Did you notice any improvements/changes after the update?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony NWZ-F806BLK 32 GB Walkman Digital Media Playertagged by System, 9/24/12
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can anyone point me towards a good DAP for under $250? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- HELP: How to transfer ATRAC Lossless .oma file to Sony X series player Last post on 10/7/13 at 5:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- A Sony with a LOD doc? Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:23am in Portable Source Gear
- My Sony X1060 has drowned in a cloudburst Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9, is there something smaller? Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:48am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Z also got updated. I'm feeling the sound has been improved a bit. Dunno about the F though.
Just to let NW-F800 (Japanese version) users know, it has been updated as well. Just get it via Wi-Fi as usual. I've noticed (and the improvement list in Japanese at start of update referred to bug fixes and smoother operation):
-smoother scrolling and transitions throughout (much improved, before I found it to be quite "jerky")
-Android "back" button from currently playing music to library much faster, and then immediately scrolling through library much faster (no "wait time")
-switching from "grid" to "list" view of music much faster
-faster wake up with "W" button
-sounds fantastic (OK, well, it already sounded fantastic so...but it really does sound like the volume has been boosted or the soundstage has widened a bit or both. I guess I should have listened to it right before the update.)
-Also will check to see if a problem I have is solved, using FLAC files, once in a while music will "skip" or "stop" for a fraction of a second, I suspect it's a background application running. If it doesn't do it for a week or so then I'm guessing it must have been part of the bug fix.
I still notice distortions on upper bass sometimes.
One more example:
Distortion also affects the voice. On my EX1000 it's very noticeable.
Happy to report not a single skip while playing FLAC files. Also, I'm really sure that the sound has been tweaked, it's more "comfortable" to listen to and the details of different instruments is more refined. I'm absolutely sure.
Isn't there any workaround to this at all. No one that's been looking into it?
I hope that those without serial number will also be able to update it soon.
With no one working on custom rom, there doesn't seem to be any hope.
I checked xda and they do have the dump for 1.10, but they still don't have any method to root F
so the only method would be: sell it and buy one with s/n :P
- Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 48 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 57 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Furman Elite-15 PF power conditioner 1 minute ago
- › my T5p+cash for your TH900 or W3000ANV 1 minute ago
- › Need DAC Advice 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [SOLD] Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob