happy to report not a single skip while playing FLAC files. Also, I'm really sure that the sound has been tweaked, it's more "comfortable" to listen to and the details of different instruments is more refined. I'm absolutely sure.
Isn't there any workaround to this at all. No one that's been looking into it?
I hope that those without serial number will also be able to update it soon.
With no one working on custom rom, there doesn't seem to be any hope.
I checked xda and they do have the dump for 1.10, but they still don't have any method to root F
so the only method would be: sell it and buy one with s/n :P
- Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 22 seconds ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 43 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 1 minute ago
- › ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread! 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi