Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 88

post #1306 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacat00 View Post

How does the Walkman F series stack up to the Zune HD? Is the Walkman F series sound quality a lot better than the Zune HD?

Any Walkman sounds better than the Zune HD.

post #1307 of 1975

hello together

ok, so i got the japanese 32 gb version,... one of the"special versions" <_<'
and i got also the noise cancellation earbuds with it.... i think the earbuds are okay... but yeah not enough bass for me

so what earbuds can u recommend ?

i tryed many walkmans... but srsly... the X series.. were THE BEST !!!!!! .... i was dissapointed with Z and F is actually the same...but now that i dont have the x series anymore I use the F.... i mean the F is much better from z.... cuz its not that big anymore, and the display is also much better, also much more fluent and
precise touchscreen... but yeah... I can remeber myselfe that the X was just freakin awesome... it was like a dream.... extremly clear but deep bass and sound ..... but f is just clear sound and not that much bass... not really deep bass

so maybe I can buy better earbuds with better and stronger bass for F, please not that expensive and if possible with noise cancellation...

hope u can help me :S

thanks for your help and sorry for my english :S
 

post #1308 of 1975
Thread Starter 

I hope you wind up finding the F as enjoyable as the X... It'll run pretty much any earphone you want to use with it. But I think it rewards for using high end ones, because the sound is pretty refined. I don't find the bass that much less than with the X, but that is with the Fitear TG!334 earphones which are highly revealing of everything in the frequency spectrum. You'll find a more expansive/open, and detailed sound over the X which sounds a bit more thick and congested by comparison. I still have my X, and have done back-to-back comparisons many times, and always hear it the same way. The bass is just a touch less thick, but tighter, and reaches pretty close to the same depth. I think what you may be hearing is that the X presents a slighter thicker bass (maybe it's more mid-bass in the mix)... that's how it seems to me anyway.

 

But you should be good with just about any high end earphone you choose. Westone 4, IE80, Fitear, etc etc... will all be good. 

 

Enjoy.


Edited by cn11 - 1/18/13 at 6:25am
post #1309 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

I hope you wind up finding the F as enjoyable as the X... It'll run pretty much any earphone you want to use with it. But I think it rewards for using high end ones, because the sound is pretty refined. I don't find the bass that much less than with the X, but that is with the Fitear TG!334 earphones which are highly revealing of everything in the frequency spectrum. You'll find a more expansive/open, and detailed sound over the X which sounds a bit more thick and congested by comparison. I still have my X, and have done back-to-back comparisons many times, and always hear it the same way. The bass is just a touch less thick, but tighter, and reaches pretty close to the same depth. I think what you may be hearing is that the X presents a slighter thicker bass (maybe it's more mid-bass in the mix)... that's how it seems to me anyway.

 

But you should be good with just about any high end earphone you choose. Westone 4, IE80, Fitear, etc etc... will all be good. 

 

Enjoy.

thank u very much for the answer : ]

yeah well from that day when i got the X ... I always used the earbuds that were with it... i think those were realllyyyy good !!! its awesome... but omg... i just googled your earbuds... and holy ****... its expensive xDDD ^^'''

post #1310 of 1975
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownkuro View Post

thank u very much for the answer : ]

yeah well from that day when i got the X ... I always used the earbuds that were with it... i think those were realllyyyy good !!! its awesome... but omg... i just googled your earbuds... and holy ****... its expensive xDDD ^^'''

 

Yep, they'e certainly not cheap... but wow, the sound. Most spacious, headphone-like sound I've heard from an IEM. And they pair great with the Sony. 

 

You may want to research the Heir 4.Ai. Supposedly great sounding.... and not as pricey.

post #1311 of 1975

I was able to get my Walkman f series 32gb for 270 dollars new X: ).

post #1312 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownkuro View Post

hello together

ok, so i got the japanese 32 gb version,... one of the"special versions" <_<'
and i got also the noise cancellation earbuds with it.... i think the earbuds are okay... but yeah not enough bass for me

so what earbuds can u recommend ?

i tryed many walkmans... but srsly... the X series.. were THE BEST !!!!!! .... i was dissapointed with Z and F is actually the same...but now that i dont have the x series anymore I use the F.... i mean the F is much better from z.... cuz its not that big anymore, and the display is also much better, also much more fluent and
precise touchscreen... but yeah... I can remeber myselfe that the X was just freakin awesome... it was like a dream.... extremly clear but deep bass and sound ..... but f is just clear sound and not that much bass... not really deep bass

so maybe I can buy better earbuds with better and stronger bass for F, please not that expensive and if possible with noise cancellation...

hope u can help me :S

thanks for your help and sorry for my english :S
 

 

I also have the X, A, Z, and F.  To each his own, but I do prefer the F sound signature to the X.  I always thought the X is pretty darn good but the F is just more refined and has much better clarity & imaging.  The X is a little bland with less depth in the soundstage..  Bass wise, it is very comparable in term of output with the X having thicker but not deeper bass.  For bass definition, the F's bass texture win in my book.  With that said, I don't have problems with the bass on the F.  A side note though, I'm using a JH13pro so bass usually never is a problem any way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

I hope you wind up finding the F as enjoyable as the X... It'll run pretty much any earphone you want to use with it. But I think it rewards for using high end ones, because the sound is pretty refined. I don't find the bass that much less than with the X, but that is with the Fitear TG!334 earphones which are highly revealing of everything in the frequency spectrum. You'll find a more expansive/open, and detailed sound over the X which sounds a bit more thick and congested by comparison. I still have my X, and have done back-to-back comparisons many times, and always hear it the same way. The bass is just a touch less thick, but tighter, and reaches pretty close to the same depth. I think what you may be hearing is that the X presents a slighter thicker bass (maybe it's more mid-bass in the mix)... that's how it seems to me anyway.

 

But you should be good with just about any high end earphone you choose. Westone 4, IE80, Fitear, etc etc... will all be good. 

 

Enjoy.

I feel the exact same way.  I love my F and think it is the best sounding walkman among those with "S-Master" digital amplifier circuitry.  If you have a really highend earphones with good bass response, the F is the way to go.  If you decide that you want more bass and like more upfront voicing in the soundstage, then the Z is your choice.  To my ears, the Z is an improved version of the X.  The A is also has very nice sound but it maybe too dark and relaxing for some.  Still I find it better the X as well.  Just my 0.02 cents.

post #1313 of 1975

hmmmmm

maybe i really need high end earbuds to get the full power from the F....

thank u very much to all

post #1314 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownkuro View Post

hmmmmm

maybe i really need high end earbuds to get the full power from the F....

thank u very much to all

Yes, it will be the most beneficial.  You already own one of the best DAP short of hi-rez units out there so don't shortchange it with subpar earphones.  Do it if you can financially.  Your ears will thank you.

post #1315 of 1975
Hi folks!

Do you think that the F807 could be a worthy upgrade from my Cowon J3?
Is this thing better at driving multi-BA IEMs than the J3?

And if so, where can I get one of this awesome limited edition Disney players? biggrin.gif
post #1316 of 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Hi folks!

Do you think that the F807 could be a worthy upgrade from my Cowon J3?
Is this thing better at driving multi-BA IEMs than the J3?

And if so, where can I get one of this awesome limited edition Disney players? biggrin.gif

Yes, I also upgraded from J3 to F-807, albeit indirectly

and from Sony Store Japan
post #1317 of 1975
You can't change the language on the stores website, right? :/


Or would a rockboxed iPod 5.5 be even better then the J3 or the F807?

I really want to get the full potential out of my SM64....preferably without having to use an amp. Cold be hard with 95 Ohm impendance IEMs :/
Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 1/20/13 at 11:23am
post #1318 of 1975

I previously owned various Cowon because I was led to believe they were the best "audiophile" players but sadly I realised that was hardly the case. I am ashamed to admit I used to be an Apple basher and that  I was shocked to find out the Touch 4G sounded quite a bit better than my previous S9. frown.gif

I own a Z now but I would be surprised if the F doesn't sound noticeably better than your J3.

post #1319 of 1975
Sounds pretty tempting so far. I don't mind the lack of a SD-slot. I don't need to carry my whole music library with me wink.gif

Is this thing able to play FLAC files?
And is there any way to change the language of the store? frown.gif
post #1320 of 1975

are you shipping to japan? sony store japan will only ship to japan addresses

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)